Tender scalp from growth aids???

flowinlocks

I know this has probably been asked, but is anyone experiencing a tender scalp during growth spurts? I'm using topical growth aids , as well as taking MSM & Biotin, And IT'S WORKING, however I have a few spots on my scalp that tender to the touch, no irritation, just tender. Not all over , just in a few spots. Ironically these areas have MASSIVE NG!! I typically get a sore scalp when I'm post 8wks. or more on relaxer, but I'm only six in this time. I'm type 4a/b & MT has given me NOTICEABLY thicker strands:yep: & I'm loving it . When I look at a shed piece of hair it's twice as thick!!! Do you think this is the reason? Or maybe our poor scalps can't keep up with all the growth aids we use & it hurts cause it's pushing the hair out faster than nature intended? Either way I'm not stopping. Just curious.:perplexed

LongCurlyLocks

Well I know when I was a kid and when I would get the sore scalp, I would get growth spurts so maybe that's what it is. I hope so, for you so you can get your grow on!!

I've been having some tenderness in my scalp since last night, and I hope that means it's a growth spurt. I've been taking MSM and using MT. That MT is no joke.

Thanks flowinlocks:grin:, I think the timeframe was about 5-6 weeks(I think). Tomorrow makes week 5 of MT. My hair grew and then it got thicker. I'm loving this thickness, I needed it. Now I think the growth is coming in if the tender scalp is any indication. Had to trim about an inch off last weekend, though--heat damage. Hopefully I can get to APL by my B-Day:drunk:

2themax

Just like you, I've been getting some very tender spots on my scalp, but also my hair is growing longer. This usually happens when my hair tends to grow faster than normal. I'm also taking MSM, Biotin, Gueye Hair Vitamins and some topical growth aids! I'm almost at BSL. Will try to get some pics out.

CurlyMoo

Yes, I had some tenderness espeically at the nape but it had more to do with the MT being put on a spot that was tender from having the heat to high during my deep conditioning. If I keep the MT on my head to long it will get irriated and sensitive. So I don't leave it in very long now.

brittanynic16

My scalp only gets tender when I have build up on my scalp. I've noticed that this increases when I use growth aids. At first I thought it was because my hair was growing faster but it turned out to be build up.

Chameleonchick

You know my scalp is feeling a little tender this is my third day on MT so, I'm not sure if its from that or the twists I put in. One thing is I don't ever twist my hair tight, and the day I put these in my scalp was fine. So I don't know. If it is growing I sure am ready!