***The Secret to The African American Girls Long Hair***

Irresistible

Well you all have upset some folks:

This after I complimented her and also suggested that different things worked for different people....

Listen, I think that "girl" in the picture is her. She is just little.

That wasnt her response under her screen name it came from another name, all she responded to you was' thank you'

Xavier

Just saw this thread and I just wanted to say I hope my hair can reach her length one of these days.

I can't resist...

The photos of the little girl do not look digital at all to me, they look scanned.

I guess it would have been more believeable if she just spoke on camera and actually videotaped herself.:ohwell:

Neith

Just saw this thread and I just wanted to say I hope my hair can reach her length one of these days.

I can't resist...

The photos of the little girl do not look digital at all to me, they look scanned.

I guess it would have been more believeable if she just spoke on camera and actually videotaped herself.:ohwell:

No, the one baby pic looks digital to me. The rest do look scanned. I don't think that the baby pic is the woman.

That's true. I would have liked to see the actual people/person in addition to pics :yep:

winterinatl

All natural!
:lachen::lachen:...I saw that comment...it made me chuckle

I do think we tend to hate on folks' youtube videos in general (Unless it's someone most people know and posts regularly on LHCF...)....we pick it apart from top to bottom, video second by video second critiquing and adding critical comments- analyzing it like that's our jobs... :ohwell:

she was just sharing what works for her (try'na help some sista's out...) and even if the fact is she has managed to maintain her length from when she was a child, she must be doing something right for her hair...it ain't breakin' off...she's sitting on it (thick and full all the way to the ends)...how many folks on here can say that?:nono:

I think her hair is beautiful :yep:
This is my point as well. Even if it started off long, it is still subject to the many errors we can make with our hair. It is a great achievement to keep that health up! You see my hair in my avi? By age 14 it was nearly all GONE. I'm talking fried up and chin length mess.

Genes don't count for everything.

ETA: Even if the pics are not of her, and she is perpin' someone (a child's) else's hair, she is STILL probably using the same no perm and Vaseline Grease Down method, and it obviously worked for them. So really, who cares if it is actually her? Someone got long hair with the Vaseline....that's pretty interesting in my book. Now if she comes back to sell her new and improved "Growing Vaseline" well then we have an issue, lol :lol:

Last edited:

NappFrizz83

All i want to know is who is the child with the maxi glide? she sounds like an older woman to me so were maxiglides around in the 70s and 80s. Plus the quality of that pic doesn't match
its not her hair its her daughter's on the page it say 22 years old and the pics look like their from the 90's so im guessing the mom is narrating her voice is clearly 30+...lol gosh yall are so technical

br0wney3z

its not her hair its her daughter's on the page it say 22 years old and the pics look like their from the 90's so im guessing the mom is narrating her voice is clearly 30+...lol gosh yall are so technical

I mean it doesn't matter whose hair it is, its still beautiful. I was just confused about the pics.

metalkitty

Regardless of the voice in the video, I buy the method she uses. I mean before I relaxed my hair when I was 17 my regimen was pretty much wash biweekly or so then press, upkeep was just to scratch my scalp gently with a comb and grease several times a week. Back then my hair was always around midback length to brastrap length and really healthy. It worked for me for some reason though things snowballed after I relaxed and bleached without knowing what I was doing :perplexed....

CurlyMoo

She has beautiful hair, but that wasn't a secret. She posted pics from birth and obvious that her mom or caretaker took care of her hair also. She managed to manage her hair all of those years. Good tips, but nothing that hasn't been discussed on this board.

I don't think she knew about this board until someone else mentioned it on her page. Also we here are in the know. There are A LOT of women who do not know at all. I love her videos and I think she is actually helping. A year ago, hell only a few months ago you would not see video like this with black women in it.

CurlyMoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoweavesfome
OMG this is heee-larious!!!
but seriously tho- that ain't no daggone secret!!! That chile always had long beautiful hair - she just freakin kept it.
And don't get me started on the contradictory I don't use heat but I maxiglide and press. And vaseline? ok.

That's what I am saying...
That's what I am saying...
VASELINE is the thing that kilt it for me....

But it works for her though. My sister had a similar experience. I would not use it but so be it.

CurlyMoo

Actually I can see the validity in that. Recently I have started to brush my hair before prepoo. I do it in small sections, takes an hour but worth it. My hair shaft is smoother and my ends are heavenly. Also it seems that having moisturized hair before you do this is a must. brittle hair will break off.

Thanks for sharing this, good advice. Because I do not brush and I have been thinking about it.

DeepBluSea

Ok this is the narrator's comments:

See above saff comment first.I am the narrator in both videos. Video#1 is of my daughter at the age of 12 and video #2 are scanned photos with the exception of one photo, that is of the one with my son and daughter in the peach and black. That came from a digital camera. I only began pressing my daughter's hair approx. 2 years ago using the maxi glide. As a whole we really need to stop bashing or being so negative towards one another, so that we can move forward in life.PEACE!!!!!

Hopefully this will put everything to rest. I'm still confused though because someone said the daughter was 22, but some of the responders are implying that the daughter is a teen. I doubt that lady is going to pay to join.

Last edited:

jamaraa

The mother and the daughter use the same YT account and username...that accounts for the different "voices" both on the video and in the comments, but the vid is supposed to show the DAUGHTER'S hair. Her hair is certainly real....unless people are suddenly buying 30+ in of African textured hair these days for weaves!

BTW, ummm...Monostat for hair...on you head? What's THAT for?!

CurlyMoo

It looked like a braid out to me, that does *not* look like naturally occuring type 2 hair. I love her hair though the pic with her and the maxi glide may be her daughter, and the other pics may be her growing up? Or maybe they both have long hair? I don't see any reason not to believe it anyway because its not like shes trying to sell us anything lol. Nice inspiration... can you imagine a world where that was the norm and those lengths were easily reached by black women... oh the dreaming.

I completely agree. I think this way also. Can you imagine that world. I think it's more possible now than ever that in the next 10 years it will be the norm. Due to the fact that there is so much information getting out. I love the fact that she made this video, just 6 months ago it was rare to see Black women with very long hair willing to post their pictures or videos on the web. I think the popularity of websites like YouTube is going to be the catalysist (sp). We really need to get the word out about LHCF. I think it will help a lot of people. :yep:

CurlyMoo

Beautiful hair, but not too sure about her methods, plus, she had long hair from she was a child, I would be more convinced if she had grown it later on in life. Good luck to her....

I think she just wanted to show you what has worked for her. Wheither it was from child hood or not. I would think she'd be an authority on growing hair long issue. Looks like someone knew what they were doing. :yep: I think anyone can get the same results regarless of what kind of oil as long as it is not used in excess.

CurlyMoo

Idk about vaseline... and washing the hair twice.... that's too drying for me!!:perplexed

She's trying to get that vaso out! Also, I think it depends on what kind of shampoo you use. Could be a gentle shampoo. As long as the hair and scalp is kept clean and moisturized then it's seems ok. Plus I would think that vaso would trap moisture in.

CurlyMoo

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but I don't think that was the woman who was speaking's hair. It was probably her daughter's hair or something. Another thing is that the person didn't do anything special with their hair. I think what mostly helped them is not washing/stripping their hair frequently, not heat styling too much, and overall good genes. I'm happy that the person has achieved their hair goals, but personally I think we give much better advice on this forum :yep:.

I like her advice, it's very simple. I think we and she would make a great team. :yep:

CurlyMoo

Hold on, now I see it. The picture of the little girl was her when she was a little girl. She's probably always had long hair. She's just not showing her face as an adult. If you look at the first video when she's flinging her hair back you can see that she definitely has hips and is an adult. The only clips of a child are in photo form, not in video form so those are probably childhood photos.

