The Power of a Praying Wife Challenge

LIKI51

I am not sure how many members have read The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. But if you have, you can testify to the changes that occur in your DH. Let’s challenge ourselves to do the experiment she suggests on pages 31-32 in her book. (See below)

“If you feel you are able, try this little experiment and see what happens. Pray for your husband every day for a month using each one of the thirty areas of prayer focus I have included in this book. Pray a chapter a day. Ask God to pour out his blessings on him and fill you both with his love. See if you heart doesn’t soften toward him. Notice if his attitude toward you doesn’t change as well. Observe whether your relationship isn’t running more smoothly. If you have trouble making that kind of prayer commitment, think of it from the Lord’s perspective. Seeing your husband through God’s eyes—not just as your husband, but as God’s child, a son whom the Lord loves—can be a great revelation. If someone called and asked you to pray for his or her son, you would do it, wouldn’t you? Well, God is asking.”

Let’s challenge ourselves to do the above. Check in with which prayer you prayed and later on reveal what changes you noticed in his behavior and yours! This will inspire others to read the book and pray for their husbands as well.

God wants us to spread his love. Let’s perform his will for our husbands and families by standing in the gap for them in prayer.

LIKI51

Today’s prayer…

Prayer for His Mind

Lord, I pray for your protection on my husband’s mind. Shield him from the lies of the enemy. Help him to clearly discern between Your voice and any other, and show him how to take every thought captive as You have instructed us to do. May he thirst for Your Word and hunger for your truth so that he can recognize wrong thinking. Give him strength to resist lying thoughts. Remind him that he has the mind of Christ. Where the enemy’s lies have already invaded his thoughts, I push them back by inviting the power of the Holy Spirit to cleanse his mind. Lord, You have given me authority “over all the power of the enemy” (Luke 10:19). By that authority given to me in Jesus Christ, I command all lying spirits away from my husband’s mind. I proclaim that God has given (husband’s name) a sound mind. He will not entertain confusion, but live in clarity. He will not be tormented with impure, evil, negative, or sinful thoughts, but be transformed by the renewing of his mind, that he may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:2).

Enable him to “be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might” (Ephesians 6:10). Help him to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let his requests be made known to You; and may Your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard his heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6,7). And finally, whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, having virtue, or anything praiseworthy, let him think on these things (Philippians 4:8).

What an excellent challenge!

Yes, I would like to join.

Because I've been blessed with such an excellent husband, I want to be the best wife that I can be.

Last edited:

princesslocks

Hi Ladies!

Wonderful Challenge ! I'd like to join. I began last night with the prayer for His Wife. Lord knows I was very convicted when Stormie mentioned the Change Me prayer. :sad:

Renewed1

I agree shiny it is a great book. I'm not (wasn't) married at the time when I read it; but I said the prayers anyway.

I'm just now seeing this thread. How is everyone coming along with this?
I've had this book for a couple of years, but haven't read it all the way through yet.

LIKI51

Today’s prayer…

Prayer for His Future

Lord, I pray that you would give (husband’s name) a vision for his future. Help him to understand that Your plans for him are for good and not evil—to give him a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Fill him with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that he may have a walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You (Colossians 1:9,10). May he live with leading from the Holy Spirit and not walk in doubt and fear of what may happen. Help him to mature and grow in You daily, submitting to You all his dreams and desires, knowing that “the things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). Give him God-ordained goals and show him how to conduct himself in a way that always invests in his future.

I pray that he will be active in service for You all the days of his life. Keep him from losing his sense of purpose and fill him with hope for his future as an “anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast” (Hebrews 6:19). Give him “his heart’s desire” (Psalm 21:2) and “the heritage of those who fear Your name” (Psalm 61:5). Plant him firmly in Your house and keep him fresh and flourishing and bearing fruit into old age (Psalm 92:13,14). And when it comes time for him to leave this earth and go to be with You, may be have such a strong vision for his eternal future that it makes his transition smooth, painless, and accompanied by peace and joy. Until that day, I pray he will find the vision for his future in You.

