texturizer question....

Amina

Hello ladies,
I have just register today. :D
I am now in transition. I believe that my hair is 4a/4b. I have two questions:

1) My mom and auntie both have texturizers and they keep saying the the lady who does their hair uses rods. Can anyone explain the process of going about putting a texturizer in ones hair?

2) I am wondering if anyone can tell me if it is better to wear a texturizer or a perm when wearing a hejab?

Thanks

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
sounds more like they have a leisure curl. texturizers are nothing more then a mild relaxer that is combed or smoothed on and let process for a short amount of time.

that rod thing has me baffled

Isis

The rods sound like a perm rather than a texturizer. As Weaveitup said, a texturizer is like a mild relaxer.

ThickHair

I agree is sounds like some sort of Jherri curl not a texturizer. What do you want your hair to do? What do you expect of your hair?

Amina

I have been looking at model_chick717 hair and I would really love my hair to look somewhat like that. Now my auntie's hair does not look anything like most of the texturizers I have seen on this board. I just assumed maybe it was because her hair was short (just above her ears).

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

ichephren

Hey Amina, any type of hair is ok under a hijab as long as you moisturize it. You might think of wearing hijabs that aren't made of cotton 'cause they rob the hair of moisture or maybe using a thin piece of satin cloth as a barrier between the cotton and your hair. If you want to texturize your hair, take a relaxer that you would normally use to relax and leave it on for less time, usually around 5-8 minutes. Welcome to the board!