Taking out Braids

toinette

Tricking the president
OK y'all. I'm going to be taking my braids out on sunday after 8 weeks. I am going to be nome (nyc) in the next two weeks and either wan to put braids back in or do cornrows. We'll see how i feel after i take these suckers out. My question is, what are the steps i should take to prep my hair for more braids/cornrows. how long should i wait? what do i do to my hair the first wash out of braids (i.e. deep condition, protein)? TIA

KathyMay

I would deep condition and use a protein treatment. I normally use Elasta QP breakage serum before I put braids in my hair again

cutebajangirl

I'm in the process of taking out my braids right now. I first saturated the braids with Pink Oil to get rid of some of the dryness. (I wanted to use Take Down Creme but it didn't get here in time). Then I conditioned with V05 Honey and Almond, then I washed with Paul Mitchell Shampopo Two, then with Optimum Care Neutralizing and Decalcifying shampoo then with NTM poo. Next I will use DRC 28, then Penetraitt then Biolage Ultra hydrating. Then I will flat iron the roots and get it braided again tomorrow morning. HTH.

cutebajangirl

No I wasn't so I ordered three online. Also a site I called said the creme is discontinued so I figured that may have been I didn't see it in the Bronx. Do you know of any stores that carry it?

Nice

cutebajangirl said:
No I wasn't so I ordered three online. Also a site I called said the creme is discontinued so I figured that may have been I didn't see it in the Bronx. Do you know of any stores that carry it?
Actually I don't but I was hoping to be able to find it in a BSS.