LIKI51

I'm just now seeing this thread. How is everyone coming along with this?
I've had this book for a couple of years, but haven't read it all the way through yet.

Oh my goodness, the book is great but it also seeks to adjust how you react to things DH does. Action=reaction. What we say or don't say. A lot of times she mentions in the book to simply get out of God's way and let Him handle it by us praying.

Candy1978

Today’s prayer…

Prayer for His Future

Lord, I pray that you would give (husband’s name) a vision for his future. Help him to understand that Your plans for him are for good and not evil—to give him a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Fill him with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that he may have a walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You (Colossians 1:9,10). May he live with leading from the Holy Spirit and not walk in doubt and fear of what may happen. Help him to mature and grow in You daily, submitting to You all his dreams and desires, knowing that “the things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). Give him God-ordained goals and show him how to conduct himself in a way that always invests in his future.

I pray that he will be active in service for You all the days of his life. Keep him from losing his sense of purpose and fill him with hope for his future as an “anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast” (Hebrews 6:19). Give him “his heart’s desire” (Psalm 21:2) and “the heritage of those who fear Your name” (Psalm 61:5). Plant him firmly in Your house and keep him fresh and flourishing and bearing fruit into old age (Psalm 92:13,14). And when it comes time for him to leave this earth and go to be with You, may be have such a strong vision for his eternal future that it makes his transition smooth, painless, and accompanied by peace and joy. Until that day, I pray he will find the vision for his future in You.

I soooo needed to see this today!!!

LIKI51

Love must be demonstrated through actions and words. However, if you have spent months, or even years tearing down your mate with hurtful words, you must train yourself to speak affectionately toward him. Begin today by making a conscious decision to change.

In the name of Jesus, I will not let any corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth, but only that is which is good for edification. I am quick to listen and slow to speak. My words are acceptable to the Lord. I will put a guard on my mouth and keep the door of my lips shut from speaking anything ungodly. I will love my mate with affectionate words and genuine concern. I aim for and am eager to seek harmony in my marriage by building up my spouse. Amen!

honeycomb719

Love must be demonstrated through actions and words. However, if you have spent months, or even years tearing down your mate with hurtful words, you must train yourself to speak affectionately toward him. Begin today by making a conscious decision to change.

In the name of Jesus, I will not let any corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth, but only that is which is good for edification. I am quick to listen and slow to speak. My words are acceptable to the Lord. I will put a guard on my mouth and keep the door of my lips shut from speaking anything ungodly. I will love my mate with affectionate words and genuine concern. I aim for and am eager to seek harmony in my marriage by building up my spouse. Amen!

This thread and this quote above is RIGHT on time. I was just speaking with a friend latnite about this book. She is going to let me borrow it. Im up for this challenge. What exactly do we need to do when updating OP?

LIKI51

This thread and this quote above is RIGHT on time. I was just speaking with a friend latnite about this book. She is going to let me borrow it. Im up for this challenge. What exactly do we need to do when updating OP?

Just write in the prayer you prayed. Just think about what was right on time for you could be right on time for someone else!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi, LIKI51... I love this thread....I meant to post this earlier. :yep: Prov 18, a man who finds a wife has found a good thing and favor. Marriage is work but it's so worth it, and there are times WE NEED to pray for us both, so that the Love we profess for God and each other always WINS.

LIKI51

Hi, LIKI51... I love this thread....I meant to post this earlier. :yep: Prov 18, a man who finds a wife has found a good thing and favor. Marriage is work but it's so worth it, and there are times WE NEED to pray for us both, so that the Love we profess for God and each other always WINS.

This is what came to me when I read your response.

it is the prayers of the prayers of the wife that send the Spirit to empower the man to lead.

Maybe we are not sending the Spirit enough?

LIKI51

Prayer for today…Chapter 22

His Emotions

I pray father that (husband’s name) would stop being controlled by his emotions and instead be controlled by the Holy Spirit.

