The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CurlyMoo

Hey thanks for bumping this thread. OMGAH! I just realized I am officially the longest haired person in the family. YAY buddy!!

Last edited:

LivingDol1

I currently have the longest hair in my family.

my grandmother and her sister had waist length hair when they were much younger. they've chopped it since then...

1Aleeesha

On my mothers side of the family most of all the women I've seen with at least bsl-waist length hair at least one time in their life, some of them seem to cut their long hair often. Those are my mothers cousins, my grandmother, my grandmothers sisters, my mothers sister and most of their children... I even have male cousins on my mothers side with long hair.

On my dads side of the family, I think I have the longest and have grown the longest. When I see them they are always the ones asking if it's my hair or not and how did I get my hair like that touching it like I'm a freak show lol...

spinspinshuga

Mine is the longest, right now. My sister regularly makes it to WL and allows stylists who don't have her best interests in mind to chop it all off, so she's only about APL right now. She'll be back to WL in a bit, I'm sure; her hair grows ridiculously fast.
ETA: oops, I'm MBL.

Last edited:

Bellanica

Two of my nieces, a cousin, and a nephew all have the longest hair right now. They are are all waist length or close to it. We have all had long hair at one time or another. But the people in my family who have made it to WL and maintained it literally don't do anything special. They mostly wear it in braids or up or in ponytails. They keep it real simple. They inspire me to do that as well.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Most of my fam is SL (bc they cut it in styles/etc), a whole lot of my fam is around APL, a few are BSL and a couple are/were WL.

Almaz

My cousins Yanet, Belyanesh and Mojhghan they all have knee length hair. But they will be cutting it soon for Pantene to make wigs for women and children with Cancer.

nysister

Great-great grandmother - Beyond waist (even at 93!)
Great-grandmother - various lengths throughout life, but she had naturally 2A hair
Grandmother - Armpit length
Mother - Various but I don't think longer than lower neck
Me - Even shorter! I hoping for a crazy big fro in a year, and an insane fro in 3

nucienuce1

My oldest sister had thigh length dreads but she cut it into a twa, I believe in my immediate family I have the longest hair at APL (it was a little past BSL but I cut it )

WorkInProgress88

.my mom had the longest hair in my family (BSL) until recently when she cut her hair b/c she didn't feel like messing w/ it and it made her head look bug underneath her wigs....i guess i can now take the crown for having the longest hair

Truth

My Grandma .that beautiful natural 3c MBL hair of hers... smh GEEZ i wish i had a pic man...

Aviah

In my immediate family it would be my mother or sister who have APL- BSL hair easily, but keep cutting it. My grandmother and her sisters all had waist length and beyond hair in their younger days. For mom n sis grease,PINK OIL relaxers, dyes, lack of DC's have not been an issue for anything much except their thickness. Length? Psst, it seems to be only me who has to catch up on that one...

Fab79

i chose Mid-back because my aunty's hair comes to about there, but then i remembered as i was washing my daughter's hair that her hair is waistlength, so waistlenght, i however, have a long way to go, just to get to APL, different hair textures

carletta

This would be my great aunt mother side( WAIST LENGHT ) and longer... her hair was extremly wavy !
next person was my aunts on my dads side (brastrap). even my daddy had hair armpit lenght hair as a child !!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnieaj

I voted WL for my granny, but when I think about it it should have been my great-grandmother, who was KL. My mom is MBL, I'm currently CBL stretched, and I think my longest was APL.

ad0rkabletash

My cousin easily has the longest hair in my family... last time I saw her it was APL, and that was in early October! And that was after a cut. Before that her hair had been MBL.

The rest of us are just scissor happy. My sister and I would probably be about BSL if we stopped chopping our hair off!

LadyRaider

My cousin Alicia, that I can tell from the last reunion. She wears in between APL and BSL but that's probably a choice. There is no reason it couldn't be longer. Her sister has a 2-type hair that runs in the older generation in my family, but wears her hair shorter... by choice.

As kids, we all had long hair. My mom took care of my hair. My cousins got in the habit of going to the salon. When I took over care from my mom, my hair got short. Alicia's stayed long.

But she was a beauty queens as well... dance team, cheerleader, college cheerleader. Miss Black (college name). Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Now, at 47, Alicia is a cute size 4. Me.... I was known for my brains (I'm a Phd).

PinkyD

My Aunt (father's side). She has waist length curly hair and beyond tailbone straightened. It must be noted that she is half Indian (India). On my mother's side it's probably my youngest aunt who has SBL hair, but most of the women on both sides of the family have cut their hair short. Who know's what their "real" lengths could be. My half sister also has MBL hair.

FeelinIt

My mother. She is currently at knee length with dreadlocks. I would say I may come in next with shoulder length hair. My goal is waist.

msbettyboop

When we were kids it used to be my sister at APL but somewhere along the line I guess she stopped paying attention to it now it's just barely at shoulder. Now it's me at SL and I plan to grow to BSL. I'm the only one in my family who is obsessed with her hair btw. When I go home I'm going to educate my sisters on healthy hair practices and probably introduce them to hair boards. I believe it's in our genes to grow long hair cos when my mum was a teenager she had natural hair down to her waist. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I wish I'd kept that pic. I'd have put it in the bathroom now for inspiration!

BronzyBella

I've always taken a secret pleasure in knowing that the person with the longest hair in my family is me.

It's weird because some of my aunts as well as my mother had super thicky reletively healthy looking hair. They used to get texturizers/jheri curls back in the day. When that went out of style, they couldn't adjust to relaxers (hair breakage/shedding I guess) and are natural now, but keep their hair really low (less than an inch) because according to them, it's uber low maintenance.

I do have one aunt that hasn't cut her hair down. She goes to the hairdresser at least once a months and she rocks braids, wigs, twists, weaves, etc. I've seen her real hair. It's about shoulder length and pretty healthy looking.

BTW, I'm APL

lalaland88

I have a good bit of Aunts who have or had TBL, on my mum and dad's side.

The person w/ the shortest hair was always me. I was shoulder length for a long time until I was 16 (almost 17), and I suddenly became APL (don't know how it happened). I still head the shortest hair and got a lot of that "some ppl's hair just don't grow", from my mum (bless her heart she wasn't aware at the time, now she's more educated on the matter!).

Since, learning how to properly take care of my hair, I no longer have the shortest! :D
I've gone from APL to WL in what seemed like forever (4 years), but I finally got here! Hopefully, I'll be joining my aunts soon! :D