CROWN AND GLORY METHOD..YEAR ROUND!

Beautytalk69

I just finished my first crown and glory method cycle (three months with braids). According to the website, I'm suppose to leave my hair out for three months. But I don't want to. I was thinking more like three weeks:grin:. Do you think this is a good idea..or no? BTW..I'm natural

Austro-Afrikana

Actually the site says to leave in and break for 2 months, not 3. But yes a few weeks is fine as long as your hair is in good condition.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I agree with the above. If your hair is in good condition then a three to four week break in-between braids should be fine. So did you see any good growth with the braids?

Beautytalk69

I agree with the above. If your hair is in good condition then a three to four week break in-between braids should be fine. So did you see any good growth with the braids?

I saw noticeable growth. I'm a slow grower..and I saw a little over an inch (I left it for three months)

shunemite

Congrats fellow braider on achieving growth! 2 weeks break is all you need. I'm on a two week hiatus now myself. I just took down some rope twist braids last week. I've been naughty before and not waited, but now I'm having time to enjoy my hair for a while, do protein treatment, and try out new products.