Pantene put their FOOT in the R&N Breakage Defense Conditioner

so1913

This is one of the best and most effective conditioners I've put in my hair in a looooong time. This stuff is rich, detangles, makes my hair SOFT and smells soooo good, much better than the other Pantene conditioners. You can not judge this conditioner based on your experience with other Pantene conditoners (except the conditioners in the restoritives line which are close in effectiveness). I'm not a fan overall of the Pantene products including the original R&N stuff when it first came out, but this Breakage Defense Conditioner...I think they did a decent job for a drugstore product :)

I do try to stay away from harsh ingredients, but I'm not a ingredient nazi, been there done that lol. These days, I just go with what "feels" right (with a few exceptions). This product does contain Dimethicone for those avoiding that ingredient. I've been using this for about a month about 3 times a week with no problems and good results each time. If anyone looking for a good drugstore conditioner that they can easily place there hands on, I personally would suggest this.

I am not experiencing breakage, so I cannot speak to the effectiveness on hair that is experiencing such, but for under $5, it won't break your pockets to try. But I don't believe in miracle products...no product alone with stop breakage or correct damage. That comes with consistent good hair practices, time and patience.

jada1111

Wasn't this in a jar?

If it's the same one, then I agree with you. The only problem is that you can't find it on the shelves anymore. Is this their new packaging for it?

so1913

Wasn't this in a jar?

If it's the same one, then I agree with you. The only problem is that you can't find it on the shelves anymore. Is this their new packaging for it?

I believe it was the "mask" that was in the jar. I missed the boat on that one and from what I see it's been discontinued. This "conditioner" is readily available though (I get mine from Target). I didn't get a chance to try the mask, so I'm not sure how much it differs from the mask in the jar...it very well may be the same or close to it!

A whole bunch of the Pantene conditioners were on sale at Target the other week for $3.33 so I grabbed a few, they had plenty on the shelves.

Toy

I'm sorry i did not get mine from the store i bought like 4 from a member here and i use it very sparingly because i cant find them in the store.

aurora3140

I used to use the R&N Breakage Defense shampoo and conditioners in college and I loved them! Even after just using the shampoo, my hair felt so soft.

Then, the PJ in me took over. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm out of the country and I wish I could get my hands on this line.

NIN4eva

I thought Pantene stopped making R&N. I haven't seen it on the shelves in years.
And it's out of stock at all of my online resources. The same with original cream of
nature shampoo.

so1913

I thought Pantene stopped making R&N. I haven't seen it on the shelves in years.
And it's out of stock at all of my online resources. The same with original cream of
nature shampoo.

Hmm...the shelves looked pretty full at my Target...even when I went back days later it had looked like they restocked the shelves with more product...I haven't really looked into the availablity at any other stores though.

jada1111

I still see the mask at Wal-Mart and Target. But it didn't work for me so no worries on my part.

The closest Walmart is on Crenshaw and it's too far for me to get to, but the last time I was in Target (a couple of months ago) I didn't see the mask. I'll check again sometime this week.

soulfusion

lol @ you talkin' bout Pantene "putting their foot in it" like they made a good peach cobbler or something. I'm good right now, but I'll have to file this one away in case I break up with Joico and Matrix.