tangles

sexy c

ladies please help everytime i wash my hair i get tangles and knots and the only way to remove them is to pull them out my hair looks fine and healthy when done but i have very short spots n my hair please help

Lady Esquire

Ways to prevent tangles:
* Wash hair in sections. Four to six parts, braids optional.
* Crown and Glory method on www.growafrohairlong.com
* Pre-shampoo treatment with oil or condish lightly coated on dry hair, in parts.
* My hair penetrates the oil better when I spray my dry hair with a little bit of plain water first.
* Comb ends first and work your way to roots, with wide-tooth comb, in sections.
* After shampooing and conditioning, use a rinse. (Dominican rinses are great for detangling).

* Wash more often.
* Try co-washes.

Cleve_gryl

I started doing Sareca's oil rinses after washing and my hair has been a dream to detangle...I'm 13 weeks post, so its a jungle up there!

Misseyl

You need to start washing in sections. What I do is use a cloth rubberband, section my entire head into 8/10 sections then wash each section separately.

ITA with all the ladies above. I suffered breakage from not detangling the middle of my head! :perplexed

Pre-pooing with oil first helped a lot.

You mentioned your hair being fine...so is mines so you have to be careful with sectioning your hair. I do the Crown & Glory technique but only have my hair in 2 sections (part across the middle of my head) and it works like a dream. I just bantu twist my hair into those 2 sections and wash (pour diluted shampoo over hair and massage/squeeze the hair) one at a time. Rinse out each section and then apply conditioner in it. Comb thru (detangle) each section. After that I apply whatever product to my scalp and then moisturize and seal each section.

HTH

krissynick

okay first wat type of deep conditioner are you using.. i depend on mines to detangle for me..

are u just handling your hair too hard.. that can cause tangles too..

and as far as the conditioner goes..... make sure u put it everywhere... like part with ur fingers and make sure u apply it to every inch of ur hair.

Jetblackhair

Definitely washing my hair in 4 braids, a section at a time has helped with tangles.

I also use Paul Mitchell, The Detangler as my last rinse out.