***The Secret to The African American Girls Long Hair***

Leeda.the.Paladin

It WAS interesting and dang she's got some long hair, but oiling scalp with vaseline? And brush the hair for 15-20 minutes? I'm not sure I could get a brush through my hair without a lot of pain. :ohwell:

Opalsunset

Intresting...Whats even more interesting is her OTHER videos...I wasn't expecting all of the..video game videos :lachen:

ThatJerseyGirl

She has beautiful hair, but that wasn't a secret. She posted pics from birth and obvious that her mom or caretaker took care of her hair also. She managed to manage her hair all of those years. Good tips, but nothing that hasn't been discussed on this board.

~~HoneyComb~~

She has beautiful hair, but that wasn't a secret. She posted pics from birth and obvious that her mom or caretaker took care of her hair also. She managed to manage her hair all of those years. Good tips, but nothing that hasn't been discussed on this board.[/quote]

Very true, it's good to see others practicing these methods for long and healthy hair:yep:.

choconillaprincess

Intresting...Whats even more interesting is her OTHER videos...I wasn't expecting all of the..video game videos :lachen:

I was thinking the same thing lol!:lachen:

i think her hair is beautiful and her reggie was pretty simple... but i like to see people who've made progress ... looks like her hair has been long all her life i'd like to know if she could bring it back to the beautiful stage its at now after a hair mishap

Duchesse

I think it's the girl's momma who is narrating. That voice is from a 35+ plus throat, and there is no way the person in the pictures is that old.

But her hair is very gorgeous! Though my head would be a mess if I used Vaseline on my scalp...I can't even put that stuff on my kneecaps.

Sanndy

I think it's the girl's momma who is narrating. That voice is from a 35+ plus throat, and there is no way the person in the pictures is that old.

But her hair is very gorgeous! Though my head would be a mess if I used Vaseline on my scalp...I can't even put that stuff on my kneecaps.
Exactly:lachen:

P

patient1

Don't get me wrong - I think that little girl's hair is hers, but - the voice and the pics..... That seems suspect.
:sad:

I believe the woman showed pictures of herself over the years. Starts with a baby pic and then moves up chronologically. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

p1

P

patient1

You're probably right. In the first video that looked like a grown woman from the back. :)

p1

nomoweavesfome

I hate when people get on camera talking and smack their lips everytime they stop to breathe...:look:

OMG this is heee-larious!!!
but seriously tho- that ain't no daggone secret!!! That chile always had long beautiful hair - she just freakin kept it.
And don't get me started on the contradictory I don't use heat but I maxiglide and press. And vaseline? ok.

Lucky's Mom

OMG this is heee-larious!!!
but seriously tho- that ain't no daggone secret!!! That chile always had long beautiful hair - she just freakin kept it.
And don't get me started on the contradictory I don't use heat but I maxiglide and press. And vaseline? ok.

That's what I am saying...
VASELINE is the thing that kilt it for me....

Opalsunset

I believe the woman showed pictures of herself over the years. Starts with a baby pic and then moves up chronologically. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

p1

That is what I thought also, whoever it is, their hair is very nice but at the same time I was just confused with who it was exactly, because those pictures looked very close to when I was younger (Im 19 now) The only thing I can think of is that the pictures of the girl is her daughter, and she is also showing herself now in the beginning of that first video, pretty much saying they both have long hair? I could be wrong...

CenteredGirl

It WAS interesting and dang she's got some long hair, but oiling scalp with vaseline? And brush the hair for 15-20 minutes? I'm not sure I could get a brush through my hair without a lot of pain. :ohwell:

Actually I can see the validity in that. Recently I have started to brush my hair before prepoo. I do it in small sections, takes an hour but worth it. My hair shaft is smoother and my ends are heavenly. Also it seems that having moisturized hair before you do this is a must. brittle hair will break off.

P

patient1

Actually I can see the validity in that. Recently I have started to brush my hair before prepoo. I do it in small sections, takes an hour but worth it. My hair shaft is smoother and my ends are heavenly. Also it seems that having moisturized hair before you do this is a must. brittle hair will break off.

Scritching came to mind when she said that. Made me want to take my braids out and get to it.

p1

Energist

WOW, well ok, I'm finding weird things online about vaseline on the scalp and for lashes even...

"You Vaseline your scalp at night, wrap it up in a plastic bag and it grows back better than ever." -http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2002/aug/24/features.weekend

"To create shine, women rubbed Vaseline into their scalps and brushed it through their hair." -http://www.longhairlovers.com/remedies.html

"How to make eyelashes grow. There is everything from Vaseline to "lash accelerators", but no matter which you choose, all are safe and easy to use." -http://www.ehow.com/how_2293041_make-eyelashes-grow.html

"I agree that everything you needed to know to accumulate long hair, Wanakee told you for FREE. She sent out that hair care brochure at no cost and the info in that is a big part of the reason I have long hair today. I tried the products once and got bored, however I kept the protective styling and moisture in my routine.

BUT people don't want to believe it's that simple. So I'm with those who want to do before and after pics and sell glorified Vaseline for $40.
"-http://www.nappturality.com/lofiversion/index.php/t75872.html

"5. (Q) Please give me a treatment for bald heads.
(A) There has never been a better (system) than the crude oil (Product #9670) treatment. This would be given about two or three times each month, followed with a cleansing with a solution of grain alcohol (Product #9671) and then massaging white vaseline (Product #9111) into the scalp in such a manner as to leave the whole surface of the scalp not too greasy, but as sufficient into the scalp to produce the better application of whatever may be used. But this will grow hair on MOST bald heads, unless - as we have indicated - it is of the germ nature that has destroyed the bulbs that GROW hair
." -http://www.cayce.com/636cayce.htm

BOTTOM LINE... I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING TO THIS USE OF VASELINE:scratchch I may experiment in my kitchen area.

Last edited:

plastic

not to bring in the good hair bad hair thing ... but 100% African American .. and that child has 2 something type hair ? please. Show me a child with 4b WSL hair ... im not saying it isnt possible ... but God i thought I was looking at a video that would make me go WOW... it made me go Waste Of My Time

Lucky's Mom

Well, I guess we will never really know.
I grew up with girls in School with Super long ponytails and such....They were not "mixed" they were just who they were....

We all know that descendants of African nations can have ANY texture of hair and we have variations on our own heads.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
not to bring in the good hair bad hair thing ... but 100% African American .. and that child has 2 something type hair ? please. Show me a child with 4b WSL hair ... im not saying it isnt possible ... but God i thought I was looking at a video that would make me go WOW... it made me go Waste Of My Time

i aint gonna lie. i was thinking the same thing.

Neith

It's totally possible.... although it looked a little weavish in the vid with the grown woman. Could just be me.

Anyway, her regimen is simple. She doesn't use anything harmful. Vaseline on it's own isn't harmful... it's just when you let it BUILD UP.

She doesn't use a lot of vaseline. She uses heat only 3 times a year. She uses wide toothed combs, she deep conditions. Her hair also isn't very kinky. I'd say 3b, so it may be a little less coarse than than someone with type 4 hair.

It may not be a regimen you see here, but I can definitely see it working for some people.