*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

I am glad that there are honest opinions pro and con for the product. There is no product that works for everyone. Unfortunately, people automatically assume that the product isn't being used right. That is not always the case. I think with anything, people should be careful and observant of their hair condition. I don't think it hurts to keep checking the hair's condition over time. Just as the Denman was the rage, it didn't work for everyone. There may be some who have incentive for pushing the product, but I appreciate CurlyNikki for keeping it real.

I am glad that there are honest opinions pro and con for the product. There is no product that works for everyone. Unfortunately, people automatically assume that the product isn't being used right. That is not always the case. I think with anything, people should be careful and observant of their hair condition. I don't think it hurts to keep checking the hair's condition over time. Just as the Denman was the rage, it didn't work for everyone. There may be some who have incentive for pushing the product, but I appreciate CurlyNikki for keeping it real.

I completely agree! :yep: The denman doesn't work on my DDs fine hair, (jacked up her ends, ripped out hair), so i am keeping a close watch on the TT with her. We've been using for a couple of months and we seem to be ok. We'll keep monitoring and I do appreciate CN for being 100....

Mine just came yesterday and I used it for the first time today on my daughter and we were both happy! Wish I bought this thing a long time ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

My pink one is on it's way! So far the best detangling brush I've ever used is the Goody Styling Therapy Jojoba paddle brush. I tried the Ouidad and a few bone ones; I mostly like paddle brushes on my hair. I like my bone one and the Ouidad was cool but I ended up giving it away. I hear the bristles fall off after a while-I've had it for a year now with no problems. I want another great brush just in case though.

My TT works great!!! I took down my braids from under my extensions and applied some Hawaiian Silky 14n1 to my hair , brushed and viola--- the tangles came out w/ ease. I lost the normal amount of hair but I wasn't ripping through my hair. Hopefully this will cause me to have less splits ends.

I read CurlyNikki's blog about her experience with the TT so will be watching for any type of splits. I've had nothing but positives but I only use it on wet, leave-in added or shea buttered hair and before I rinse out my conditioner laden hair.
I also used it to apply some curly pudding...fantastic coils!

Some folks (fine hair ladies) are reporting that after weekly usage for a month or so that there ends are beginning to split. CurlyNikki did a review update and some of the other ladies that commented reported the same problem.

I'm going to wait for more reviews from longterm users before I purchase.

I went to TWO Sally's today ISO one of these bad boys.
Sheesh. The first one said she sold the last one earlier that day.
The second one had ONE left! I snatched it up, of course. The cashier said that they wouldn't be getting anymore. That it was a promotional or... something
What in the world?

Well, I went to two Sally's - and I was told that they would not be oredering any more... Discontinued??? They sell like hotcakes... So - (shrug)

If I was a producer of hair products I would make SURE I got the approval from the LHCF Ladies! LOL! Many lurkers/non-members read this board and in turn influence their hair care practices.

I like it so far.:yay: I am in the early stages of transitioning so I only have about 3 inches of natural hair. I believe it will be perfect for my hair in its natural state. It really distributed my leavin conditioner extremely well.:thumbsup:

My denman brush broke after 5 years, so I broke down and got a TT, especially since my natural sorority sister told me that it cut her dentangling time in half. I love it! I use it on wet hair with conditioner and Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie, and it gets my hair so smooth, and my twistouts look so much better. I'm so glad that I bought it.

There were plenty of them at the Sally's I went to in Toledo, OH. :yep:

I recently ordered the Tangle Teezer, and I can agree with how easy it is to detangle with it. I, however, am shelving it for good. After using it I saw an increase in SSK's and even a few splits (like some of you know, CurlyNikki recently posted about her splits too). I have fine strands as well so this may only be an issue for people who fine strands, idk. For me it didn't work, so I will be selling mine.

I have decided to only use the tangle teaser once every two months to get in a really good detangling session. I don;t think it's wise to use it every week

There are no TT here in toronto :sad:...
So I ended up going to sally's and getting a shampoo brush
For .99c... It worked great! (It looked like a low budget version
Of the tt, so I said why not)

I was in shock... So this will hold me until I can actually
Get my hands on a tt... Detangles hair and wig great!

I am in Toronto too. This damn thing is not in Canada. I got my friend to buy me one in Buffalo last weekend. I love it.
Sally's behind Walden Galleria has it.
If you or anyone is going down to. Buf in the near future, let me know!!!
Lol

I'm going to ck Sally's tomorrow to see if they're back in stock. I hope so, washing my hair tomorrow.

Anyone got a Sally's coupon?

I need to venture to this part of the board more often. Today was wash day, and I could have used this. I actually bought a lot of products yesterday for my wash. I guess I'll be making a trip to Sally's tomorrow.

I got mine from Regis Salon in the mall when I went it to look at their Mizani products. I haven't used it yet

So, I don't go to the hair boards much anymore, but I just happened to see this thread this morning. Sucker that I am, I headed over to Sally's after my 9am class. I was disappointed because they were out, but the sales associate told me to come back tomorrow, because they had just gotten a shipment. A lot of LHCF lurkers must live near me, because she said a ton of people have been looking for them. Of course, I stopped in on my way home just now, and as my luck would have it, they just opened up their box of brushes and there was one on the top! I have to admit, I used it as soon as I got home, and the verdict is that it is a hit! I feel like I get breakage everytime I detangle my hair, but this went through my hair like magic! Now, I need to be on the hunt for a back up...lmao!

I'd been looking for a TT for a few weeks now and couldn't find one anywhere. Luckily I have a BFF who is a Sally's employee and was able to get me one when they got their shipment. I haven't used it yet but the 1st test will be using it on my tender-headed 5 year old DD :ohwell:. I'll be back later with the verdict.:yep:

I went to sally's looking for this thing and the lady gave me a smirk before giving me one of the two she'd hid under the counter for herself. I used it when I cowashed last night and felt like I'd lost a lot of hair. But when I cleaned out the brush it wasn't much. Breakage aside. I will say it detangled my hair quick and I was able to airdry it. Is this going to be best for wet hair or can I use it on my hair dry?

I prefer it on dry hair--the TT works like butter on my dry hair. Then again I don't like to manipulate my wet hair like that, I find it very damaging.

Back