The Power of a Praying Wife Challenge

caligirl2385

i'm in. i finally got the book again (i lost the first one). looking forward to some positive changes in all of our marriages.

LIKI51

Sorry ladies, I have not been posting lately because I am still reading about Spiritual Warfare. If anyone has a particular prayer for your DH please post. Also, there is a 30 challenge for spouses also on the Chr. Fellowship Forum. Lets overwhelm God with prayers to get real results.

LIKI51

Hi Ladies, I am posting to give a testimony...my husband did the laundry! We have been together 2 yrs and he has done it twice. I know that might not be something for you but he seldom helps with the chores.

I will keep praying

LIKI51

Prayer for today…His trials (chapter 13)

Holy Spirit, move into our circumstances and transform them!

Lord, You alone know the depth of the burden my husband carries. I may understand the specifics, but You have measured the weight of it on his shoulders. I’ve not come to minimize what You are doing in his life, for I know You work great things in the midst of trials. Nor am I trying to protect him from what he must face. I only want to support him so that he will get through this battle as a winner.

God, You are our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). You have invited us to “come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). I come before Your throne and ask for grace for my husband. Strengthen his heart for this battle and give him patience to wait on You (Psalm 27:1-4). Build him up so that no matter what happens he will be able to stand strong through it. Help him to be always “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer” (Romans 12:12). Give him endurance to run the race and not give up, for You have said that “a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again” (Proverbs 24:16). Help him to remember that “the steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and he delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with his hand” (Psalm 37:23-24).

I pray he will look to You to be his “refuge until these calamities have passed by” (Psalm 57:1). May he learn to wait on You because “those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint’ (Isaiah 40:31). I pray that he will find his strength in You and as he cries out to You, You will hear him and save him out of all his troubles (Psalm 34:6).

AMEN

LIKI51

The spirit of Anger comes in from hurt, insecurites, fear and hopelessness.

Alot of us have DH that lash out because of their hurt and fear. I proclaim a breakfast fast for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. To fast and pray against this spirit of anger, Agression and offence.

Forgive them.

Pray that they may see and combat it in themselves. Bind it in the Authority of Christ and send it away. Pray to close the doors that allowed these spirits a right to enter and reside and operate in their lives. Pray that their eyes may be opened. Pray that the strongholds may be broken.

LIKI51

Pray to the Deliverer to set him free from anything that binds him…

Prayer for today…His Deliverance

Lord, You have said to call upon You in the day of trouble and You will deliver us (Psalm 50:15). I call upon you now and ask that You would work deliverance in my husband’s life. Deliver him from anything that binds him. Set him free from (name a specific thing). Deliver him quickly and be a rock of refuge and a fortress of defense to save him (Psalm 31:2). Lift him away from the hands of the enemy (Psalm 31:15).

Bring him to a place of understanding where he can recognize the work of evil and cry out to You for help. If the deliverance he prays for isn’t immediate, keep him from discouragement and help him to be confident that You have begun a good work in him and will complete it (Philippians 1:6). Give him the certainty that even in his most hopeless state, when he finds it impossible to change anything, You, Lord can change everything.

Help him understand that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12). I pray that he will be strong in the Lord and put on the whole armor of God, so he can stand against the wiles of the devil in the evil day. Help him to gird his waist with truth and put on the breastplate of righteousness, having shod his feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Enable him to take up the shield of faith, with which to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. I pray that he will take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful and standing strong to the end (Ephesians 6:13-18).

LIKI51

Prayer for today…His Attitude

Lord, fill (husband’s name) with your love and peace today. May there be a calmness, serenity, and sense of well-being established in him because his life is God-controlled, rather than flesh-controlled. Enable him to walk in his house with a clean and perfect heart before You (Psalm 101:2). Shine the light of Your Spirit upon him and fill him with Your love.

