*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
This thing is magic for real. I can not praise it enough. It does seem to smooth the cuticle too because my hair is noticeably shiner. Wow and wow! I'm going to get one for my mom and sister.

Platinum

I tried the Tangle Teezer for the first time this morning and I love it! It works wonders on my 4b/c hair!:yep: It's definitely a keeper!

pjbapb

I tried it on my daughter's dry, parched, been loose for a week and not been detangled hair today. I used the Chicoro pre-poo method and I have to say that I'm not more impressed with it than I am with the Denman brush. I just felt like I had to make so many more passes to get the dang thing into the hair. I also didn't notice a difference in the amount of hair that came out on the TT vs. the Denman. That just tells me that with careful handling, almost anything can be a good detangler. Oh well for the price of that little piece of plastic I am GOING to find a way to like it!

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
Thats the thing. Its not going to penetrate the hair thoroughly because the bristles are not long and is flexible. It works from the outside in whereas a denman has longer bristles and grabs and tugs at the hair and does not give.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

pjbapb

Thats the thing. Its not going to penetrate the hair thoroughly because the bristles are not long and is flexible. It works from the outside in whereas a denman has longer bristles and grabs and tugs at the hair and does not give.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App
That's true and perhaps it is just a matter of getting used to something different. But I just think that it's better to get all the way through the hair. I am the one handling the brush so it's up to me to make the brush "give." I'm gonna keep coming back on this one. The jury is still out for now.

beauti

i'm 16 weeks post and just recently started buning under my half wigs for 2wks at a time. wash day i looked at all my tangled up tresses and rebunned and went to sallys! they got me one from the back (pink! woot woot!) and lets just say i will continue bunning for 2wks, possibly 3, now that i dont have to dread wash day.

msbettyboop

God bless the man who came up with this!!! I'm 16 months into my transition and I had become very afraid of wash days when I read about this, so I ordered it in pearly blue :). I took out some of my braids at the back this evening, sprayed MNT detangler on it and worked the TT through. It glided through thoroughly without any yanking or unnecessary tugging on my part. Hair came out but it was nothing compared to what usually comes out when I detangle. I don't want to get too carried away though until I use it on my whole head when I take out all the braids. If it manages to detangle my crown hair which is the kinkiest part of my head, then it's going to get an humongous A +!!! I'll be back this weekend with an update.:yep:

vkb247

I'm tired of all the little short pieces of hair I have all over so I ordered two of these today and I hope its everything you guys say it is. My hair needs the help. Right now I use the denman because its the only thing that can get through my hair.

faithVA

I purchased 3 of these, two for myself and one for my mom. I watched my mom use it yesterday and switch back and forth between it and her wide tooth comb. She made it look so hard. So I had to see if it just didn't work on her hair or if her technique was just wrong. So I used the TT on each section and gave the section back to her to twist.

The first thing is she was trying to use it on sections that were too thick. Using it on smaller sections actually makes the process faster. Also putting the teeth into the hair and then curving the wrist in a rocking motion to move through the hair works. Dragging the teeth through the hair like a brush or comb doesn't really work.

I gave it back to her and realized that even after walking her through it, she didn't find the motion that natural. I think I was a little surprised by that. And I can see if someone used it that way why they would think it didn't work.

My curl pattern is extremely tight so my detangling style has always included more mini strokes. My mother's hair is much straighter so I think over time she has developed a different style of detangling her hair.

lydc

lydc....the one across from roosevelt field? in the mall with the dollar tree?

if i think i know who you're talking about she is a bit of a ditz. the black lady that's really fair skin in there is EXTREMELY nice and the white lady with the frizzy frizzy blond hair. she's okay too.

everyone else it a bit one flew off the cuckoo's nest in there. i thought this one girl was gonna break her neck trying to weave check me in there last summer, it was HILARIOUS.

Yup that one. :yep: It was my first time in the store so I'm not familiar with any of the ladies, I normally go to the one further out on the island.

shiney_sapphire

ok, i'm sold. i went to sally's and they hd 2 left. the lady said they have been selling like hotcakes! she did comment on how things from other countries seem to do really good there.

anyway, i tried it on my daughters hair last night natural i'm guessing 4a hair ( not sure never thought about it) nd maybe 1 or 2 strands fell out. i am so gladd that "the pedegg with teeth" worked.

carameldelight87

I just got mine in the mail. I got the purple sparkly one! Woohoo! I just washed last Friday and I have twists in that are still pretty nice looking so I probably won't get to use it until next week.

Darn you Shea Moisture CES for keeping my twists looking nice longer than usual! *shakes fists at air* :s

PistolWhip

Just ran through Sally's and picked up one(there were only 2 left after I grabbed one). I looked to the E ostyler w/Argan. Oil and it was out of stock. I will report back after wash day.

I bought the very last one at the nearest Sally's. It's the black one. I already have the pink one. Hey, when it's a good thing, grab as many as you can. The Sally's girl asked me if it was a good product because it's sold out there and at the nearest Sally's around my area. People are calling around trying to find it. I told her it's so amazing the one I am buying is my second one.

MeowMix

I've jumped on some bandwagons, so I really wasn't paying attention to this thread. Well....yesterday I went to Sally's and got one. Did I sleep on this or what? I detangle 1x wk and it took out 1/2 as much as the Denman.

The cashier asked me how I heard about it and I just said 'online';)

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have been to every sally's I can think of and none of them have it. I guess I will be getting it on line.

Azure18

Do you all know they sell knock off Tangle Teesers at the BSS. It worked great for my 4a natural hair... And it cost me $1.59

Iluvsmuhgrass

I just caved and bought it. I can't find it at any of my local BSS.

Maaaaan I don't even have problems with tangles :nono: :lol: I had to because Nikki Mae said it feels really good on the scalp and I looooove scalp massages.

blksndrlla

I absolutely love this tool! The Denman and I didn't get along all that well (read: pulled out hair, splits...etc) But this is awesome. My roots tangle bad and this seemed to get them without pain or damage. I like the no handle feature...It gives me more control. I don't foresee another detangler purchase for a LONG time.

Bnster

I will sit on the back burner on this one. It looks dangerous to the hair, like it will cause damage. I will bump this thread a few months down the road and get your updated opinion on this. Plus I don't have any major tangle problems for a must have.

ETA - How long have you been using it?

Bublin

I have had this for many years and every so often i pull it out because of the rave reviews on here.

Everytime i use it, it just rips out my hair :nono: whether on dry or wet hair.

I dunno, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Oh Em Gee...I just used my this weekend. Did a tutorial on my daughter's her Friday! She was so amazed...and so was I! Please please do yourself a favor and get this contraption because it's theBOMB.COM! :yep:

MizzBrown

Taking mine back. I got the purple one but couldnt see how much shed hair was in it so I went back and got the pink so I could see.

At 24 weeks post, it ripped out just as much hair before. Taking them both back.