Praying For Your Husband

carcajada

This is part of my 30-Day Encourage Your Husband Challenge. I figured I would post it here for anyone interested.

------------

Praying for Your Husband

“She does him good....” Proverbs 31:12a
Bless your husband by praying for him!

The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12).

Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the
Lord’s wise, loving care.

31 Days of Prayer

Day 1
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)

Day 2
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)

Day 3
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)

Day 4
Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)

Day 5
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)

Day 6
Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a
clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)

The rest can be found at: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/prayingforyourhusband.pdf

star

Thanks this is powerful and so glad you put it in the other forum as well so every can grab hold.

Last edited:

pattycake0701

Awesome thread! You have no idea how bad we need this as I already have one foot out of the door:ohwell:. I will be starting today.

Mocha5

I better live it up then because next week I might make a "Does your left boob hang lower than the right one" thread. :lachen: j/k.

Girl, please. We need some of those threads too...as Chellero just stated. :grin:

ETA: But errr..since I'm not as well endowed as others that won't really be an issue for me. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:bump: :bump: :bump:

Those of you married and married-to-be...

Be encouraged... :love3:

God already sees and is making it all right. :yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

This is part of my 30-Day Encourage Your Husband Challenge. I figured I would post it here for anyone interested.

------------

Praying for Your Husband

The Apostle Paul instructed all Christians to pray for one another (Ephesians 6:18). This includes wives’ responsibility and privilege to pray for their husbands. Earnest prayer for your husband is good for him, for you and the spiritual health of your home (Proverbs 31:11-12).

Satan desires to destroy your husband, especially his character and his leadership in your relationship. Trust God through prayer as you daily surrender your husband and marriage to the

31 Days of Prayer

Day 1
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)

Day 2
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)

Day 3
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)

Day 4
Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)

Day 5
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)

Day 6
Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a

The rest can be found at: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/prayingforyourhusband.pdf

I don't know who tripped this old thread back up but it's right on target. I'm in a discussion right now with a guy who thinks Black men are being bashed whenever the issue of out-of-wedlock births in the Black community is mentioned. I was trying to explain to him about leadership and whatnot...taking on reponsibility and keeping it, abandonment issues etc....that Black men have a disproportionate rate of avoidance. I dunno, if even the Million Man March and other like groups can tackle the issue to at least admit it and bring it to the forefront...then there's a serious problem. This explains what happened!!! Good thread.

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't know who tripped this old thread back up but it's right on target. Good thread.

Marriage is my Ministry and as soon as I saw this, I knew it was needed. Our men (Black, White, Mixed) need our prayers. Our Prayers trump the ills of the enemy of their souls.

Not married but will be praying for 31 days. Do we start now?

Thanks Hurricane. :Rose: You're planting a beautiful harvest for your own marriage; for what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. (Ephesians 6:8). :yep:

Pray as God leads. I'm going beyond 31 days. :pray:

MA2010

Thank you for bumping this Shimmie! I'm jumping right on this.

I love DH too much not to :)

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you for bumping this Shimmie! I'm jumping right on this.

I love DH too much not to :)

We 'reap' what we 'sow' into our men... :yep: Our prayers define and refine our harvest in them and our marriages.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Printing ....

I can only say this is a very timely thread.

God is good!

------------

Praying for Your Husband

31 Days of Prayer

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Shimmie

Staff member
My heart is still in prayer for each and every marriage and for those to be.

1 This is the written account of Adam's line.
When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.

2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man. " Genesis 5:1-2

For whom God has joined together, let no man put assunder...

To the wife who wonders...fret not thyself over your husband's plans and where abouts.

God is with him, your husband wherever he goes.

Ladybelle

I did this last year, and it works. In fact, I have continued to pray for him every since doing this and I must say, it made a difference in our marriage.

I looked up one day and some of the things we dealt with, he dealt with were a thing of the past. All I could do was thank God as I know after I asked him to not only come into, but stay in our marriage- I saw the difference.

Thanks for sharing & i hope some other women see the benefits in their marriages.

yodie

I love threads like this and I'm not even married - YET. Promise me you will continue to post threads like this after I get married.

Praying you ladies see the manifestation of all that you've prayed each day and much, much more!!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I love to hear good reports! I'm about to start, to culminate on his birthday next month...

Bless you!
:rosebud:
I did this last year, and it works. In fact, I have continued to pray for him every since doing this and I must say, it made a difference in our marriage.

I looked up one day and some of the things we dealt with, he dealt with were a thing of the past. All I could do was thank God as I know after I asked him to not only come into, but stay in our marriage- I saw the difference.

Thanks for sharing & i hope some other women see the benefits in their marriages.

hurricane

Okay would like to start. What day are we on? I will pick up the days I missed but it is better if we all do this at the same time. More power!!!