*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

Evolving78

okay ladies, i finally decided to use it on myself this morning. after i sectioned and rinsed out the dc i left in overnight, i hopped out of the shower, applied yes to cucumbers to each section, used the Teaser, and the twisted my hair in large section. i will admit that i had no problems using it and i barely had hair in the brush. so i give it a thumbs up! i did detangle my hair with my fingers first under running water if that helped.

i had no problems with the denman, so i will just grab either one to detangle my hair.
oh, my kids's hair, it glided right through. i am a true 4a and their hair texture is more wavy/curlier than mine.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How do you use yours? I'm relaxed and I use mine after I've applied leaves-ins, sealed and air dried to the point that I'm midly damp or completely dry. I'm just looking for other ideas from relaxed ladies.

Hey Girl....:grin:

I use mine for smoothing after I apply my Leave-Ins prior to getting under the dryer.

I use it to smooth. And it smooths my hair perfectly with minimal to little loss.:yep:

Crystalicequeen123

Okay, I finally got my tangle teezer and have been using it for the past few weeks.

Imo...it's nice, but it's not all that. :look: I STILL get SOME hair in the brush, and I wasn't really expecting that. But...overall, it IS more gentle than the Denman.

The only thing that BUGS me about this brush however is how it's shaped!!! I WISH it had a handle like the Denman, but just had the same soft bristles. That's what is missing imo about this brush. It feels really WEIRD to hold in your hand. I have short hair, so maybe that's why it feels even more weird in my hand. It's just awkward feeling....and I feel like I can't really have a lot of range of motion with my hair.

So, I just wish this brush were skinnier and had a handle. :lol: But other than that, I wouldn't say it was a waste of my money. I don't mind it....it's just too big for my hand. I don't feel like I really have control over it. :look:

Honi

There is no board.
I used this as a pre detangling step for DD 4b hair before washing. Used globs of cheap condish on dry hair and TT it thru. Nice! I also used it on her hair as a chaser after flat ironing. Waited for the hair to cool at first of course. Got all the nooks and crannies.

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I bought one recently and have used it on all of my clients, natural and relaxed, it is a true time saver. I use it on my hair and my daughters. It just glides through.
This is my new best friend. LOL I am going to buy a few more once Sally's gets them back into stock!

JustDoIt

So I finally tried this thing ... and after all the hype I'm a little scared at how much hair came out for me.
It detangled my hair very quickly so I was really happy with that. However I looked and saw small broken hairs in the brush when I was finished... so I'm a bit skeptical. I usually finger detangle after washing... it could be that I don't get out all the shed hair but I only detangled the back of my hair...and I got a small sized ball..
I did it on dry hair because I never put a brush in my hair when it is wet.. it gets too brittle but I may try on a small section of my hair to see what happens..

So I've confirmed unfortunately this is not for me... it pulls out all my hair... I'm so sad after reading all the great reviews. I gave it a chance but I ended up with a large wad of hair.. so for me it's not worth it.

Last edited:

HennaRo

Has anyone noticed that after a couple of uses your hair gets less tangled? Maybe it's my imagination lol.

virtuenow

Has anyone noticed that after a couple of uses your hair gets less tangled? Maybe it's my imagination lol.

Yes, I used to spend 4hrs detangling (see my recent thread history); but since I got the TT I actually don't detangle at all any more. Strange huh? After I wash--no tangles. The TT just glides right thru

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:

celiabug

I just bought this today.. it works soooooooo great! I freakin love it already. My friend was like "its just a brush" but she doesn't understand how hard it was for me to detangle my hair! Lol

Evolving78

Yes, I used to spend 4hrs detangling (see my recent thread history); but since I got the TT I actually don't detangle at all any more. Strange huh? After I wash--no tangles. The TT just glides right thru

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

why would it take you 4 hours?

virtuenow

why would it take you 4 hours?

Because I was finger detangling. The longer n thicker my hair got, the more difficult it ws to. Detangle w/o ripping out all my hair in wide comb or brush. I ws being very careful; but I think my sessions were tooo long n heavy handed so I ws still pulling strands out. See my prev post- I learned I'm not the only one who took this long. Sera takes 10-12:rs I think! Thhats 4b for ya!

