*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

Evolving78

i am using the TT now and i have to use a comb first, my hair is too coily to use beforehand. it will pull the mess out of my hair if i use it first.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Ok.... I loooooooooove this thing. It feels so good on my scalp :drool: that I have to stop myself to keep from raking it across my head.

It did a fantastic job on both my wet and dry hair. I had twists in that I wore for a week or so. I took them out, tangle teezed it :lol: and I had a fro. It was awesome! :love: (There ya have it ladies and gents... you can have the look of a blow out without the heat.)

It did a great job on my wet hair with conditioner and again on damp hair with leave ins. I had shed hair in the tangle teaser not breaks so I'm pretty impressed. The key is to use small sections and go from the tip to the root being careful to take your time.

:look: Did I mention how great it felt on my scalp??? :blush:

cia_garces

i am using the TT now and i have to use a comb first, my hair is too coily to use beforehand. it will pull the mess out of my hair if i use it first.

Are you combing in small sections or just raking it through all over? It seems as though combing in small sections is the key to using it.

keykee

Why is it this damn thing isn't available in Canada? NOTHING is ever here in Canada!
Anyway.. my friend is going to BUF today.. I've given her all of the information.. I hope she can get her hands on this for me!

nestlequik

Ugh, went to Falls Church Va and they were all out! Not to mention the fact that I bought the wrong Silk Elements product (hairdress instead of deep conditioner).

I should have gone online and saved myself the gas.

WAVES4DAYS

Ugh, went to Falls Church Va and they were all out! Not to mention the fact that I bought the wrong Silk Elements product (hairdress instead of deep conditioner).

I should have gone online and saved myself the gas.

:auto: Girrrl... for the price I was charged for shipping, I may as well drove around to find mine! I like using my tangle teezer on wet hair instead of dry hair.

Last edited:

LovinLea

Learned that the hard way. I think it's only worth it for me to use it before blowdrying, otherwise it's just too much manipulation.

Aiiight you PJs.....I purchased this thing b/c of ya'll. I have to tell you all, that I"m scared to death of those teeth and I'm afraid my hair is going to break this thing, but I'll give it a try. I'll hit you all up later.

Evolving78

Are you combing in small sections or just raking it through all over? It seems as though combing in small sections is the key to using it.

of course, that would be just stupid to do it the other way. my hair is extremely coily, and i put my hair in 17-20 small sections and i am very gentle with my hair. i start from my ends and work my way up.

~~HoneyComb~~

I've used my tangle teezer more than a few times and love it compared to the denman. The only downside is it's not that easy to clean, not only does hair get stuck but conditioner residue :perplexed

I may have to invest in the brush cleaner as well....Thanks

Hmmm...I find it very easy to clean. The hair does get stuck, but getting it out isn't that big a deal. Also, for the conditioner residue, I run hot water and let it blast through the teeth and it takes care of that.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Erm yea......... I feel like I'm the last person to try this thing but I absolutely love it! As soon as I got it I took it right out of the box and tried it on my dry hair. It glided right through my 5 months post hair; I even felt it on my scalp (which feels great btw). Then I misted my hair this morning and tried it. BUTTA! I mean it completely took the bulk and puffiness out of my ng. My bun was extra slick today :yep: Oh and the shed hair...I mean I could count the number of shed hairs on it...7 to be precise vs my usual 10-15 (yes I count :look:). I'll admit, the sound had me a bit worried so I used it leaning back over the sink to see if there would be any shed or broken hairs falling.... None.

I think I need to buy a couple (4) more backups :look:. I do not want to be without it. I haven't had this kind of PJ anxiety since I discovered ORS replenishing :lol:

You know what? Seeing how little shed hair I lose with this thing versus my detangling comb makes me wonder; how much of that hair is being pulled out from tension as aopposed to actually being shed hair? Have I been unknowingly been pulling my hair out to some degree?

LoveLiLi

Okay, I gave in and bought a couple of Tangle Teezers (blue and green).

After driving to Sally's and discovering they were sold out I called two other locations which were also sold out. :ohwell:

I went ahead and ordered online and now I have to wait for my order to arrive - so much anticipation. I hope it's worth it.

metro_qt

Ok, does anyone know where I can get a tangle teezer
Or two in the Toronto area? I haven't read through this whole
Thread, but did see that it hasn't come to the sally's
In canada yet...
Help a girl out!

chelseatiara

I recommend that you all get a hair brush cleaner. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. I can't remember what I paid, but I'm sure it wasn't much. It really works well to get all the hairs out of the brush so you can see how much shed hair you've collected. Afterwards just rinse your TT under warm water to remove any hairs leftover.

i got this from ebay!!!! it's great about 4 dollars including shipping!

4everbeautifull1

I went to Sally's today and bought my TT. I will be trying this out on mine and my DD's hair tomorrow. I can't wait to see what all the hype is about! :grin:

Honi

There is no board.
I haven't either and dont understand how that could happen. not saying I dont believe the reports. very interesting.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I haven't noticed any, but I will definitely be keeping a close eye on my ends even though I'm coarse haired. It seemed like it was mostly fine haired ladies that reported a problem with splits. I'd hate to give it up but I will in a heart beat if I start seeing a problem. Have any fine haired LHCF users reported any problems yet?

Honi

There is no board.
Im fine haired and relaxed. No splits. I think with any hair tool you should be careful. With The brush you are supposed to have less so splits so I dunno.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Nayna

Unbothered
That scares me. I'm fine haired and I want to try it when I take the braids out.

And you guys bought all the cute colors from Sally's! I don't want it in black!

keykee

Awww thank you... Butt I actually wanted to pick one up *tomorrow*
I hate paying shipping and all that... Unless I drive to buffalo, that might be my best option

I am in Toronto too. This damn thing is not in Canada. I got my friend to buy me one in Buffalo last weekend. I love it.
Sally's behind Walden Galleria has it.

chelseatiara

That scares me. I'm fine haired and I want to try it when I take the braids out.

And you guys bought all the cute colors from Sally's! I don't want it in black!

i got two black ones from sally and my cute colored one (pearl blue) from amazon!

AutumnDreams

loving my tt! got mine a few weeks ago for $9.99 at Sallys (was supposed to be on sale but i dunno). i tried it on my dd, and lawd have mercy, she said it didnt hurt at all. in fact i put it down to use a wide tooth combed and she asked me to use the tt instead. i only wish that i had bought another one for safe keeping. thanks for the heads up about this product!