The Crown & Glory Method.

Tara

Bump! Great info in this thread.

Also *guano* London Diva I LOVE your little dancing people!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Luvable, I can't seem to get to your pictures somehow. Everytime I click on your picture page link, it won't let me in. I would love to see your braids. Toodles. </font>

LisaG

I'm using the method also. I have never been so pleased with my hair's over all health. I will always use this method once in while just to give my hair a break. I just think of it as a 30 day deep conditioning treatment, because when I take my hair out of the braids the hair is so moist, soft and thick.

Avaya

Bump Bump Bumping

Dr. O's Braid Comb
Synthetic Hair Sealer from Ebonyline.com

Sounds interesting:scratchch !

Plenty

henrilou said:
I saw a website about this method. You are supposed to buy the book. Frankly I am not convinced that the girl featured didn't have a weave. Why on a website about HAIR are the pictures not clear and close-up. Basically the women said that she used braids a way to grow her hair.[blackhairmedia.com] She showed fuzzy pictures of herself with waistlength braids and long hair that she said was relaxed. While I think this is possible, I don't think happened with HER. What do you think?
This is just too funny...

It's from 4 years ago!

Lucky's Mom

Hi Tonia2002,

I don’t mind the questions at all. I will look into turning that message option on and you are welcomed to send a private message with any questions as well.

Okay, getting to your question. I did braid my entire head first then I went back to cut and seal each braid after I finished braiding. To keep the braids from coming loose until I finished my entire head, I just tied a knot at the end of each braid. The reason I did it this way was because when I started braiding (on a Friday) my braid sealer did not arrive until Monday so, I was almost finished braiding when it came. Had I had the braid sealer when I begin braiding, I would have definitely cut and sealed each one as I went along instead of the knot thing. It turned out okay because I was able to do the all the cutting/sealing at once which had its benefits also. Both ways have their positive sides (either braiding and immediately sealing or braid all and cut/seal all as the final step), you can’t go wrong either way.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know this is from LONG ago - But has anyone used this or any other braid sealer?

transitioning?

Bumping as well. I feel dumb becuase i've been to that website a bunch of times and still don't really get what the method is.

Nonie

@transitioning? I think Robin's site (that's the site) covers different ways of growing long hair (including weaves) but extension braiding was the first thing I knew about the site and the one that most people refer to when they talk of C&G method. The regimen is given at the Braid Extensions Regimen link.

This thread's line of thought is so out-dated. There are enough testimonials about C&G working, since this thread was created. Y'all need to stop with bumping up very old theories that have since been squashed.

ETA: Anyone still in doubt, here's the proof: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/kibibi.html (more pics below)

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

@transitioning? I think Robin's site (that's the site) covers different ways of growing long hair (including weaves) but extension braiding was the first thing I knew about the site and the one that most people refer to when they talk of C&G method. The regimen is given at the Braid Extensions Regimen link.

This thread's line of thought is so out-dated. There are enough testimonials about C&G working, since this thread was created. Y'all need to stop with bumping up very old theories that have since been squashed.

ETA: Anyone still in doubt, here's the proof: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/kibibi.html (more pics below)

Hey Nonie. good to reference someone from this site.
And that's not even her updated hair growth. Here's a youtube flat iron video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGRhTyQshE

I don't do exactly this, but I do keep my own hair braided for long periods of time (w/o extra hair) and I do something similar to moisturize and wash and it helps me to retain all the length.

This method (and those similar) work period.

LoveLongLocks

I used the Crown and Glory Method to grow my hair. I am on the website, so I can attest that there is nothing shady about Robin. At the time that I began to take care of my hair, her website was one of very few on black hair care/growth. I did it, and achieved my goal. I was just trying to go to apl or bra strap, but I am now at Hip length. I think that she is a lovely lady, she was always very responsive. She shared information for free. I credit her for helping me learn to take better care of my hair, from how to comb hair, wash hair, and treatment. I just put braids in my hair this week....so, it as stuck with me.
BTW I know that this original post is super old, but I want to defend Robin, because she helped me so much.

mbule

do they still make the awapuhi? that was great in my hair in '00-'01! very hydrating and helped it grow.

mbule

I used the Crown and Glory Method to grow my hair. I am on the website, so I can attest that there is nothing shady about Robin. At the time that I began to take care of my hair, her website was one of very few on black hair care/growth. I did it, and achieved my goal. I was just trying to go to apl or bra strap, but I am now at Hip length. I think that she is a lovely lady, she was always very responsive. She shared information for free. I credit her for helping me learn to take better care of my hair, from how to comb hair, wash hair, and treatment. I just put braids in my hair this week....so, it as stuck with me.
BTW I know that this original post is super old, but I want to defend Robin, because she helped me so much.

I've been natural since labor day weekend '94/'95. It was a long time before websites with hair information came about. When they did, and I finally got on Robin's Name was one of the most common one's mentioned. I'm about to officially start the c&G method to help heal some damaged hair and am planning on wigging or weaving it for the first 3 months of the year 2011.
Hopefully I'll have some great news to report.

I think most people don't realize that the WHOLE ENTIRE SITE is FREE and is THE CROWN AND GLORY METHOD. It took me a minute to understand that too. i kept looking for the "click here to read or buy".