DISASTER!!! My HAIR has tangles and Knots....

honeycomb719

I CANT comb out!!!! What am I to do? Ive been trying to slowly finger comb them , but its not working. I just removed a sew-in after being in for 4weeks, and I pre-combed my hair B4 washing w/ Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioner & Poo, but I still have Knots and MAJOR tangles.
Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

adrienne0914

sorry to hear this, honeycomb! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

when i took my braids down, i'd always use olive oil to detangle after doing so. it really helps with slippage. if you can, part your hair in sections and apply a generous amount to each section. then slowly work from end to root by section. having your hair in manageable portions will make it easier to deal with.

good luck!!

KAddy

HC, I am sorry to hear about you issue.

When I took down my sewn-in weave I did a pre-wash, but since you are past that point. I recommend using a cream conditioner and a W I D E tooth comb to assist you with the tangles. That is what I did after I took out the weave. But I also was fanatical about my hair too. So I pre-shampooed with a clarifying shampoo, then took out the braids then followed with a moisturizing shampoo. Then put in a cream based conditioner (I think I used nexxus humectress) then rinse that and did it again only sitting under the dryer for about 20 minutes.

Good Luck!

cutebajangirl

I had a hair disaster the last time I took out braids too. If you do not have it already run and get the tangle tamer. I had huge dreaded/knotted combos that the tamer removed in less than an hour. I honestly thought I would have to cut my hair to ear length. Also try to detangle from the ends up with a safety pin.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Sorry to hear this. When I take braids down I use Better UN Braid spray. Try not to panic. Be patient and comb slowly from endsu up. HTH

kisz4tj

Geez, I know it's frustraing...whatever you use you'll just have to really take your time, be gentle.

honeycomb719

Well, things didnt turn out to good, considering I was waaaay past due for a touch-up and my thinned fragile ends couldnt fight the battle with the tangles and knots. So, I tried everything, I tried to pick them aloose w/ a barbie pin, but that didnt work, so I did the only thing I could after breaking 1 comb, I had to cut.
My hair looks a MESS.
I think I'm gone haveta cut me hair and start over from scratch. I think I may need to have the top cut short, and leave a little length in the back. Because the mid part of my hair is all chewed up, just raggady.....
Anywho, thats ladies for you help.

honeycomb719

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear you had to cut your hair HC. Did it set you back too far in your goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes......VERY!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cowgirl

(((hugs))) Sorry. I know how frustrating these setbacks can be. Try not to be too depressed. Just remember, now that you have this wealth of knowledge behind you, as your hair grows back, it will be that much healthier and stronger.

Be blessed /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

aqualung

honeycomb719,

I'm sorry about your mishap. I'm going through the same situation. I got really bad matting over the weekend from washing my hair in TIGHT braids secured against the scalp with ouchless elastics. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif /images/graemlins/hammer.gif /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I've been picking through the sections for over 6 HOURS, and I still have about 35% to go. Washing in loose braids without elastics at the scalp was a better technique.

I have a VERY important meeting Friday morning, and I've gotta get my look together between now and then. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Armyqt

Honey, sorry to hear about the cut. Just try to look at it as a fresh start rather than a setback.

lovechic

I FEEL YA HC. AS I STATED ON ANOTHER POST, I HAD EXCESSIVE MATTING YEARS AGO THAT RESULTED IN A BIG CHOP! THE SAD THING WAS I MISSED MY HAIR, THE GOOD THING WAS WHEN MY HAIR GREW BACK, IT WAS ALOT HEALTHIER TOWARDS THE ENDS!