The Batchelor - I am Second

mrselle

Shimmie - He has a nice testimony. He talks about his failed business ventures, working with the family insurance business for stability and being miserable and being approached to do The Bachelorette. He later went on to do The Bachelor, but was hesitant to do it. His parents, who are also Christians, encouraged him to do it because they felt like God could be opening a door for him. At one point, a news outlet asked him about sex and he said that he and his fiance were waiting for marriage to have sex. He said that he did not have sex in college, but after college started having sex. He would feel guilty, but he would get over the guilt and do it again. After about five years he repented and hasn't ever looked back.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Shimmie - He has a nice testimony. He talks about his failed business ventures, working with the family insurance business for stability and being miserable and being approached to do The Bachelorette. He later went on to do The Bachelor, but was hesitant to do it. His parents, who are also Christians, encouraged him to do it because they felt like God could be opening a door for him. At one point, a news outlet asked him about sex and he said that he and his fiance were waiting for marriage to have sex. He said that he did not have sex in college, but after college started having sex. He would feel guilty, but he would get over the guilt and do it again. After about five years he repented and hasn't ever looked back.

mrselle, than you so much. :grouphug2:

I was sitting here wondering... :lol: :lol: :scratchch:

Belle Du Jour

I didn't know the full story but I knew they were both waiting until marriage (thanks to the tabloids in the grocery store line :giggle:). It's a wonderful witness, although the magazines were treating it like an anomaly. :rolleyes: Hopefully they will inspire others to also wait :yep:

momi

Shimmie - He has a nice testimony. He talks about his failed business ventures, working with the family insurance business for stability and being miserable and being approached to do The Bachelorette. He later went on to do The Bachelor, but was hesitant to do it. His parents, who are also Christians, encouraged him to do it because they felt like God could be opening a door for him. At one point, a news outlet asked him about sex and he said that he and his fiance were waiting for marriage to have sex. He said that he did not have sex in college, but after college started having sex. He would feel guilty, but he would get over the guilt and do it again. After about five years he repented and hasn't ever looked back.

Sorry Shimmie I can't see any mentions on my phone :perplexed

Thanks mrselle for the breakdown!

LadyRaider

Yay!
That's the Bachelor that dated one of my ex-third graders!
I believe that was during her Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader years. :yep:

Attachments

• 859067_10102860966397280_1308408332_o.jpg
    859067_10102860966397280_1308408332_o.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 34

LadyRaider

Erm...and just fyi... I posted this photo on facebook when I saw it. Bragging of course about the fame and beauty of one of my third graders. She posted that the "point" was that you can have abstinence in dating. She wrote something like that. I was just bragging... (like now.) :)

momi

Erm...and just fyi... I posted this photo on facebook when I saw it. Bragging of course about the fame and beauty of one of my third graders. She posted that the "point" was that you can have abstinence in dating. She wrote something like that. I was just bragging... (like now.) :)

Oh Really? A young lady writing about her commitment to purity - I'd be bragging too! :lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Sorry Shimmie I can't see any mentions on my phone :perplexed

Thanks @mrselle for the breakdown!

Thanks for this awesome thread momi.

For you:

:bighug:

Question to All:

So is he the Batchelor that the media was grilling on him regarding gay marriage? I read something somewhere that a Batchelor contestant did not agree with gay marriage and of course the media had a hay day with it. Does anyone have any details on this?

Thanks in advance. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I didn't know the full story but I knew they were both waiting until marriage (thanks to the tabloids in the grocery store line :giggle:). It's a wonderful witness, although the magazines were treating it like an anomaly. :rolleyes: Hopefully they will inspire others to also wait :yep:

The media should wake up and applaud standards such as this. Yet they choose to be silly about it.

mrselle

For you:

Question to All:

So is he the Batchelor that the media was grilling on him regarding gay marriage? I read something somewhere that a Batchelor contestant did not agree with gay marriage and of course the media had a hay day with it. Does anyone have any details on this?

