Still using Glovers?

candycane

Are there any ladies still using the Glover's sulfur product? I remember a month or two ago several of the ladies on the board had started the BBQ hair club but I have not heard any updates lately. Anyone with updates to report...please share.

Candycane

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I bought two bottles of the liquid AND a jar of the ointment after reading about some of the results the ladies here were having. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
After I use up all the liquid, I'm turning in my membership card. It's too much of a hassle and the smell stays in my apartment for days! And I only do it once a week! I leave it on for about 3 hours. Long enough to do its thing, but not long enough for the smell to cling to my hair like a bad spirit.
My hair seems to be growing at it's same turtle pace...
But it's growing and its healthy and it's staying on my head. I'm cool with that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

candycane

I never declared my membership to the "club" but I did begin to use it mixed with oil for a pre-wash treatment. My hair was growing really quickly. Two weeks into using it, my hair looked like it needed a touch up. I went to the salon to get my hair trimmed and the person doing my hair was like "Uh, you sure you don't want to relax your hair too?" I told her that my hair had been relaxed 2 weeks prior. She then started asking me what I was doing to my hair. I mentioned the Glovers. She then proceeded to really assess my hair. According to her, my hair was being "stripped" by the glovers. She felt it was creating too much dryness. I had wondered if others had had similar experiences.

Candycane

daviine

Do you agree with her assessment or do you think she just made it up becasue your hair gew so fast?

HOTCHOCOLATE

Although, I never joined the club, I use Glovers liquid once a week as well as Sulfur 8 (3xweek). I noticed more growth. Glovers and Sulfur 8 will always be a part of my regimen. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
According to her, my hair was being "stripped" by the glovers. She felt it was creating too much dryness. I had wondered if others had had similar experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she saying that the 'growth' is really just stripped, dried up hair? It makes sense that Glover's would be drying--it's a dandruff treatment. But I always make sure I use a super moisturizing conditioner and lots of moisturizers afterwards to kill the smell and to counter the effects of the mineral oil and petrolatum.
I never experienced stripped hair with the Glover's, though.

Ennyaa

I just finished my bottle last week and I think that stylist made that up. I told my stylist about it (cuz she smelled it /images/graemlins/blush.gif) and she didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it. I will continue to use the ointment that I bought but I don't think I will rebuy the Glover's after that since I'm trying NX3 now.

My hair does seem to be growing pretty fast but honestly I'm not sure what's doing it. It could be the supplements, it could be the nightly massages it could be other stimulants I just don't know /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I'm gonna discontinue it though once the ointment runs out and just see what happens.

BlkMane

I think I will be handing in my membership card. I used up just one bottle of the liquid Glovers over 1 month's (or so) time and I didn't notice any increased growth.

I just don't have time anymore to let it marinate for 3-4 hours.

I'm switching to the oil blend I posted about that was PROVEN to stimulate growth in a medical study.

adrienne0914

candycane, i'm also curious about your assessment vs. that of your hairdresser. if your hair was so "stripped," why would she want to put a perm on it? certainly she didn't think THAT would improve the condition... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

it seems like she was first impressed by the growth rate. then she put it down because it wasn't something SHE told you to do... i haven't seen your hair, but i'm skeptical about her assessment!! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

candycane

Sorry it too me so long to respond. I had been out sick. Anyway, I did kind of question her motives. I have to admit my hair was dry. I usually wash my hair at least 2x a week. Yet I had let a whole week pass before I went to have her do my hair. My hair was dry. But I cannot be sure if it was the sulfur or the extended time between washing.

Candycane

candycane

She never did get too detailed in describing what part of my hair was stripped. She just kept talking about how much I needed a relaxer and how dry my hair was. After washing and conditioning, she sat me under the dryer. After drying she started complaining about my hair yet again. She started talking about how long it was taking her to flat iron my hair "because my hair really needed a relaxer". What's so funny is after my hair was washed, it was soft and moist feeling. I think she was really trying to force me to pay her an extra $60 for a relaxer. All of this occurred at Thanksgiving, and I still have not relaxed my hair! And my hair is moist and is doing just fine.

Candycane

candycane

Adriene,

I really believe babygurl was trying to make me relax my hair. It was like her body was twitching with anticipation at the thought of earning more money from my visit to her. But I wasn't buying it! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Candycane

Ennyaa

I'm glad to hear your hair is doing better and I'm REALLY glad you didn't let her badger you into getting a relaxer so soon.

adrienne0914

i think it's a shame that she would be willing to have you sacrifice the health of your hair to make some extra money. i'd be on the look out for someone more ethical, or if she always does a good job, i'd just put her on mute when she starts handing out the hair "advice." /images/graemlins/mad.gif

adrienne