The Funniest thing your DH, SO or male friend has done

seraphim712 said:
Forgive me for being late on this, but what does DH and SO stand for?

I'm guessing SO is 'Significant Other'

But what about DH?

Dear Hubby. And dont feel bad about being late. It took me like an entire year to figure this out..... everyone used it so frequently across the board, and it was killing me, but I was just too ashamed to ask. :lol:

My DH hasn't started to give me a hard time yet (give it a minute, I"m still fairly new) but he has started to just randomly try different products that I have around. He loves my sulfur mix because of the peppermint EO. He's a sucka for the tingle! Just the other day we were over my cousins house and I catch a new smell coming off of him...

ME: Mmmm, babe what's that? You smell nice.
DH: Yeah... You like that, don't you!?!? B. had some stuff on the dining room table that smelled nice so I put on my beard. I like it! It makes it shiny and it softens it up! *insert cheesy grin and the "I's the s*it head nod*
ME: Let me see what you been plunderin in...

It was TCB Naturals hair grease yall! It did make his beard bling like a mug though! ...

The DH...

Attachments

• Wedding 15_edited.jpg
    Wedding 15_edited.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21
KiniKakes said:
Dear Hubby. And dont feel bad about being late. It took me like an entire year to figure this out..... everyone used it so frequently across the board, and it was killing me, but I was just too ashamed to ask. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up KiniKanes!!!

Now my it's my turn:

I'm on LHCF looking at Fotki progress pics. I think the ones I'd looked at specifically were Chicoro's and Macherieamour fotki's pics. I called my SO over and said this is how long I want my hair to grow. He was looking the pictures with a horrified/ confused look on his face.

Me: What's Wrong?
SO: How did they get all of their hair over their face like that?
Me: Like what?
SO: Did they just comb it over their face and then take the picture?

I looked at the pics and started laughing. I had to explain to him that they were taking pictures of back of their head from the mirror reflection. Then he says "Oh, I thought they were trying to act like that girl from 'The Ring' movie. I was getting a bit scared."

I threw a pillow at him. But I guess from where he was standing it did look like that.

My friend hates my protective styles (falls and buns) but is quick to be trying my hair stuff. Carol's daughter, my gel, patene, whatever! If we go out and I have a wiggie on all I hear is complaints.

Him: Blah, blah, I hate that wig, blah blah
Me: You know and I know that I am NOT BALD!
Him: But still! The world is going to think it because you have fake hair on your head.

So just to be funny I threw my 60 second Outre at him. Why that fool jumped! It was funny.

MTG has also lead me into funny situations.

After applying my MTG mixture:

Me: Yo, how my hair smell?
Him: Like a mesquite flavor. I think I want some BBQ.

Next day, I go to work.

Boss: I think something is burning. You smell that? Something is burning!
Me: Check the heaters. Surge protectors too.

I know he was getting a whiff of the MTG. Bought some oils during lunch!!!

Blackoutzangel05 said:
MommaMayhann~ how cute are you too LOL Im mad that your DH is going around putting stuff on his goatee LOL

I know:lol:! Girl you should see him at the BSS! Things get retarded! Funny thing is... I didn't need to worry about him getting into the MTG though:ohwell:... He told me I smelled like "smoked mama meat"!

This thread is so funny! I'm still laughing at the MTG foot and the SO with the waves.:lachen:

So, Dh and I were out one day, and I complimented this lady on her hair. She complimented me back, and we got to talking.

Her: So, I actually do hair. Do you go to a salon?
Me: No, I do it myself.
Her: Really?
DH: Yes! She does everything herself. She hasn't been to a salon in like, 2 years.
Her: Oh, ok. Well, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I'm wondering what products you use because your hair looks a little dry to me.
DH: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Me: No, I'm not offended. It is dry because it's wash time.
Her: Girl, I know how that is! I was just thinking, hair that long should be swinging and shining! (We laugh)
DH: It usually does. Her hair ALWAYS looks good. She just had a baby and she's tired.

He is more sensitive about my hair than I am!:lol:

This past Saturday, after we got home from being out.

DH: Do you ever notice people looking at your hair?
ME: Not really. I used to, but I don't think about it anymore.
DH: Do you think they think it's weave?
Me: Maybe
DH: Ok, from now on when I see somebody staring, I'm going to run my fingers through it. That way, they'll know it's real.
Me: Um...ok!:lol:
DH: :lol: I'm serious!

Oh, and I made a mistake and told him about the Nikko's cousin thing. Saturday, every long head we saw, he's asking me, "Do you think that's Nikko's cousin?":lachen:

lauren450 said:

DH: Ok, from now on when I see somebody staring, I'm going to run my fingers through it. That way, they'll know it's real.
I can see it now... Yall just standing there and then all of a sudden a random hair stroke. He'll have that "What you got to say now" look in his eye! :smirk:

lauren450 said:
Oh, and I made a mistake and told him about the Nikko's cousin thing. Saturday, every long head we saw, he's asking me, "Do you think that's Nikko's cousin?":lachen:
He is too funny!!:lachen:At least he didn't just start asking random ladies if they were Nikko's cousin!

lauren450 said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is TOO FUNNY!

seraphim712 said:
Forgive me for being late on this, but what does DH and SO stand for?

I'm guessing SO is 'Significant Other'

But what about DH?

Dear hubby or Damm hubby, depending on your mood at the time. I think SopiaRose said that.

seraphim712 said:
Here goes me being late again but...

WHO IS NIKKO?????

He's the man that maintains this site, let me see if I can find a picture.

Last edited:
picture020mp9.jpg

lauren450 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is hysterical!!!

lauren450 said:
This thread is so funny! I'm still laughing at the MTG foot and the SO with the waves.:lachen:

So, Dh and I were out one day, and I complimented this lady on her hair. She complimented me back, and we got to talking.

DH: Yes! She does everything herself. She hasn't been to a salon in like, 2 years.
Her: Oh, ok. Well, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I'm wondering what products you use because your hair looks a little dry to me.
Her: Girl, I know how that is! I was just thinking, hair that long should be swinging and shining! (We laugh)
DH: It usually does. Her hair ALWAYS looks good. She just had a baby and she's tired.

that's cute

KiniKakes said:
Kewl beans. Is that Nikko in the orange???

yep that's him, he's a cutie. Now we just need a picture of blackmanwithsomesense. He promised to post one but never did.

seraphim712 said:
Thanks for the heads up KiniKanes!!!

Now my it's my turn:

I'm on LHCF looking at Fotki progress pics. I think the ones I'd looked at specifically were Chicoro's and Macherieamour fotki's pics. I called my SO over and said this is how long I want my hair to grow. He was looking the pictures with a horrified/ confused look on his face.

Me: What's Wrong?
SO: How did they get all of their hair over their face like that?
Me: Like what?
SO: Did they just comb it over their face and then take the picture?

I looked at the pics and started laughing. I had to explain to him that they were taking pictures of back of their head from the mirror reflection. Then he says "Oh, I thought they were trying to act like that girl from 'The Ring' movie. I was getting a bit scared."

I threw a pillow at him. But I guess from where he was standing it did look like that.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

My DH also gets this glazed over look in his eyes, but I take no offense, I also get it when he gets to talk about his profession(chemical engineer)
Anyway, I bought a 3/4 fall or wig for protective styling, I haven't used it yet, I bought it but he's not at home, he gets home,I'm sitting on the bed, I lookk at him and fall off the bed laughing, he had it on, you should have seen him,he's bald, completely bald and that thing on his hair he looked like the Geico caveman:lol:

his bald head is getting flakes(I told him not to use my Joico K-Pak shampoo!) and I've caught him using my hair oils too

Last edited:
I was tired and I asked my husband to blow dry my hair. After convincing him I was serious, he takes the brush and begins to "blow dry". Ya'll I lost so much hair! Plus the man actually burned me with the hot air. I was trying to be a trooper and let him finish but the tips of my hair were bone thirsty dry and my scalp was still wet. I didn't dare complain. After an eternity of him dragging that brush across my scalp and yanking out hair I had, had enough. So I reach up and feel my brittle tips and I tell him. "oh honey I think my hair is dry. Thank you so much." He looked at me and slowly released the blowdryer and paddle brush. He took the hint gently and returned to watching television. I had so much hair on the floor and the room was smokey. I had to rewash and deep condition my hair it was so jacked. I gave him a kiss and thank him for trying.