I pray that he will be kind and patient, not selfish or easily provoked. Enable him to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things (1 Corinthians 13:7). Release him from anger, unrest, anxiety, concerns, inner turmoil, strife and pressure. May he not be broken in spirit because of sorrow (Proverbs 15:13), but enjoy the continual feast of a merry heart (Proverbs 15:15). Give him a spirit of joy and keep him from growing into a grumpy old man. Help him to be anxious for nothing, but give thanks in all things so he can know the peace that passes all understanding. May he come to the point of saying, “I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content” (Philippians 4:11). I say to (husband’s name) this day, “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace” (Numbers 6:24-26).

hopeful

Hi LIKI51, I ordered my book from Amazon and received it yesterday. I have never in my life seen so many blessings pour out so quickly after reading just a few pages of a book. Every woman needs to read it. When a woman truly becomes the heart and the husband the head of the family it is such a beautiful thing. My husband fasted this week, Monday-Wednesday, and prayed for an issue or pastor asked to be prayed on, and he also prayed for our marriage and our family. So I give my sweet husband the credit for making it easier for me to be open to the messages in this book. The book is truly a blessing!

LIKI51

Hi LIKI51, I ordered my book from Amazon and received it yesterday. I have never in my life seen so many blessings pour out so quickly after reading just a few pages of a book. Every woman needs to read it. When a woman truly becomes the heart and the husband the head of the family it is such a beautiful thing. My husband fasted this week, Monday-Wednesday, and prayed for an issue or pastor asked to be prayed on, and he also prayed for our marriage and our family. So I give my sweet husband the credit for making it easier for me to be open to the messages in this book. The book is truly a blessing!

AMEN...what a GREAT TESTIMONY...this really encourages all of us to stick with it.

My DH and I argued last week and we are not speaking. I ask for your prayers but please know I am reciting every prayer here that I posted and MORE to get in God's face.

paradise1975

Thank you for your testimony hopeful.

LIKI51 I will keep you in my prayers.

I wanted to add that Stormie has another book the power of prayer to change your marriage and I have been praying those prayers in addition to the power of a praying wife prayers and I have been seeing great manifestations of my prayers as well.

hopeful

AMEN...what a GREAT TESTIMONY...this really encourages all of us to stick with it.

My DH and I argued last week and we are not speaking. I ask for your prayers but please know I am reciting every prayer here that I posted and MORE to get in God's face.

((((hugs))))
Keep reciting from the book: "I will not allow anything to destroy my marriage," and "Change me Lord." Fast if you think that will help. Do not let this weekend end without you two reconciling. Even if you say nothing, perhaps do something that will make the two of you feel better. Make a meal he loves, buy him his favorite candy, kiss the back of his neck. Remember you are not really fighting him. The two of you are fighting the enemy. Praying the two of you have a wonderful weekend together.

Last edited:

hopeful

Thank you for your testimony hopeful.

LIKI51 I will keep you in my prayers.

I wanted to add that Stormie has another book the power of prayer to change your marriage and I have been praying those prayers in addition to the power of a praying wife prayers and I have been seeing great manifestations of my prayers as well.

You're welcome Paradise! And thank you for the book recommendation, I am going to order it today :).

LIKI51

Really??? I going to look! Thank you for the prayers. Let this forum be a daily reminder that others are in your shoes. Lets stand together for each other.

LIKI51

((((hugs)))) Do not let this weekend end without you two reconciling. Remember you are not really fighting him. The two of you are fighting the enemy. Praying the two of you have a wonderful weekend together.

This is really an exercise in getting me out of my flesh cause I am really trying not to internalize this....

Thank you for the prayers!