Lord, You have said in Your Word that You redeem our souls when we put our trust in You (Psalm 34:22). I pray that (husband’s name) would have faith in You to redeem his soul from negative emotions. May he never be controlled by depression, anger, anxiety, jealousy, hopelessness, fear, or suicidal thoughts. Specifically I pray about (area of concern). Deliver him from this and all other controlling emotions (Psalm 40:17). I know that only You can deliver and heal, but use me as Your instrument of restoration. Help me not to be able to understand and have words to say that will bring life.

Free him to share his deepest feelings with me and others who can help. Liberate him to cry when he needs to and not bottle his emotions inside. At the same time give him the gift of laughter and ability to find humor in even serious situations. Teach him to take his eyes off his circumstances and trust in You, regardless of how he is feeling. Give him patience to possess his soul and the ability to take charge of it (Luke 21:19). Anoint him with “the oil of joy” (Isaiah 61:3), refresh him with Your Spirit, and set him free from negative emotions this day.

LIKI51

Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict his heart, fill it with His love, peace and joy and teach him a new way to talk.

Prayer for today…page 171

His Talk

Lord, I pray Your Holy Spirit would guard my husband’s mouth so that he will speak only words that edify and bring life. Help him to not be a grumbler, complainer, a user of foul language, or one who destroys with his words, but be disciplined enough to keep his conversation godly. Your Word says a man who desires long life must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit (Psalm 34:12-13). Show him how to do that. Fill him with Your love so that out of the overflow of his heart will come words that build up and not tear down. Work that in my heart as well.

May Your Spirit of love reign in the words we speak so that we don’t miscommunicate or wound one another. Help us to show each other respect, speak words that encourage, share our feelings openly, and come to mutual agreements without strife. Lord, You’ve said in Your Word that when two agree, You are in their midst. I pray that the reverse be true as well—that You will be in our midst so that we two can agree. Let the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, our strength and our Redeemer (Psalm 19:14).

chicacanella

I'm not married yet, but I just heard The Holy Spirit affirm these prayers by saying, "It's going to work. Just keep on doing it."

I feel that if we don't see an immediate change, some might feel like giving up but God is saying, "No, stand in the gap through earnest and effective intercession.":yep:

LIKI51

I'm not married yet, but I just heard The Holy Spirit affirm these prayers by saying, "It's going to work. Just keep on doing it."

I feel that if we don't see an immediate change, some might feel like giving up but God is saying, "No, stand in the gap through earnest and effective intercession.":yep:

Sometimes we are not doing enough of the right thing. keep it up

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Maybe...and that's a very good question. I'd done a 30-day prayer stint for my DH before and I must say I saw more results and felt higher in spirit than on normal days..but I strive to pray for him every day..even if it's just a quick one. I want the best for him and that has to translate into my prayer life as well.

God bless!

This is what came to me when I read your response.

it is the prayers of the prayers of the wife that send the Spirit to empower the man to lead.

Maybe we are not sending the Spirit enough?

LIKI51

Pray for your husband to be convicted of his sin, to humbly confess it before God, then turn from his error and cease to do it.

Prayer for today…His Repentance page 175

Lord, I pray that You would convict my husband of any error in is life. Let there be “nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known” (Matthew 10:26). Cleanse him from any secret sins and teach him to be a person who is quick to confess when he is wrong (Psalm 19:12). Help him to recognize his mistakes. Give him eyes to see Your truth and ears to hear Your voice. Bring him to full repentance before You. If there is suffering to be done, let it be the suffering of a remorseful heart and not because the crushing hand of the enemy has found an opening into his life through unconfessed sin. Lord, I know that humility must come before honor (Proverbs 15:33). Take away all pride that would cause him to deny his faults and work into his soul a humility of heart so that he will receive the honor You have for him.

LIKI51

First I want to thank God for letting me see the real effect of prayer. My DH had me so shocked last night I asked him if he was ok!!!! God is so good, I am so used to DH acting one way that when he didn't act that way I swore something was wrong! The spirit was working on him and me. GOD has made me see that he loves me and he will do what he promised. AMEN!