Surge burned my scalp!!

BrownSkin2

I've been using Surge Revitalizer 14 and the woojee cream for the last 2 1/2 weeks on my hairline and nape area only, twice a day. I had been spraying it on my scalp and using the woojee cream as a moisturizer on my hair and rubbing it into my scalp, and then going back about 15 minutes later to apply castor oil over where I sprayed the surge. Well Monday I noticed dark dry burn marks and some flaking along my hairline and felt them on my nape. Sometimes it itches and burn throughout the day, especially the nape area. So I would shampoo and condition and do my routine over and oil the scalp. That would help.

Well this past Monday, I noticed dark dry burn marks and flaking along my hairline and nape area. I got alarmed and quit using it. I immediately applied aloe vera gel and oiled the area. That has seemed to help but the marks are still there and still flaking. I'm wondering is this how this product works? Anyone else experience this? What should I do to my scalp at this point? Ladies please share advice..

Keen

If you do a search on surge you will find out that many ladies stop using it because of scalp problems. I had to stop using it. The first bottle did not do anything to me because I added some rosemarie essential oil to it. I ran out of essential oil so I started using it by itself and it tore up my scalp in no time. I stop using it before it did any real damage because I knew some of the ladies here were experiencing the same problem.

Stop using the product and keep using the aloe until your scalp is healed. Rosemarie did a great job healing my scalp.

sareca

I use Surge 2X/day and I've never had a problem. Some ladies here got around the problem by diluting Surge w/ water or applying your favorite oil before surge 14. I think the bottle actually says to apply an oil to your scalp if it's sensitive. :confused:

asiaticlily

I'm sorry to hear that. I was using Surge 14 twice a day and never had that problem but I did add some Castor oil to my Surge 14.

Last edited:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Sorry about the salp problems. I think pure aloe will help you heal.

I find that the best thing to use with Surge is Castor oil or Wild Growth Oil. Once I started using the two together no scalp irritation. I also agree with the poster that said to wash frequently. I think it may even be on the bottle. I wash every 3 days without exception so that may be what saved my scalp.

Bosslady1

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I found that if you are not a frequent washer or rinser, Surge will build up and burn.

I agree. I have been using surge 14 for 3 months now and my scalp is fine. I wash my hair 2x a week though. The woojee cream I just started using it as a leave in. It works great on 10 weeks post relaxer hair.

planters

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I usually mix mine with water or a regular conditioner.