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
I was tired and I asked my husband to blow dry my hair. After convincing him I was serious, he takes the brush and begins to "blow dry". Ya'll I lost so much hair! Plus the man actually burned me with the hot air. I was trying to be a trooper and let him finish but the tips of my hair were bone thirsty dry and my scalp was still wet. I didn't dare complain. After an eternity of him dragging that brush across my scalp and yanking out hair I had, had enough. So I reach up and feel my brittle tips and I tell him. "oh honey I think my hair is dry. Thank you so much." He looked at me and slowly released the blowdryer and paddle brush. He took the hint gently and returned to watching television. I had so much hair on the floor and the room was smokey. I had to rewash and deep condition my hair it was so jacked. I gave him a kiss and thank him for trying.

awww sweet.. I think its funny how guys really do wana help out with our hair my bf's like that too, some days hes literally begging to wash, dry or help me style my hair

He_Leads_I_follow said:
Hey let your SO know that my ex would be JEALOUS!!! As he grew older he lost the waves. Whatever your SO is doing, he's doing well! His hair really looks good!

Same here my honey is 52 and last year his waves stopped showing up. I pm'd her at told her I am gonna deep condition his hair friday to see if his waves come back. I think I'll try a hydrating conditioner like Nexxus.:lol:

danysedai said:
My DH also gets this glazed over look in his eyes, but I take no offense, I also get it when he gets to talk about his profession(chemical engineer)
Anyway, I bought a 3/4 fall or wig for protective styling, I haven't used it yet, I bought it but he's not at home, he gets home,I'm sitting on the bed, I lookk at him and fall off the bed laughing, he had it on, you should have seen him,he's bald, completely bald and that thing on his hair he looked like the Geico caveman:lol:

his bald head is getting flakes(I told him not to use my Joico K-Pak shampoo!) and I've caught him using my hair oils too

This is too funny:lachen:

I have to add to this hilarious thread....hmm...there have been many hair experiences with bf and I...

Phone conversation:

Me: I'm just going to leave the texlax on long enough to loosen the curl (5 minutes elapsed already)
BF: Are you sure you don't want to leave it on longer? (he wants me to relax it completely and I'm up on his game)
Me: I'm sure in fact it's time to rinse it out
BF: (loud banging sound in the background) (yelling)
Me: What happened? Are you okay? (time elapsed 1-2 minutes)
BF: (mumbles and winces) - no answer
Me: Baby, what happened are you okay?
BF: I'm fine, I'm fine, I thought I stubbed my toe or something
Me:Are you trying to keep me on the phone so I don't rinse this relaxer out of my head? (time elapsed 2 more minutes)
BF: Now why would I do that? (laughter)
Me: (dropping the phone and running for the sink and my nuetralizing conditioner)!!!

Another time he told his sister that I do all of my own hair care now after going to SH stylist and having them butcher my hair. Well his sister says she should just try a different stylist and he says that I have and I'm never going back. (His sister is a stylist) So of course she tells their mother about it and everyone is concerned that I don't go to salons anymore. I had to tell him a thing or two about sharing my personal business. He didn't think it was a big deal.

He said my hair looks great so who cares if I go to a stylist or not. Men!
I still don't want people to know my business.

Another one came to mind:

We're having a silly argument about whatever (a movie, dinner, I can't remember) and he says, "So how is your hair?" within 10 seconds I'm talking all about my hair, what I did to it last, how it's reacting to this new conditioner, how much I enjoy my texlax, when I will get my ends clipped again and the list goes on...finally I'm like: Why are you laughing?

He says: Works every time.

I guess he figured out the quickest way to calm me down when we argue is to get me talking about my hair. He's right, it does work!

lauren450 said:

Awwwwwww!!!!

Back