Sounds like she is using a regimen that has been used on her since childhood.

CurlyMoo

Why am I back in this thread??? Perhaps it's the most interesting thing that popped up in new posts...

Anyway, her regimen would work for my eldest daughter because her hair is going to be long regardless. Vaseline's (petroleum jelly) is still the favored base in a bunch of stuff. I won't be applying Vaseline to my hair, but something about it fascinates me. Perhaps I just like melted stuff....cheese and fudge and what not.

I'd be soooo reluctant to create any videos about anything due to the scrutiny that follows. Unless she's got stock in Vaseline, Nexxus, or Maxiglide, there doesn't seem to be any agenda. She's got a simple regimen and whether that includes melted vasie or not, it works for her. Proof is in the pudding. :)

p1

She melts the vaso to make it an oil which would make it similar to what we use, castor oil, almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. It's the same thing just different materials. So you can give your daughter what you use and have the same results.

missnappylady

Right . . . this is what I was thinking. The first video you can tell it is a woman.

I dunno. I think it's 2 different people. Her profile says she's 22 and the girl holding the maxiglide is like 10 or something. How long has maxiglide been around? Anyway, they have nice hair.

Last edited:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Wow, I liked her videos :sad: YouTube can be a beast!!! That's why when I do start creating vblogs I'll be hosting it on my own website.

CurlyMoo

Wow, I liked her videos :sad: YouTube can be a beast!!! That's why when I do start creating vblogs I'll be hosting it on my own website.

Good idea. Youtube has a wonderful thing called the BLOCK option. I have had to block several youtubers and I haven't had any problems.

lasirene

What is her secret? I tried to view the link but they took the video down so i did a search on You tube and the was a different video with the same name but she was asking people to send a comment with email addres and she would send you her "secret". I tired to leave a comments but comments are now being blocked! Can anyone tell what her secret regimine is? How does she use the Vaseline?

LongCurlyLocks

Awww man!!! You mean I can't see them anymore???!!! Her hair was an inspiration!!! Everytime I get fustrated I think of her long braid (aside some of you all here too). Dang, oh well...Just gotta work off the memories now.

jamaraa

What is her secret? I tried to view the link but they took the video down so i did a search on You tube and the was a different video with the same name but she was asking people to send a comment with email addres and she would send you her "secret". I tired to leave a comments but comments are now being blocked! Can anyone tell what her secret regimine is? How does she use the Vaseline?

Unfortunately, she removed everything BEFORE she told "the secret" and it's specifics, but it's pretty obvious, IMHO. The "secret" is she (the mother) takes care of the kid's hair and does little or nothing to it. Basically it's an old fashioned old school regime. Since we never saw the mother's pics, we have no idea of how much genetics was responsible, but pics of the kid shows she always had long hair. One major point is that it was styled VERY simply and almost never worn loose...ONLY plaits or loose/large twists, never braids, cornrows, micros, etc.. in the last vid she showed the kid w/ huge bantu knots. She didn't say for what purpose, but I suspect that was a means to air dry the kid's hair into some straightness. I don't think she wore it as a style.

The products she said she used was Nexxus Humectress shampoo and conditoner, vaseline, and the Maxiglide...just going by memory.

Sadly, they left before they got into specifics like daily care and grooming...how, when, how often, etc...there was far more to it than was posted, but we can only guess what.

As for the Vaseline, well...she said she melted it. I figure she took some out and did it in the microwave. The reason would be to control the amount used. If the stuff is liquefied, you'll use less, methinks. IOW, she used a traditional "grease" like people use oils such as coconut or jojoba.

Sorry you missed the vids, but there was really not much info there that was useful in terms of a regime. I doubt she'll answer any emails coming from YT anymore. The big problem w/ those vids is that they lacked alot of actual and useful info.

Last edited: