The Leave-In Conditioner Search Continues...

LadyKaypnyc

I have tried quite a few leave-in conditioners (NTM, Giovanni Direct, Lacio Lacio, Biolage etc.), and I never get any good slip. :wallbash: When my hair dries it feels kinda dry, especially the new growth no matter how much leave-in I put on it. I don't want to turn into a PJ :spinning:, but I gotta find the right leave-in, because I don't want my hair to feel dry and then break. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. :yep:

Have you tried redken's Smooth down Detangling Cream or QB's Burdock Root butter Creme? They rock:grin:

Lavendar

I always use Giovanni LI, but my hair has been drier than usual lately so I switched to Elucence MB con as my LI. I forgot how absolutely amazing this is as a LI...I may never go back to GD. I sealed that with Hydratherma moisture lotion and a little Hairveda Shikakai oil the next day, and my hair has been softer and nicer this week than it's been all year.

belleama

I have tried quite a few leave-in conditioners (NTM, Giovanni Direct, Lacio Lacio, Biolage etc.), and I never get any good slip. :wallbash: When my hair dries it feels kinda dry, especially the new growth no matter how much leave-in I put on it. I don't want to turn into a PJ :spinning:, but I gotta find the right leave-in, because I don't want my hair to feel dry and then break. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. :yep:

Could be you are using too much? For alot of those, a little goes along way.

Anyway my picks...

Cantu Shea butter leave in - if you like something thick and creamy (use VERY sparingly)
Garnier Fructis Length and Strength leave in - if you like something light and easy to distribute (I wouldn't use more than 2 pumps for SL hair)
Nexxus Headress - if you like something very light
Nexxus Humectress Luxe - if you like a spray in (be very careful not to spray too much. it is light but a little goes a really long way)

I always seal with castor oil. HTH

MrsHouston

Either LTR or use a little bit of your conditoner as a leave in. I've been using conditioner as a leave in for the past 5 or so days and my hair is moisturized like never before. My usually dry and brittle nape is soft and smooth. I just used Kenra MC today and my hair is SO happy :grin:

This is true. I've done this for years. Works great.

ctosha

Those that are using regular wash out conditioner as a leave in are u sealing with any type of oil as if u were using a regular leave in. Just wondering because I think im gonna try using the wash out type of condish as a leave in but i wouldn't want my hair to be too soft as a result of sealing. By the way I usually seal with oyin burnt sugar its full of oils and I use creme of nature moisturising condish the purple label

Mortons

Those that are using regular wash out conditioner as a leave in are u sealing with any type of oil as if u were using a regular leave in. Just wondering because I think im gonna try using the wash out type of condish as a leave in but i wouldn't want my hair to be too soft as a result of sealing. By the way I usually seal with oyin burnt sugar its full of oils and I use creme of nature moisturising condish the purple label

when I use my regular condish as a leave in I dont seal with oil. I may try it soon just to see the results.

Kimiche

I think I am going to try using my reg. conditioner (Kenra MC) as a leave-in. Thanks for convincing me ladies, special shout out to tiffers :grin:.