Have any 4bs mastered rollersetting?

FtrDrO

Any tips?? I'd like to try this out this fall/winter to keep my hair stretched and kind find many 4bs who have had success in this department. Pictures, techniques, product recommendations, etc are greatly appreciated:yep:

LovingLady

I use to rollerset my hair all the time when I was relaxed. I may try it this weekend and get back to you.

ceebee3

The hair type isn't important when you are just trying to master the basics of setting your hair. There are lots of great tutorials on youtube from relaxed and natural heads alike.

I'm sure you can find great product recommendations also.

LaFemmeNaturelle

OP could you clarify what you mean by mastering? What type of look are you going for? I've seen plenty of rollersets on 4b natural hair that I would deem sucessful and comes out with beautiful curls. You could achieve it with magnetic rollers or curl formers. If you're looking for the sleek look that you would normally get from flat ironed hair or from a type 3 rollerset, then I've never seen it. So before I go searching around, I'd like to know exactly what you're looking for please!

Ladybelle

I'm sitting under the dryer right now waiting for my rollerset to dry. No tips other than practice makes perfect. I also used youtube to learn my technique.

I use magnetic rollers & duck bill clips.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
It will stretch out my hair but my hair won't look rollerset. It will still look like a chunky puff on stretched out hair

FtrDrO

Hey LaFemme, I'm just interested in knowing how to get a frizz less, smoothened set that permits itself to being wrapped and fairly sleek. :)

OP could you clarify what you mean by mastering? What type of look are you going for? I've seen plenty of rollersets on 4b natural hair that I would deem sucessful and comes out with beautiful curls. You could achieve it with magnetic rollers or curl formers. If you're looking for the sleek look that you would normally get from flat ironed hair or from a type 3 rollerset, then I've never seen it. So before I go searching around, I'd like to know exactly what you're looking for please!

FtrDrO

Oh and I guess I should've specified: I'm 4b Natural and want to see if any natural heads have been able to do this. I used to rollerset alot when I was relaxed and want to try it out again.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Hey LaFemme, I'm just interested in knowing how to get a frizz less, smoothened set that permits itself to being wrapped and fairly sleek. :)

Ok cool. In that case, I've never seen it and don't know if you'd be able to get that look without heat. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

naheda72

I plan to try maybe tomorrow with the snap cover rollers. I have used curlformers and the straw set rollers(not sure what they are called) with great success. The magnetic rollers have never worked successfully, but I plan to try again with the snap cover to see if that makes a difference.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Oh and I guess I should've specified: I'm 4b Natural and want to see if any natural heads have been able to do this. I used to rollerset alot when I was relaxed and want to try it out again.

To get a wrappable effect on 4b tbh I've only seen that acheived with direct heat. You could try a rollerset followed by a silk wrap but I think you'll have to get a flat iron to get wrappable effects

manter26

I don't think it's possible to get a sleek set with 4b hair, but you can get some nice curls.

ETA: as for tips, I would recommend a ponytail roller set to get the roots to lie flatter.