Has anyone got the longest hair they ever had??

Lorraine S

The longest my hair ever was: Glazing shoulders
Now my hair is almost at bra strap length. All it takes is time, consistency, and patience and of course educating yourself about proper hair care.

fivetimestwo

This is the longest my hair has ever been. I've never been longer than a couple inches past shoulder length before I found out about hair boards.

skyborn09

no i haven't yet the longest I've been when I was young was a lil past bsl....i'm 10 weeks post relaxer so i really don't know how long my hair is right now.

Harmony0221

As far as I can remember my hair has never been this long. It always hung out around shoulder length...It's now APL in the front and nearly an inch away from BSL in the back... Which reminds me I need to update my fotki...

NYRICAN1

Yes, before lhcf my hair was neck length and now 2 years later and a few trials and trims later my hair is the longest layer apl.:grin: I am shooting for bsl :lick: hopefully for my b'day in January.

sylver2

Yup..this is the longest its ever been..even family members can't believe it.
SL the majority of my life, then APL.

djanae

My hair was the longest when I was a child - from old pictures, it seems to be around armpit length, full and THICK.

However, through my pre-teen and adolescent years my hair was ALWAYS NL to SL.
Currently my hair is the longest its been in years - still at SL, but touching my collar bone when stretched.

My goal is bra-strap and I WILL get there, i'm in no hurry - as long as I keep seeing results I should be fine.

Encore

i do! i do! in my old fotki stalkin expeditions, i'd see apl, or better yet a full collarbone length(that used to be long to me) and be just so in awe. but its NOTHIN i tell ya, NOTHIN like havin your OWN hair that length! so when i hit bsl, oh ****! cant tell me NOTHIN!

This made me :lol: I can't wait till I'm BSL ima be swangin that mess allllll day :)

Last edited:

Avan207

Lol, the longest my hair has been in my adult life was when my daughter was born 7 years ago. Just shy of apl with no bangs. My hair grew during sheer neglect! I was broke so my staple was aussie moist shampoo and condish. No rollersets, no sleeping with a scarf on,nothing the only thing I probably did do right was take a daily multi vite and that was ONLY b/c I was nursing the baby. SMH

aquajoyice

My hair was never longer than shoulder length... it always broke off. Take a look in my fotki and I have pics that show the longest my hair has ever been. When I was a child I remember my hair reaching APL when stretched. But it was always in pony tails and I never cared for it myself.

Babygurl

Yes, this is the longest my hair has ever been, I was shoulder length for the majority of my life, sometimes even shorter, I could never have dreamed I'd EVER have waist length hair!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I'd have to say I'm in this category. My hair has NEVER been over SL, not even as a child. I'm so excited that I'm almost APLand most likely make it by the end of this year. I may be over APL since I have over 3 months of NG. I say keep maintaining your reggie and don't sell yourself short. Just keep in mind that all progress is success and stay positive! :yep:

LadyPaniolo

I'm at the longest my hair has been in my adult life, though I did have hair a bit longer when I was a little bitty girl.

I'm >>>>>>this close<<<<<<< to waist length in the back.

mzsophisticated26

Eventhough my hair is SL, give me one more inch and this is the longest my hair has ever been in my life. No one in my family has hair beyond SL mostly NL so I really hope I can make it to APL.

Barbie83

This is the longest my hair has ever been. I've always reached a point right past shoulder length and stayed there. I dont think Ive ever had a growth problem (my hair grows pretty fast from the scalp); I believe my problem has always been retention. I was always abusing heat (every day); never DC'd, always wore my hair out and down or up in a ridiculously tight ponytail. And NEVER moisturized, just used serum. Wow what a mess! no wonder I didn't retain anything.

I'm currently thisclose to APL (maybe an inch away) and if I don't achieve it with my touch-up this week, I know I'll achieve it (FULLY) with my next touch-up (in December). This is so exciting! I thought I'd be an SL girl forever. Now I know that if I just stay consistent with my regimen, I can reach APL, BSL, and eventually MBL!

:yay::yay::yay:

keriplz

I agree; since you don't know how long your hair will grow gone ahead and aim for WL! You never know. :yep:

But before I began relaxers my hair was Mid-back length. How I would love to get back there, but I'll take full arm-pit length straightened for the moment.

Hairsofab

My hair is not even long but it is definitely the longest it has ever been. Most of my life I was ear length or barely chin length relaxed. Now I'm natural and my natural hair comes down to my shoulders. I imagine if I straightened it it would be much longer.

bludaydreamr

I can't remember my hair being any loner then it is right now. My hair is about 2 inches from BSL. I was always between SL and APL and then my ends would break.

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
My hair is the longest that it's ever been. It's just about APL, and the longest that I remember were the bottom layers being collarbone length in high school, and that had been the longest up till that point.

Kacie

I did a quick length on my nape last night and it's past my bra clasp. This is the longest my hair has ever been.

BonBon

I've had setbacks, problems with stress related hair loss and alopecia, so I've lost my hair quite a few times since this thread:sad:.

Now with consistent protective styling, KISS regimen and better stress management:look: I'm finally hitting shoulder/collar bone length which is the longest ever. :drunk: Think my longest was TWA/ear length before the site.

BUMPING for more stories!

bhndbrwneyes

I was always around APL-BSL, one year in high school I had very bad heat damage and my hair was breaking off faster than it could grow so I was around SL-APL. This happened again in college but not as severe. Now I'm at WL.

Charlie555

In high school I was just past APL and I am now BSL and growing so yes this is the longest my hair has ever been.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Love this oldie, but goodie.

At APL, this is the longest it has ever been. Never been past full neck length. I've only been on this HHJ for 11 months, so I can't wait to see what the future holds.