No, the current bachelor, Juan Pablo, made those remarks. I think he was asked if The Bachelor should do a show with a gay bachelor. His response was no because it does not set a good example for kids and would be "too hard for TV". From what I could gather, his remarks came more from his own personal views and not him taking a stance because he is a Christian. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bachelor. The only reason I know about Sean Lowe is because he was on DWTS and I am a huge fan and the only reason I know about Juan Pablo is because his comments made the news. I find his remarks to be a bit hypocritical simply because what he is doing as the current bachelor is no better. Here you have one man, who is essentially dating several women at one time. I don't think something like this sets a good example for anyone. I don't think a woman should have to compete for a man's attention or affection, nor do I think that a woman should entertain the attention of several male suitors at one time. It's the man who finds the wife, not the other way around. But that's another topic for another thread.

Shimmie

Staff member
No, the current bachelor, Juan Pablo, made those remarks. I think he was asked if The Bachelor should do a show with a gay bachelor. His response was no because it does not set a good example for kids and would be "too hard for TV". From what I could gather, his remarks came more from his own personal views and not him taking a stance because he is a Christian. Personally,

I'm not a big fan of the bachelor. The only reason I know about Sean Lowe is because he was on DWTS and I am a huge fan and the only reason I know about Juan Pablo is because his comments made the news.

I find his remarks to be a bit hypocritical simply because what he is doing as the current bachelor is no better. Here you have one man, who is essentially dating several women at one time. I don't think something like this sets a good example for anyone. I don't think a woman should have to compete for a man's attention or affection, nor do I think that a woman should entertain the attention of several male suitors at one time. It's the man who finds the wife, not the other way around. But that's another topic for another thread.

Thanks mrselle :giveheart: I so agree with you about these shows. No woman should have to devalue herself just to have a man or to even get his attention.

God never called us to 'compete' :nono: for attention. He didn't :nono: It's sinful in the sense of 'pride' (choose me cause I'm the better one); and the sin of compromising one's values even if it means losing their Virtue. God knows how to bring the right man into a woman's life as well as the right woman into a man's life.

I'm happy that Juan took such a bold stand against gay marriage, especially in midst of the bullies of the 'agenda' and the lying media which :fistshake: at those who do not support this lifestyle.

However, I totally agree with you :yep: that he is being hypocritical by participating in sexual sin even if it is with a woman. Wrong is still wrong.

Thanks for sharing this with me. I don't watch the shows either, but then with the ET forum here I really don't have to. :look: :lol: I just haven't gotten to this topic over there. :bookworm:

momi

For you:

Question to All:

No, the current bachelor, Juan Pablo, made those remarks. I think he was asked if The Bachelor should do a show with a gay bachelor. His response was no because it does not set a good example for kids and would be "too hard for TV". From what I could gather, his remarks came more from his own personal views and not him taking a stance because he is a Christian. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bachelor. The only reason I know about Sean Lowe is because he was on DWTS and I am a huge fan and the only reason I know about Juan Pablo is because his comments made the news. I find his remarks to be a bit hypocritical simply because what he is doing as the current bachelor is no better. Here you have one man, who is essentially dating several women at one time. I don't think something like this sets a good example for anyone. I don't think a woman should have to compete for a man's attention or affection, nor do I think that a woman should entertain the attention of several male suitors at one time. It's the man who finds the wife, not the other way around. But that's another topic for another thread.

I have no idea why they continue asking these questions - and then have a hissy fit when the answer isn't what they want to hear. :ohwell: Well I do know why but it doesn't make it less irksome.

Shimmie - all these folks delighting in and celebrating what God abhors have no idea what they are doing.

Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law. Proverbs 29:18

Shimmie

Staff member
I have no idea why they continue asking these questions - and then have a hissy fit when the answer isn't what they want to hear. :ohwell: Well I do know why but it doesn't make it less irksome.

@Shimmie - all these folks delighting in and celebrating what God abhors have no idea what they are doing.

Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law. Proverbs 29:18

I think they're using these questions to continue the hype and attention to their 'agenda'. :nono:

Your scripture from Proverbs in on point; it addresses this issue perfectly. :yep: