THERE IS SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENING TO MY SCALP

Nanyanika

Ladies for two weeks now since my relaxer, i scalp has been constantly sore and tingly even after doing massages during washings, but nothing has soothed it. Anyway i decided to investigate so I parted my hair to see what is happening and to my surprise i found lots of waves at my roots, OMG my hair has been growing like weeds lol, my follicles have been doing over time lol, it must be all those vits and growth aids i'm using, cause i noticed growth after seven days after my relaxer my hair was relaxed bone straight so there is no reversion, i have pics in my album to prove this, I AINT LYING. Do any of you ladies experience soreness during growth spurts? What can i use to ease my sore scalp?

Last edited:

jasmine26

wow, i'm late!! i didn't realize your now relaxed! your hair looks beautifuland shiny!! congrats and good luck on your new hair journey:))

Arcadian

I guess it depends on what you're taking/using. I do get a sore scalp when I get a growth spurt. I just try not to disturb it too often when it happens because it can hurt something fierce!

-A

SignatureBeauty

I do I get sore spots from time to time, I just give my scalp a Light Massage, My daughter is like that also, But lately we haven't had it I guess because we changed our routine.

Nanyanika

NappyParadise said:
I do I get sore spots from time to time, I just give my scalp a Light Massage, My daughter is like that also, But lately we haven't had it I guess because we changed our routine.
I find that i have sore spots in the front/crown areas of my head, the rest of my scalp has lil itchies which i can handle, i'm just wondering what to use on the sore areas.

Nanyanika

Arcadian said:
I guess it depends on what you're taking/using. I do get a sore scalp when I get a growth spurt. I just try not to disturb it too often when it happens because it can hurt something fierce!

-A
Topically i just use sulfur oil mix mainly, and sometimes surge 14 revitaliser. Inyernally, i take Vit C Evening primrose, silica, msm and EPA fish oils for health as well as hair.

Nanyanika

jasmine26 said:
wow, i'm late!! i didn't realize your now relaxed! your hair looks beautifuland shiny!! congrats and good luck on your new hair journey:))
Thanks Jasmine, I'll be back on the natural side one day.

Nanyanika

so1913 said:
Oh boy, that's crazy when growing your hair turns into a painful experience :-(
ITA Very crazy, my scalp was like this during my transition too, i love the growth but the pain.... ME NO LIKE.

ayoung

I think if it is the typical 'hair is growing' soreness you feel--it will pass fairly quickly.

When I experience it--like another said--I just lighty massage the area for a few days.

sprungonhairboards

I've had that happen but not in a long time. Just on the crown area where my head is most tender anyway. My hair grows in in super tight curls and yeah it can be killer! I never did anything but wait for it to pass. I can't imagine massaging it as bad as it would hurt to just touch it. Forget trying to make a part. Luckily that hasn't happened in a long time.

naturaline

wow im happy your growth is going so well! my heads been feeling kinda sore too, but it aint straight im natural- i have noticed my new growth is softer and produces more oil in a good way. i think its the flaxseed/ msm/ biotin. i think im going to start back with the multi vits too. how long have you been taking the vits?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
From time to time I get a sore scalp too, I used to get them more when I was relaxed. Oiling my scalp with warm oil used to help.

Isis

I always experience scalp soreness when I'm having growth spurts. I don't mind this kind of pain. I happens in cycles and I just let it be.

Nanyanika

sprungonhairboards said:
I've had that happen but not in a long time. Just on the crown area where my head is most tender anyway. My hair grows in in super tight curls and yeah it can be killer! I never did anything but wait for it to pass. I can't imagine massaging it as bad as it would hurt to just touch it. Forget trying to make a part. Luckily that hasn't happened in a long time.
It defintely does hurt more when i touch those areas, my hair also grows in tight curls too. O parted my hair to find out if my scalp was burnt by the relaxer but is wasn't i just discovered lots of waves, sounds soo cute

Nanyanika

naturaline said:
wow im happy your growth is going so well! my heads been feeling kinda sore too, but it aint straight im natural- i have noticed my new growth is softer and produces more oil in a good way. i think its the flaxseed/ msm/ biotin. i think im going to start back with the multi vits too. how long have you been taking the vits?
Thanks i'm really happy about the growth too, i've been taking my vitamins since middle of November and my hair is growing in faster and healthier ever since.

ekomba

den1 said:
Ladies for two weeks now since my relaxer, i scalp has been constantly sore and tingly even after doing massages during washings, but nothing has soothed it. Anyway i decided to investigate so I parted my hair to see what is happening and to my surprise i found lots of waves at my roots, OMG my hair has been growing like weeds lol, my follicles have been doing over time lol, it must be all those vits and growth aids i'm using, cause i noticed growth after seven days after my relaxer my hair was relaxed bone straight so there is no reversion, i have pics in my album to prove this, I AINT LYING. Do any of you ladies experience soreness during growth spurts? What can i use to ease my sore scalp?

Den try a braid spray but even braid spray relieves me partially; my best friend is water. I always experience not soreness but like a type a itch that doesnt go away unless i wash the hair. mine is due to the biotin and shen min. sometimes the hair feels so tight it gives me headaches even if i dont have braids on:eek: the only relief i found was water and braid spray but when it feels tight i just let it pass that s how my growth spurt manifests. you just feel it working lol

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Den try a braid spray but even braid spray relieves me partially; my best friend is water. I always experience not soreness but like a type a itch that doesnt go away unless i wash the hair. mine is due to the biotin and shen min. sometimes the hair feels so tight it gives me headaches even if i dont have braids on:eek: the only relief i found was water and braid spray but when it feels tight i just let it pass that s how my growth spurt manifests. you just feel it working lol
Thanks Ekomba, you also go through similar things, i've been using my homemade mix with rosewater/glycerin, seems it makes my scalp itch more i may just try distilled water. I can defintely feel my vits working.

MeechUK

MeechUK
den1 said:

Hi Den1,
I seem to remember you posting/replying to a similar thread before. It sounds like tender-headedness. Have you tried EOs? Some EOs are very soothing and alleviate the stress on your scalp. It sounds like your growth spurts need some kind of relief. Perhaps a soothing mixture added to a spritz or applied directly to your scalp, may help if you are not already doing so.

Your hair looks lovely and healthy, congrats on your progress.

MeechUK

SparklingFlame

den1 said:
I find that i have sore spots in the front/crown areas of my head, the rest of my scalp has lil itchies which i can handle, i'm just wondering what to use on the sore areas.
I ususally get soreness in the front and crown area too. I usually just leave that area alone and it stops being sore. HTH

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Den, I need that recipe!:lol: It's probably the sulfur making yr hair grow so fast! I'm glad that there is no burn from the relaxer.:clap: I hope that your hair continues to thrive.

ElizaBlue

Yep, it's a growth spurt. I get the sore spots so so bad, the only relief I can get is if I find the actual hair or hairs and pull them out. They also have some type of a deformed end. Usually it is stick straight or with a very definite bend at the end of the follicle tip. Also, sometimes I find that I have multiple hairs coming out of the same follicle and once removed the ends are all entangled.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm glad someone finally spoke on this. I wasn't sure exactly what it was. My crown is like this 50% of the time. And when it gets like that I always have to touch the newgrowth...it just calls to me :lachen: . This of course makes it hurt more. I wasn't aware that there was anything that made it stop hurting...