The Barbeque Hair Club -- for Glover's Uses ONLY!

Ennyaa

Re: The Barbeque Hair Club -- for Glover\'s Uses ONLY!

I would just like to take this opportunity to say:

MY HAIR SUUUURE IS FUNKY TODAY!!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif Hahahaha. Did my Glovers treatment last night and I washed and washed and conditioned then rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and you know what.... I can STILL smell this stuff. Oooooohweee! There should be warning on the bottle I tell ya!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I washed and washed and conditioned then rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and you know what.... I can STILL smell this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that if I don't sleep in it, the smell doesn't linger as much. 3-4 hours of marinading my hair once a week is about all I can stand! By the time I deep condition (Aubrey GPB or Nature's Gate Herbal) and style my hair, the smell is gone. Pantene Frizz Control Spray and Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade covers the smell pretty well, too.

Ennyaa

You know I think it's because my hair is braided that I didn't REALLY get it all out. I applied it just to my scalp between the twists but still there's prolly some still up in there. *sigh* I was gonna try to make it with these things for 2 months but I think I might not even make it to 1. I don't wanna stop doing the treatments or really getting a deep conditioner all the way through every strand. I may go back to protective ponytails right after Thanksgiving.

Tara

bumping to re-read the Glovers info since I STILL have almost a full bottle /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leshia

who's still using this? how has it been????? i'm thinking about doing this now!

happylocks

Hey I wish I saw this post soon, I am using Glover mixed with my Frenchees, Stop for now, but going to start using it daily, for about a month with my b.knots how is it going with everyone with the growth? Do u belive this product helps your hair growth, or too keep lenght ty?

Tebby1017

I used it a few months ago...I still don't know if it contributed to any growth...I wasn't consitent enough.

Tebby

nita4

Ennyaa, your post brings back memories of having a funky head back in my youth. Glover's is the reasons I have issues today about things smelling to loud. When I was younger, I always played in my hair and I put Glover's in my hair one night and didn't rinse it out. I went to school the next day - an all white school and ... all I heard all day was "What's that smell?". The only black child in an all white school, stinking up the class. It's funny now, but I was so embarrassed back then.

ineedmoney

Re: The Barbeque Hair Club -- for Glover\'s Uses ON

londondiva- have no idea what the purpose of pine tar is. i remember this boy who said i smelled like beef jerkey cuz of that mess.
and ladies i have been know to use glovers but i ran out so now i'm on that sulur 8. just as disgusting but hey you gotta do what you gotta do

karezone

I have increased my sauce use form twice a month to twice a week. I use the floral version. I don't really think that it makes a difference either way the odor is not going to be nice. Right now I am concentrating my applications on the areas of my hair that do not grow very fast, everything but the very top of my head. I have also been sporting a protective style for the past week. I am seriously loving a phony tail. I think that I can tell when the glovers is working because I get the growth itch.

This is not the allergic reaction itch like from WGO this is something totally different.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I quit before half the bottle of the liquid was empty, so I can't say if it increased my growth. The whole process was just too smelly and inconvenient.

A lot of people said it made their hair dry.

ChocoKitty

I not in on the Glover's challenge right but I noticed in this thread that alot of people just applied the stuff straight from the container. Back in the day my mommy would mix Glover's &amp; Sulfur together and warm it on the stove. I think if you warm it first it'll penetrate the scalp much better. Hot oil your hair with the mixture, massage, then wash. Just my 2 cent...

happylocks

warm oil penetrate the scalp? is that true? if so am heating up my S8 frenchees and BB SG ,
thanks for the reply, i have never used Glover alone, I dont plan to buy it, ill stick to 2 smelly products at a time

happylocks

*off topic* I love u cat, just too cute lol took a look at ur album, ChocoKitty, Ur hair looks great,

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm in on this challenge as soon as my glover's and s8 arrives! :D I don't care if I stink at work. Maybe it will make my boss stay away from me! :lachen:

LAINA7777

I'm in the Barbeque Club also my husband is over in Iraq so I can use all the stinky products I want!!! I mixed my sauce along with my surge, leave in conditioner, and oils. I want the sauce to help my hair to grow so I don't care if no one else likes it!!!!!

RUBY

Could someone please post a picture/or direct me to where I could see one of Glover's pomade and the liquid treatment.
Thanks

DDTexlaxed

I started my regime today. To me glover's smells like my mom's smoker! I'm only leavin it in 1 hr. then after S8 mixed w. ors olive oil....to curb trhe smelll :eek:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
BUMP

I bought some more of the Glover's Ointment today. I'm gonna start applying it to my scalp, even though it does contain the dreaded petroleum :eek:. I don't like petroleum and mineral oil in products, but I'm pretty confident that this stuff will work; it has 5% sulfur in it. I've used Sulfur 8 (2% sulfur) a couple years ago with nice results, so I'm pretty sure that the Glover's Ointment will work also.

BrownSkin2

I bought the glover medicated oil yesterday. I mixed it with sulfur8 hair grease. Since I've applied, I feel like something is going on up there, especially in the crown area. I hope it's waking up my hair follicules. I'll let you know how it goes.

DDTexlaxed

This mix works. I mix mine with frenchee and sulfur 8. My hair grew alot with the mix. I don't use it now because I'm not relaxed. I think I'l be using it again when it gets warmer.

Caramela

I tried glover's today for an hour leave-in. It did stink but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I washed with CON and I love the way the combo made my hair feel. As far as growth... I guess that's tbd... my plan is to do it for 3 months.

Ms. Cleo

I mix the Glover's liquid with Sulfur 8, Glover's medicated grease and some other stuff. I have been making this concotion for about a year and it works! I put it on my scalp about 3x a week.