God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. Hear our cry....
psalm 34:4...I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

psalm 34:17...The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

paradise1975

Here is a chapter from the book the Power of Prayer to Change your Marriage. The chapter is the first chapter " If Communication Breaks Down"

http://www.familychristian.com/chapters/58024.pdf

Here are the prayers from that chapter, I pray that this will be a blessing: (kinda long)

PR AYERS FOR MY MARRIAGE

Prayer for Protection

Lord, I invite Your presence to dwell in our marriage. I pray
that You would protect my husband (wife) and me from any kind of
breakdown of communication. Enable us to always share our thoughts
and feelings and refuse to be people who don’t talk. Teach us to trust
each other enough to share our deepest hopes, dreams, fears, and
struggles with one another. Help us to spend time communicating
with You every day so that our communication with each other will
always be good. Teach us how to openly express love for one another,
and keep us from any laziness or selfi shness that would cause us to
neglect to do that. Help us to refuse to speak words that tear down,
but only words that build up (Ephesians 4:29).

Deliver us from any temptation to lie to each other about anything
or deal falsely with one another (Leviticus 19:11). Help us to
be totally honest and open about everything. Teach us to speak with
truth, wisdom, instruction, and understanding. We don’t want to
be “always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the
truth” (2 Timothy 3:7).

Teach us to listen to one another and recognize the signs in each
other that give us greater understanding. Help us fi nd things we enjoy
doing together so that we will grow closer and not apart. Enable us to
be able to communicate love, appreciation, and honor to each other
at all times. Teach us to recognize the enemy’s plan to steal, rob,
and destroy our marriage. Enable us to understand his methods and
see his attempts to stir up strife and miscommunication between us.

Help us to take instant authority over any attack he brings against
us—especially in the area of communication. Help us to settle all
matters of disagreement between us in a loving, compromising, and
considerate manner. Enable us to always be in unity with You and
with each other. In Jesus’ name I pray.

Prayer for Breakthrough in Me

Lord, I invite Your presence to dwell in me and change me where
I need to be changed. Reveal any times where I have not said the right
words or communicated the right things to my husband (wife) and I
will confess it as sin, for I know I fall far short of Your glory (Romans
3:23). Teach me how to communicate openly and honestly so I will
speak excellent, right, and truthful words (Proverbs 8:6-9). I know

I cannot live in Your presence if I don’t speak the truth in my heart
(Psalm 15:1-3). Take away any deceit in my heart and any perversity
in my mind so that evil will be far from me (Proverbs 17:20).

I pray that Your love will be so much in my heart that it comes
out in everything I say. Give me the right words for every situation.
Help me to remember to show appreciation to my husband (wife)
for the good things he (she) does. Open my eyes if I am not seeing
all of them. Give me ears to really hear what my husband (wife) is
saying so that I can bear some of his (her) burdens by simply listening.

Make me quick to hear and slow to speak (James 1:19). Give me the
wisdom to have a good sense of timing.
Lord, You are greater than anything I face and stronger than all
that opposes me and our marriage. Thank You that You have given
me authority over the enemy. I pray I will always recognize his hand
in our lives so that I will not allow any of his evil intentions to disrupt
us. I pray that “my mouth shall speak wisdom, and the meditation
of my heart shall give understanding” (Psalm 49:3). I thank You in
advance for the answers to my prayers. In Jesus’ name I pray.

Prayer for Breakthrough in My Husband (Wife)

Lord, I thank You for my husband (wife) and pray that You
would open his (her) heart to all that You have for him (her) and
for our marriage together. Help him (her) to know You better, to
understand Your ways, and to see things from Your perspective. Help
him (her) to view the two of us the way You do. Make changes in
him (her) that need to be made so that nothing will hinder him (her)
from fulfilling the purpose and destiny You have for his (her) life and
our lives together.

Lord, fill my husband’s (wife’s) heart with Your love so that it
overflows in the words he (she) speaks. Help him (her) to understand
the consequences for any careless or hurtful words. Help us both to
be more discerning about what wounds the heart of the other. Speak
through us so that our words to each other will be Your words. Help
us to be instruments of Your peace and grace every time we speak to
each other. Convict my husband’s (wife’s) heart of times he (she) has
said words that have hurt me and did not glorify You. Enable him
(her) to speak words of life and not death, words that build up and
not tear down. Increase his (her) knowledge of Your ways so that he
(she) will refuse to speak negatively. Help him (her) to communicate
openly, and not allow a cold silence to exist between us.

Lord, help my husband (wife) to be honest about everything.
Convict his (her) heart about any lies he (she) has told me or anyone
else, and break down any thought in him (her) that lying is acceptable,
or that there are different versions of the truth. Strengthen him (her)
to resist the father of all lies and refuse to fall into any temptation to
lie (John 8:44). Help him (her) to stop all deceit (1 Peter 2:1). May he
(she) refuse to be snared by his (her) own words (Proverbs 6:2). May
there be no division between us, because we are of the same mind
and have the same good judgment (1 Corinthians 1:10). Where he
(she) has not communicated well in the past, help him (her) to do so
now. Thank You that You are our rock and our Redeemer, and You
can redeem all things (Psalm 78:35). In Jesus’ name I pray.

LIKI51

LIKI51, any updates? Are you and dh speaking? I pray you are.

We did not speak this weekend...but he was mighty affectionate this morning. But...He didn't say a word, not even goodbye as he left for work. I thank you for your prayers...he will come around. I am going to church tonight, gonna go to the alter and pray again.

GOD has done it, but it hasn't shown up in the physical yet.

LIKI51

You're welcome. I will continue to pray for you. I hope the silence ends very soon. Enjoy church tonight.

Hopeful,

When I got home from service last night I spoke to him and he responded, he even laughed about some stuff on tv. Things are not the same but I am hopeful. I expect great things thanks to the prayers in the book and the support of you ladies. I see this as a time of growth in my own spiritual life and in my marriage.

Thank you

LIKI

hopeful

(((hugs))) LIKI51. Dh and I were having some issues. I began to dwell on all of the good he brought to my life and acknowledged (privately to myself:)) the mean things I'd done and said to him. Instead of focussing on how he needed to change I focussed on my shortcomings (again privately to myself) and then when he was recently out of town I kept sending him very loving, heartfelt e-mails of appreciation, dwelling on all these things he'd done just for me. After a few days I could feel his heart melting. I had to finally accept that I am not the only one hurting and I am not the only one trying. Men hide their feelings very well but their feelings are there and they run really deep. What I am letting go of now is this idealistic dream I had of marriage, my expectations are way to high, no man can meet them:nono:. But the husband I have does plenty and he is just fine. God is seeing us through and leading us--day by day.

SvelteVelvet

This thread started out good. But I must remind you all that we as Christians make mistakes. Every marriage that is performed voicing vows to God was not ordained through God in Spirit before you and he were born. Satan has had it out for our relationships as man and woman and our relationship with God since the beginning and he's only gotten more slick with it through time. Satan loves to trick us into "Sleeping with the Enemy"

Be careful that you do not make your husband your IDOL..LIKI51 it seems this is what you have done. You really need to let go and let God. When you call yourself a Christian, that means Christ is in your heart FIRST before any and everybody. When you get married you have a servitude to your husband and it's not to recite vain prayers...Satan receives those. Effective servitude requires more spiritual and mental exercise to be an uplifting encouragement to him so that you and he both can grow higher in the Lord.

I'm really passionate about this because I see too many women get it all twisted and eventually come to this point of desperation where you are so focused on keeping A man, that your relationship with God suffers and when your relationship with God suffers, your relationship with yourself will suffer. Eventually you will lose THAT man if you keep going on this path. You've said enough prayers for him. Fast and pray for yourself so that you can find the woman you were that made THAT man want to marry you.

Remember that whatever happens is God's will and as long as you don't lose site of Him, you'll always be ok.

Good luck to everyone and their marriages.

SvelteVelvet

Oh and one last thing, I've never heard of or read that book, but I'd steer away from claiming that power as your own. That's a dangerous mistake, reclaim your focus from that idea. The power is God's and God's alone. He get's all the glory, honor, and praise for all the work he does in us and through us when we are obedient and present ourselves as living sacrifices to be led by the Holy Spirit and Christ Jesus always and forever, not just to get something we want in this life. God will allow whatever he needs for us to become convicted to serving Him.

hopeful

^^^You should probably read the book. The author gives all the glory to God. The prayers are meant to be selfless and not manipulative at all. Also this book is just one of her many books. This one focusses on the praying wife and others focus on different areas. I do agree with you that our husbands must not be our idols. And we should not worship marriage either. We should only worship God. But our husbands and our marriages do benefit from our prayer.

LIKI51

Effective servitude requires more spiritual and mental exercise to be an uplifting encouragement to him so that you and he both can grow higher in the Lord.

I'm really passionate about this because I see too many women get it all twisted and eventually come to this point of desperation where you are so focused on keeping A man, that your relationship with God suffers and when your relationship with God suffers, your relationship with yourself will suffer. Eventually you will lose THAT man if you keep going on this path. You've said enough prayers for him. Fast and pray for yourself so that you can find the woman you were that made THAT man want to marry you.

There are a lot of Christians here that don't know how to effectively serve our GOD. This is what we are learning. I got the book to find out how to pray for him. When I got saved it wasn't taught to me how to really pray. This thread is to share the prayers that I was praying.

LIKI51

Prayer for today…His Wife (Chapter One page 44)

Lord, Help me to be a good wife. I fully realize that I don’t have what it takes to be one without Your help. Take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long-suffering, and the willingness to bear all things. Take my old emotional habits, mindsets, automatic reactions, rude assumptions, and self-protective stance, and make me patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled. Take the hardness of my heart and break down the walls with Your battering ram of revelation. Give me a new heart and work in me Your love, peace, and joy (Galatians 5:22,23). I am not able to rise above who I am at this moment. Only You can transform me.

Show me where there is sin in my heart, especially with regard to my husband. I confess the times I’ve been unloving, critical, angry, resentful, disrespectful, or unforgiving toward him. Help me to put aside any hurt, anger, or disappointment I feel and forgive him the way You do—totally and completely, no looking back. Make me a tool of reconciliation, peace and healing in this marriage. Enable us to communicate well and rescue us from the threshold of separation where the realities of divorce begin.

Make me my husband’s helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to. Teach me how to take care of myself and stay attractive to him. Grow me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul and spirit. Make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say is his wife.

I lay all my expectations at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to You. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him. I realize that in some ways he may never change, but at the same time, I release him to change in ways I never thought he could. I leave any changing that needs to be done in Your hands, fully accepting that neither of us is perfect and never will be. Only You, Lord, are perfect and I look to You to perfect us.

Teach me how to pray for my husband make my prayers a true language of love. Where love has died, create new love between us. Show me what unconditional love really is and how to communicate it in a way he can clearly perceive. Bring unity between us so that we can be in agreement about everything (Amos 3:3). May the God of patience and comfort grant us to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus (Romans 15:5). Make us a team, not pursuing separate, competitive, or independent lives, but working together, overlooking each other’s faults and weaknesses for the greater good of the marriage. Help us to pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another (Romans 14:19). May we be “perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment” (1 Corinthians 1:10).

I pray that our commitment to You and to one another will grow stronger and more passionate every day. Enable him to be the head of the home as You made him to be, and show me how to support and respect him as he rises to that place of leadership. Help me to understand his dreams and see things from his perspective. Reveal to me what he wants and needs and show me potential problems before they arise. Breathe Your life into this marriage.

Make me a new person, Lord. Give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook, and a renewed relationship with the man You’ve given me. Help me see him with new eyes, new appreciation, new love, new compassion, and new acceptance. Give my husband a new wife, and let it be me.

In Jesus name we pray…AMEN