Super Strength Relaxers

Babychoc

Are there any relaxed ladies here that use super relaxers instead of mild/regular? I have been using regular strength relaxers and it just doesn't seem to get my hair as straight as I would like. Have anyone experienced any problems while using super? Thanks.

Nanyanika

Macherieamour uses Affirm super strength relaxer, she has beautiful, healthy and thick midback length hair. her site is www.healthytextures.com

sydney100

I have been using super relaxers for the last ten years. When I was going to the beauty shop my beautician started relaxing me with the super affirm. ..the regular relaxers were not straigtening my hair and as a result it would be underprocessed and break off. I haven't had one problem using a super in ten years. I self relax now using super CON and I have been self relaxing for about six years. My hair healthy and growing.

grownnsexy

I've also used super strength for as long as I can remember, and I've never had problems. My hair is thick and the super relaxers help tame it :hair:.

My last super relaxer was ORS. I also just started adding olive oil to it (tip from LHCF'ers :happydance:)

HTH

Babychoc

I went to the BSS today and purchased a Gentle Treatment no lye super relaxer. I will be relaxing this weekend. I CANNOT wait! Thanks everyone.

LongHairDreams

When I was relaxed and started using a relaxer, I started out with regular. It didn't do anything because my hair was so thick. I had to go to super. I had no problems. But as I got older...mid twenties....I had to go to regular because the super was to strong. It was like my hair changed, its not as thick as it used to be. Im natural now.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
When I was relaxed and started using a relaxer, I started out with regular. It didn't do anything because my hair was so thick. I had to go to super. I had no problems. But as I got older...mid twenties....I had to go to regular because the super was to strong. It was like my hair changed, its not as thick as it used to be. Im natural now.

This is exactly what happened to me. When I was younger, I used to have hair that was so thick and unruly, only a super would tame it. But as I got older, my hair started thinning and I had to switch to regular too. The super relaxers were thinning my hair out like mad because they were too strong.

I now use a super-strength relaxer(Hawaiian Silky). I had a lot of breakage due to underprocessed hair last year. When I finally decided to start using a super, I just wanted to get something cheap since I was convinced that most relaxers are the same (aside from the difference in strength). Now my hair comes out straight and so far I haven't had any problems. I've used a super relaxer for my last two touch-ups.