Texlaxers: What are the steps you take to getting a really curly defined WnG?

lipyt

Ever since I realized that I actually texlaxed by accident, I have been rocking WnG's. But I noticed some days the curls are more defined and tighter (which I like) other days it's not as good. What do you do to get the perfect WnG each time?

Tootuff

If I let my hair air dry almost completely and then put my hair products on I get a fuller more curly wash n go.

lipyt

If I let my hair air dry almost completely and then put my hair products on I get a fuller more curly wash n go.
Ok. Does it come out a bit more frizzier this way as apposed to if you had put product in while it was wet?
it does look pretty by the way

Eisani

I'm the exact opposite. I apply product while still in the shower to only slighty ringed out hair. Usually whatever conditioner I used to cowash, and leave it alone until it's dry.

lipyt

I'm the exact opposite. I apply product while still in the shower to only slighty ringed out hair. Usually whatever conditioner I used to cowash, and leave it alone until it's dry.
How do you get the front of your hair to wave like that!? When you pull all your hair back into a ponytail does it still wave?

Tootuff

Ok. Does it come out a bit more frizzier this way as apposed to if you had put product in while it was wet?
it does look pretty by the way

It comes out puffier (is that a word). I like it full and big. When I put the product in while wet it looks too flat for my liking. I have not tried it with conditioner though. I will have to get it a shot.

Eisani

How do you get the front of your hair to wave like that!? When you pull all your hair back into a ponytail does it still wave?

No matter what I do, my hair is ALWAYS wavy which is why I gave up trying to completely relax in the first place :lachen:I used to hate it, but have come to accept it. I don't do anything extra or special to make the front wave up, that's involuntary, whatever conditioner I use as a leave in is evenly distributed throughout my hair. I

lipyt

It comes out puffier (is that a word). I like it full and big. When I put the product in while wet it looks too flat for my liking. I have not tried it with conditioner though. I will have to get it a shot.
Yes it does look full and puffy..like a cloud.
a bit OT: I wonder if I picked out my WnG after it dried if it would look like a blown out afro...:rolleyes:...Gives me a project for the weekend..
No matter what I do, my hair is ALWAYS wavy which is why I gave up trying to completely relax in the first place :lachen:I used to hate it, but have come to accept it. I don't do anything extra or special to make the front wave up, that's involuntary, whatever conditioner I use as a leave in is evenly distributed throughout my hair. I
Wow I love the waves mine never waves...natural or texlaxed:ohwell:

LaNecia

Maybe Sareca will chime in here but what she does (and I've started doing on my super short texturized hair) is avoiding the comb except for once every two weeks or so. Not combing through my hair but detangling with the conditioner in my hair in the shower has made little ringlets form where I thought it was hopeless.

I also apply product to my hair when it's very wet (my detangler conditioner (DDTA or Eqyss Creme Rinse works as my leave-in, Oyin Whipped Pudding and IC Gel w/Sparklelites seems to be the winning combo for me) and then let it be otherwise it's frizz city.

Vixx

sareca

Maybe Sareca will chime in here but what she does (and I've started doing on my super short texturized hair) is avoiding the comb except for once every two weeks or so. Not combing through my hair but detangling with the conditioner in my hair in the shower has made little ringlets form where I thought it was hopeless.

I also apply product to my hair when it's very wet (my detangler conditioner (DDTA or Eqyss Creme Rinse works as my leave-in, Oyin Whipped Pudding and IC Gel w/Sparklelites seems to be the winning combo for me) and then let it be otherwise it's frizz city.

Vixx

:yep: Combing prevents the curls from forming. Not combing is the only way I can get good curl definition and it's low-manipulation to boot! :drunk:

biancaelyse

I am natural not texturized, but I apply my prodducts to sopping wet hair and then brush through with a Denman brush and then plop.

lipyt

:yep: Combing prevents the curls from forming. Not combing is the only way I can get good curl definition and it's low-manipulation to boot! :drunk:
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU'RE TEXLAXED!? Your hair is gorgeous! Wow and it looks so shiny! It lays beautifully...look at all those waves...I'm in awe:blush::blush::blush:

Tee

This is soooo me!! No matter what, my hair is not getting straight!

morehairplease

Vixx

congrats sweetie! do you have any pics? what relaxer did you use? I am wanting to do this within the month any tips?

choconillaprincess

SparklingFlame

Vixx
Wait wait wait wait WAIT!!!!!!!

Did you say "and I've started doing on my super short texturized hair?"

You cut your hair????? :cantlook:

When did this happen??????

To the OP, I just wash it, put a thicker conditioner in it, and let it air dry. The result is defined curls.

gmw

I am full natural... but! When my hair was shorter I would co-wash my hair and only finger comb for like 3 weeks (detangling once every 3 weeks). The coils/curls were popping all over the place. I also apply my product when my hair is wet, and I plop (or my version of plopping (just covering my head with an old teeshirt and letting it sop up the water))

Now that my hair is longer I use my fake denam every time I wash, applying product while wet, and plopping....

With each method my coils/curls remain intact, as long as I don't mess with them during the day. No hand in hair disease!!!

Babydall818

When I get good curl definition is after I co wash/wet my hair, I gently squeeze the excess water out of my hair and then I will apply some Vaseline (I use total moisture) in my hair and then just get some oil or a light coat of grease (Tea tree) on my hands and then rub that on the ends:grin:.
That's works for me. Love it!!

lipyt

When I get good curl definition is after I co wash/wet my hair, I gently squeeze the excess water out of my hair and then I will apply some Vaseline (I use total moisture) in my hair and then just get some oil or a light coat of grease (Tea tree) on my hands and then rub that on the ends:grin:.
That's works for me. Love it!!
you have a pic?