May have spoken too quickly on surge

bimbabe

I washed my hair Saturday night. Why is it only Monday and I have these huge flakes of dry scalp all over my head
. HUGE brown flakes -thought I had a bug on my shirt.
Whenever I use surge on my hairline I make sure to follow up with a moisturizer or oil.
And I know its the surge that has me flaking and itching because its the only new thing in my regimine and the flakes are concentrated where I use the product.

Advice needed.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Follow up with some sort of moisturizer, I use a concontion of Mango Butter, Wojee, Salerm and WGO.... and spray lightly no need to drench your hair and scalp with the stuff, because a little seems to go a long way.

M_BYRON_M

I think im going to have the same problem with Surge ..As my hair is in kanerows i cant see all my scalp but i can fell certain areas and its not normal atall..also my hair seems to be addicted to surge and I've only used it for 4 days after about 6 hours without surge my hair feels tight like ive just got my hair done and i try every product to soothe the pain but it only feels better when i use more surge I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem .

debyjay

I have a few bottles of this stuff that I am seriously considering giving away. I raved so much about it that my b/f went out and got me quite a few. Now I don't have the heart to tell him.

chanou

I've been using surge for the past month- I noticed some irritation in the back of neck and also a very itchy scalp after using it for a week. I added some castor oil to the bottle and continued to spray Surge on my scalp twice a day- I put in my braids on the 30th of April and as of today My hair as grown one full inch- I measured from the scalp to where the braid extension start.

I think if you add oil to the surge formula 14-, it might alleviate the side effects-

DahomeyAhosi

I had the exact same issue when I sprayed twice a day. Now I only spray once and the flakes are gone so I agree with the poster who said a little goes a long way. However I only wash once a week. If I washed more often (as the bottle suggests) I probably wouldn't have these issues.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
To follow up what everyone said, spraying lightly is important and using maybe a heavier product like an oil or butter is better than just moisturizer

But I've been using Surge to get the top and around my hairline to fill out. It's been working better with me spraying a couple of squirts of Surge in my hand and then adding 3 or 4 drops of WGO and mixing it right in my hand then putting it on my sides. Good luck, I think it is a good product but some may need more oil with it than others.

bimbabe

I think you all are right.
Surge is meant to be used with the power wash shampoo, the woojee cream and lotion motion. If used alone it may be too drying. I may also be using too much so i will cut down to once a day spraying.

Thx

LABETT

I spray my hair and scalp twice a day with surge with no problems and I follow up with Sta So Fro,Castor oil or Woojee Cream I had not tried the Surge Shampoo yet.