The response is in........ (from Pantene)

BronxDiva

Your Question - 03/10/2003 09:56 AM
Hi,

I just recently purchased your Relaxed and Natural line and I wanted to know the difference between it and your original line. The one major difference I see is that you've added jojoba and coconut oil but all of the other ingredients are exactly the same as your original line.

Question Reference #030310-000194
---------------------------------------------------------------
Product: Pantene
Category: What's in it?/Ingredients

Response (Angie) - 03/13/2003 11:29 AM
Hi BronxDiva.

You may see some similar ingredients in both versions but we've formulated Relaxed and Natural to have intensive conditioning and essential oils to work best for woman of color. This high level of conditioning can help make your hair more managable and promote shine.

I hope you'll enjoy using our new Relaxed and Natural line.

Angie
USA Pantene Team

Allandra

Thanks for posting the reply you received from Pantene. I'm still in love with Pantene's Smooth & Sleek conditioner. I've seen their new line for women of color in a few stores near me. I see no reason for me to switch for such a minor change. Afterall, I can add jojoba oil and coconut oil to my Smooth & Sleek conditioner any time. It sounds like the added oils is what makes it 'intensive'. It sounds like it would work well with heat.

pebbles

Hi BronxDiva, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Thanks for the information. Have you tried the new shampoo? /images/graemlins/look.gif

BronxDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
Thanks for posting the reply you received from Pantene. I'm still in love with Pantene's Smooth &amp; Sleek conditioner. I've seen their new line for women of color in a few stores near me. I see no reason for me to switch for such a minor change. Afterall, I can add jojoba oil and coconut oil to my Smooth &amp; Sleek conditioner any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Pebbles/images/graemlins/wave.gif I have only tried the conditioner and setting lotion (which is really a detangler). I didnt like the conditioner it went on like grease /images/graemlins/mad.gif and the setting lotion is okay it's the detangler with jojoba and coconut oil.

pebbles

Oh well, I guess I'll pass on these products. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif
Thanks for the information girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

BronxDiva said:
I didnt like the conditioner it went on like grease

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! I wonder how much jojoba oil and coconut oil they put in there. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ValleyGirl mentioned that it worked much like the Smooth &amp; Sleek conditioner.

BronxDiva

I think there is a big difference in this line and their original line. For me the conditioner weighed my hair down. I think there are some ingredients in there that are not posted also I noticed that they have petrolium in their leave in conditioner and mineral oil in another one of their products which doesnt do well on my hair /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tracy

it would make me so happy if these products did not sell well. The regular line (my beloved DMR) works wonderfully on my hair and many others. I understand them trying to target a given market, but it always makes me mad when they target our market with inferior ingredients and formulas the quality and effectiveness of which are no where close to what you get if you just used the regular stuff. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'll be sticking with my good old DMR.

Tracy

Oh - and thanks for asking the Bronxdiva - your research is much appreciated even if they are full of it! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BronxDiva

No problem ladies /images/graemlins/smile.gif Any information that I can contribute I will. That is one thing that I am grateful of this board is to check the ingredients on products. You should have seen me up in Ricky's like "Oh no this has mineral, petrolium or sodium laurel sulfate in it! No thanks!" Oh and by the way Tracy thanks for the heads up on the Lanza line /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love it /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Tracy

You are sooo welcome Bronxdiva - Armyqt loved it too! YAY! But I can't take credit on that one - that's BRH's find and we are all indebted to her for it's discovery! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I like the Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner and was running low so I bought some. They just tossed in two extra ingredients... Check this out:

Daily Moisture Renewal Ingredients:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Smooth &amp; Sleek Ingredients:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Hydrating Curls Ingredients:

Relaxed &amp; Natural Ingredients:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

The Constant Care and the Color Revival have different ingredients than the ones above, but the same ingredients as each other...

Pantene could make two conditioners and call it a day. Do they think no one reads labels these days?

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
Pantene could make two conditioners and call it a day. Do they think no one reads labels these days?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow Sassy. Thanks for posting that information. You are SO right about making two conditioners. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ngaa

am i the only one who noticed the difference in the tone of her 'voice' compared to the one from motions?? jus makin a discovery /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

ngaa
by the way thatnk bronxdiva for postin the reply /images/graemlins/wink.gif what wud we do without u?

what? what? what's this I hear? Bronxdiva and Armyqt, are you both using lanza and liking it too /images/graemlins/drunk.gif? Now its stuff like this that makes me very happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt

brownrelaxedhair said:
what? what? what's this I hear? Bronxdiva and Armyqt, are you both using lanza and liking it too /images/graemlins/drunk.gif? Now its stuff like this that makes me very happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, YES, that's right BRH. I am loving the Lanza alot. I never had the privelege of using the SLS free version, so I can't compare, but I really like this one. It makes my hair feel really strong and not stripped. Besides the SLS, they have some great ingredients. I usually follow with an ACV rinse. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

brownrelaxedhair said:

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, YES, that's right BRH. I am loving the Lanza alot. I never had the privelege of using the SLS free version, so I can't compare, but I really like this one. It makes my hair feel really strong and not stripped. Besides the SLS, they have some great ingredients. I usually follow with an ACV rinse. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for recommending this shampoo to the board /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

You are most welcome Armyqt, I am very happy at how well its worked for others here and it is interesting that your sls version is still producing as good results as the old formula.

Did you ever try their clarifying shampoo? the Deep Cleansing? its vondervar /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

am i the only one who noticed the difference in the tone of her 'voice' compared to the one from motions?? jus makin a discovery

[/ QUOTE ]

ngaa,

You aren't the only one that noticed the difference between them and Motions. This is how a professional company is supposed to respond to customers. Too bad Motions hasn't got a clue... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

BronxDiva

I love the lanza line Thanks BRH /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I tried the straight line last night and wow what a difference I cant even see the difference in my new growth. I went to Ricky's yesterday and stocked up on some more shampoos /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I do have a question though have you ever tried the small bottles of treatments and if so how did you use them? Thanks in advance:)

gvsugirl

THe similarities arent only in the conditioners...it seems as if its in some of these new sprays theyre putting out