There was no Neutralizing Shampoo in the Kit....

Amarech

That's right. My mom purchased a Vitale no lye relaxer kit from the local BSS and there was no neutralizing shampoo, just Part A, Part B (to mix) and two conditioners instead of a neutralizing shampoo and conditioner.

No problem right? Only she didnt realize this until after she rinsed the perm from her hair. So she calls me not even realizing the gravitiy of the situation. I promptly inform her that she need to neutralize and neutralize fast or she might not have much hair the next day.

She didn't have any neutralizing shampoo in the house so she had to drive to the store and get whatever relaxer kit they had. She couldn't go back to the BSS because it's about 15 min away (she lives in a rural area). I told her the best thing I could think of to put in her hair while she did all this:

I told her to douse her hair in vinegar. She did that and ran immediately to the store. I then told her to use the entire bottle of neutralizing shampoo and to leave each lather in for at least 5 min each time.

She called the next day to say that here hair was fine. She noticed slightly more shedding than usual but nothing significant.

That was scary!!

IMFOCSD

That's right. My mom purchased a Vitale no lye relaxer kit from the local BSS and there was no neutralizing shampoo, just Part A, Part B (to mix) and two conditioners instead of a neutralizing shampoo and conditioner.

No problem right? Only she didnt realize this until after she rinsed the perm from her hair. So she calls me not even realizing the gravitiy of the situation. I promptly inform her that she need to neutralize and neutralize fast or she might not have much hair the next day.

She didn't have any neutralizing shampoo in the house so she had to drive to the store and get whatever relaxer kit they had. She couldn't go back to the BSS because it's about 15 min away (she lives in a rural area). I told her the best thing I could think of to put in her hair while she did all this:

I told her to douse her hair in vinegar. She did that and ran immediately to the store. I then told her to use the entire bottle of neutralizing shampoo and to leave each lather in for at least 5 min each time.

She called the next day to say that here hair was fine. She noticed slightly more shedding than usual but nothing significant.

That was scary!!

Now see, I woulda been going nuts.......thank God she did not have any negative effects from that situation.

chicacanella

This is a lesson for everyone to make sure you have everything you need before you start relaxing and even though your family members won't think it is important (some of them) tell them also to make sure all the parts of the relaxing kit are included.:yep:

I am glad your mother's hair is ok too.

ajoyfuljoy

That was scary!!

One word: sue

ashmack

I remember this happened to me one time. I was just about to neutralize when i realized that I could not find the neutralizing shampoo. I knew I saw it in the box, I had just misplaced it. I ran around the house screaming and praying. Luckily I found the shampoo about 5 min later, in the bathroom, by the sink, where I had put it so I could hop in the shower fast and neutralize. This was the last time I relaxed my hair. I have yet to relax my hair since...