Evolving78

Because I was finger detangling. The longer n thicker my hair got, the more difficult it ws to. Detangle w/o ripping out all my hair in wide comb or brush. I ws being very careful; but I think my sessions were tooo long n heavy handed so I ws still pulling strands out. See my prev post- I learned I'm not the only one who took this long. Sera takes 10-12:rs I think! Thhats 4b for ya!

wow! do you think it was a product that you were using that caused a lot of tangling and matting? did you detangle before washing, and did you wash in sections?

i'm sorry i'm asking a lot of questions, that just sounds very stressful. that would have made me cut me hair! i'm glad you found something that helps now.

virtuenow

wow! do you think it was a product that you were using that caused a lot of tangling and matting? did you detangle before washing, and did you wash in sections?

i'm sorry i'm asking a lot of questions, that just sounds very stressful. that would have made me cut me hair! i'm glad you found something that helps now.

Yes & no. My texture caused a lot of the tangling. It is very kinky hard and dry-with high shrinkage-- so it naturally wraps around itself. No amount of product would truly soften my hair. So I guess ucan say it was also product related. I knew I was going tto have to do smthg soonn if I didn't figure out this detangling problem. I thought about relaxer, cutting, or being a life long weave wearer like some people.
I always wash in twists or braids and used to detangle pre wash usually.

The TT is only part of the resolution. I also just discovered oil rinses which are the first product to ever make my hair feel soft n moist! It has aided greatly in my detangling victory (thank u Jesus)!

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies

Me too! I think I'm experiencing this because before using the Tangle Teezer, I never thoroughly detangled my hair. Like I would comb through a section and still feel some tangles as I twisted. But I was too lazy to go back and truly detangle. Now, the Tangle Teezer gets all my tangles out the first time.

Honi

There is no board.
Yes & no. My texture caused a lot of the tangling. It is very kinky hard and dry-with high shrinkage-- so it naturally wraps around itself. No amount of product would truly soften my hair. So I guess ucan say it was also product related. I knew I was going tto have to do smthg soonn if I didn't figure out this detangling problem. I thought about relaxer, cutting, or being a life long weave wearer like some people.
I always wash in twists or braids and used to detangle pre wash usually.

The TT is only part of the resolution. I also just discovered oil rinses which are the first product to ever make my hair feel soft n moist! It has aided greatly in my detangling victory (thank u Jesus)!

:yep: also with 4b hair it would mat something awful. If you wanted to save your hair before discovering the TT you would have to stop and manually pick at them and not really get it completely sometimes.

@virtuenow, which oil (s) do you use for your oil rinses?

virtuenow

:yep: also with 4b hair it would mat something awful. If you wanted to save your hair before discovering the TT you would have to stop and manually pick at them and not really get it completely sometimes.

@virtuenow, which oil (s) do you use for your oil rinses?
Yeah it ws either fingers (n pullout hair) or reg comb and tear out hair!
I use castor oil only and I'm in love. I bought the castor oil back abt 6mo
Ago and didn't kn what to do w/it hairwise. I started doing oil clensing on my face and ggot the best clensing., makeup remover and softener for skin. I kept wishing there was smth similar I could do w/the. Castor oil for my hair. I was just introduced to oil rinsing and knew right away id use my castor oil!

What kind do you use?

Last edited:

EbonyEyes

Ladies! The tangle teezer has changed my life! I am no longer the same!!!

So now I recognize two phases of my life:

Life B.T.T. (Life Before Tangle Teezer) and Life A.T.T. (Life After Tangle Teezer)

I have fine, natural 4A strands but I have A LOT of strands so my hair is very dense. My hair is almost BSL. I love my hair dearly but because I have so many tightly-curled strands, my hair does tangle somewhat easily.

Life B.T.T.
(Life Before Tangle Teezer)
Medium-sized twists that I had in my hair for three weeks would take about 3 hours to un-twist and detangle. Half of my Saturday would be dedicated to my hair because of this.

Life A.T.T.
(Life After Tangle Teezer)
Today, I had medium-sized twists that had been in my hair for three weeks. I only used the tangle teezer to detangle. It took me only 1.25 hours to un-twist and detangle!!!! That's a 60% decrease! I was in shock! And I experienced ZERO pain! And when the tangle teezer finished detangling a section of my hair, that section was so smooth and shiny! I was in bit of disbelief so I took a comb through my hair and the comb glided through! And I don't have glide-through type hair! And a bonus: I lost approximately 1/3 less hair than I normally do during the detangling session!

I was so happy that I was jumping up and down in my room and doing little dances! I even called my cousin and begged her to go to Sallys and pick this tool up for her natural hair. I swear that if the makers of the Tangle Teezer asked me, I would happily be a spokesperson!!!

Thank you LHCF ladies for bringing this amazing tool to my attention! I admit that I was skeptical at first but now I'm a BELIEVER!

FindingMe

Ladies! The tangle teezer has changed my life! I am no longer the same!!!

So now I recognize two phases of my life:

Life B.T.T. (Life Before Tangle Teezer) and Life A.T.T. (Life After Tangle Teezer)

I have fine, natural 4A strands but I have A LOT of strands so my hair is very dense. My hair is almost BSL. I love my hair dearly but because I have so many tightly-curled strands, my hair does tangle somewhat easily.

Life B.T.T. (Life Before Tangle Teezer)
Medium-sized twists that I had in my hair for three weeks would take about 3 hours to un-twist and detangle. Half of my Saturday would be dedicated to my hair because of this.

Life A.T.T. (Life After Tangle Teezer)
Today, I had medium-sized twists that had been in my hair for three weeks. I only used the tangle teezer to detangle. It took me only 1.25 hours to un-twist and detangle!!!! That's a 60% decrease! I was in shock! And I experienced ZERO pain! And when the tangle teezer finished detangling a section of my hair, that section was so smooth and shiny! I was in bit of disbelief so I took a comb through my hair and the comb glided through! And I don't have glide-through type hair! And a bonus: I lost approximately 1/3 less hair than I normally do during the detangling session!

I was so happy that I was jumping up and down in my room and doing little dances! I even called my cousin and begged her to go to Sallys and pick this tool up for her natural hair. I swear that if the makers of the Tangle Teezer asked me, I would happily be a spokesperson!!!

Thank you LHCF ladies for bringing this amazing tool to my attention! I admit that I was skeptical at first but now I'm a BELIEVER!

:lachen:Girl, you got me over here jumping...:rofl: your hair sounds like my DD's hair and believe me I danced a jig after we did took down her 2 week old braids and she didn't cry and it took less time....:drunk:

Honi

There is no board.
I haven't started oil rinsing my daughters hair yet. Didn't know which one to use. Castor oil sounds great. I'll try that one first. Thanks!

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Demi27

I was praising the TT in the children's forum (I don't know why since I don't have kids), but this product worked a miracle on my hair. I love it.

MzPrince

I just got mine. Idk about this the bristles scare me. I hope I like it, I'll try it next month when I take my weave down.

I just left Sally's and saw what I thought was the TT but when I saw the bristles I thought this couldn't be the brush the ladies are recommending. Is this brush a then brush with different lengths of bristles? I want to get it but I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Help Please!!!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just left Sally's and saw what I thought was the TT but when I saw the bristles I thought this couldn't be the brush the ladies are recommending. Is this brush a then brush with different lengths of bristles? I want to get it but I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Help Please!!!

That was the right thing! Trust, its a good product. I NEVER buy two of anything and I got a backup of that. :lol:

The bristles are soft tho and you will have to get used the "sound" but when you see how little hair comes out, you will be convinced.

EbonyEyes

Here is a picture of the tangle teezer:

It comes in different colors - I believe black, pink, blue, and green. The tangle teezer will be in a clear box with a man's face on the box (the creator).

aa9746

It takes me this long too, i started finger detangling because of sera. i might give this teezer a try.

HennaRo

That sound is very scarry, but it does wonders. Using under the shower curls my hair right up. I'm gonna get another one because I have the black one(silly me) and I can't see how much hair comes out lol. I want the pearly blue one!

lydc

I was very skeptical of this product but I tried it first with dry hair with a braid out in which the results were good and then with wet hair with conditioner. I am in love!!!!! I went to the store yesterday and grabbed two more.

Gross Story: When walking into the Sally's yesterday, I asked these two sales associates for the teezer. They had no clue as to what I was referring to and I kept saying Tangle Teezer, it comes in a box, the response: no nooo the only thing that we have in the box is the denman, are you sure you picked it up from a Sally's. Finally I saw a sign that said Tangle Teezer and I'm like THIS is what I'm looking for. The ladies go OHHHHHHHHHHHH ok we have that, here it is. So one associate takes me to where they keep it (side note: why do they keep the teezer in a separate section from the brushes, I've gone to two sally's and the results are always the same it's weird) and so the associate (spanish lady) asks me about the Teezer and how I liked it. She then proceeds to take a teezer out of the box and brush her hair with it. :blush::nono::perplexed:ohwell:

The extremely gross part of the story is that she put it back in the box and back on the rack.