THIN 4B HAIR . . .tips, tricks and products you LOVE

trynagrow

Mom to a thin 4b DD here wondering what works or has helped you thin 4bs. I'd like to know any tips for thin 4b hair and get some good product recommendations, recipes, tips, regimens . . . anything!

Jace032000

Hi trynagrow I have 4A/4B strands and I'm still waiting for what works on my hair lol I know some of the ladies are seeing really good results with Annabelle's Perfect Blends. Her products have been hit or miss for me.

The below products I have found success in:

Coconut Oil
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Honey/Olive Oil/Herbal Essences (mixed together and applied to hair as a deep conditioner)
rosemary oil rinses (amazing results after shampooing)
Oyin Hair Dew sealed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil (where has this stuff been all my life?)
Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 sealed with Jamaican Black Castor oil

Blairx0

Thin strands or low density?

I have thin strands and cassia and stretching have made all the difference

trynagrow

Thanks Jace032000!

Blairx0, I think her hair is dense, just has thin fragile strands. I'm thinking of doing a hair analysis. I need all the help I can get.

MsKinkycurl

Almost exclusive finger detangling and increased length. The longer my hair grows, the fuller my stretched styles look.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^I agree. THe original Fine Hair Thread 2014 has a ton of tips for fine haired ladies. I'm a fine haired and lowish density 4b. I find that keeping my hair detangled and stretched works. I believe I'm normal to high porosity, so emmoilient products work for me. I use a soft butter on my ends to keep them from tangling. I love Oyin Hair Dew as a moisturizer, Hairveda Whipped Cream Ends Hydration, and Annabelle's Perfect Blends Hair Creams. These are all light products that melt into your hair, creating instant moisture.

My hair craves protein. I use a medium protein every few weeks like Komaza Protein Strengthener. I use a light protein every week (such as Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion).