Summer Bun Challenge

KERC1974

Relaxed in mid August and have been bunning both on wet and dry hair ever since..

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Check in, I'm still bunning and getting good results. Tomorrow is wash day so I'm in the process of doing an overnight pre-poo with oils, also doing a protein treatment and back to the bun I go.

Pennefeather

Still bunning away. I haven't missed a day since we started. Love the fact that it takes just a couple of minutes in the morning.

I think that I probably need to cut back on my LOC though. I use my leave-in at night, add a small amount of coconut oil, and then a dab of Annabelle's creme. When I take my hair down in the morning, it is pretty common for it to be a little damp. Then I spray it again, add a small amount of oil, put more Annabelle's on and bun.

I'm not sure that it is good for my hair to be damp for so long. It's not dripping wet, but that ends are definitely damp. On the other hand, it has been growing - I attribute that to low manipulation and Green Magic.

krissyhair

I don't have any challenge specific growth pictures, but I do have these that I'm about to post. I'm posting a week before the challenge ends cause I know I won't take any when we're all done.

The first one is December 2013. The second is September 2014

2013-12-15 14.07.17.jpg

20140829_151358.jpg

bluenvy

Last day of summer bun challenge. I started this challenge grazing apl, now a little past apl. I'm happy with that. Here's my update pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 97

krissyhair

Thanks for your update pic bluenvy

To celebrate my last day of summer, and my last day of the challenge, I wore a bun to school today, but cowashed at the end of the day for a perfect wash and go tomorrow.

Funmi333

Is anyone interested in starting up again for summer 2015!? I am already hitting it with the cowashing and bunning. I got a new summer job, and will probably wear a bun most days to work.

Whadya say?

I would join. I started up bunning this week and I plan on keeping it up at least until July when I take my board exams. I just have to get the cowashing part together

MzOptimistic

I bun anyway so I'm in. I just need to find other bun styles because I'm getting tired of wearing the same one. Although, I'm going to wear it until I find other styles lol.

krissyhair

Sorry I've been up in every other hair thread except this one.

We should start on first official day of summer in June, and go until the last official day in September.

I'm not going to start a new thread, because all of the ancient bunning master secrets are in here.

I will clean this thread up and page all of last year's participants to see if they want to join.

mshoneyfly

Is anyone interested in starting up again for summer 2015!? I am already hitting it with the cowashing and bunning. I got a new summer job, and will probably wear a bun most days to work.

Whadya say?

I want to join. I've been wearing a faux high bun made with remy jerry curl tracks and a donut bun maker. Is this allowed for the challenge?

Please tag me when the challenge starts

krissyhair

Before we begin, I want some of your input.

Please PM any suggestions to change the rules or setup of the challenge to make it better for 2015.

prettybyrd

I'm in! I fell off after I moved last summer, but this summer my class schedule is light and my hair in need of some TLC. I will be using the same regimen as last year. I will find and repost my old regimen.

Hey! I'm in. :)

Level
Star level - I bun for work everyday now.

Starting length
SL on my way to APL
APL on my way to BSL

End of challenge goal
I would like to gain three inches of growth.

Regimen
Daily
Dampen hair
M/S
Gel edges
Bun

Weekly
Cleanse
DC
Detangle
M/S
Gel edges
Bun

Reason for joining
I workout everyday. I need a low manipulation style that I can rinse often.

Plus, I was reading the "Great-Grandma's Regimen" thread last night and I think that this challenge matches what a lot of ladies said their GG's regimens were like. I'm ready for my WL hair! :)

Last edited:

krissyhair

I'm actually excited to cowash and bun this summer.

I'm going to try to not worry about my hair and focus on other areas of life.

Wearing a bun will hopefully take some focus away from my hair.

I want to become a better writer this summer. I want to save money, and look for deals when I need something new. I want to stop being a homebody, get more confidence, and work really hard at my summer job.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm ready to start bunning. I bought a new headband (I have dozens) and a bun maker. I also have a hairagami, a ponytailer, claw clips, butterlfly clips and spin pins.