STYLIST CUT ALL MY HAIR OFF

LiqueXX

I am sorry about what your stylist did, that was uncalled for. He should have asked you how much hair you wanted trimmed off. The fact that he took the decision to do a major cut into his own hands and then try to justify his actions is enough reason to drop him.
I agree that you can trim your own hair. It is not hard, I do it all the time. The way I do it is take sections of my hair, put it up to some light and just trim the split ends. Every now and then I will trim (less than a 1/2 inch) the back so that it looks neat.

Atlantatiffany,
Sorry to hear about what happened to you. The same thing has happened to others also. Perhaps stylists should be required to sign a statement prior to cutting/trimming hair promising not to cut more than "X" amount of hair as requested by the customer. Then, if they cut/trim more than they are supposed to, don't
----sue it instead!

NGC

[ QUOTE ]
atlantatiffany said:
actually i did see him cutting my hair but my hair was long i didn't see how short he was cutting it. i thought he as just doing a trim. he has given me a relaxer 5 times. so i really didn't think much about it.

ngc how do i pm u?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heya!

I think if you look at the top of your page you'll see a link called my home. When you click on that you should see an envelope flashing . That's were the pms are
(I think
).

I will call my SIL tomorrow and get details

atlantatiffany

ladies thank u so much for all of your help. i really do feel better. i will remember that it is just hair and it will grow back. i am going to have a talk with the stylist but i will not be using him again. once again thanks for everything. u ladies have always inspired me. with all the help i get from here i know i will reach my goal again. i do most of my styling i just need someone to do my relaxer.

chewy

I swear, the more I read about these horror stories I'm almost certain that when I do see a stylist for a TRIM, I'm going to bring a ruler with me so we can both look at it and agree to how much I want cut off. I feel for ya atlantatiffany, I really do. I too was a victim over 20 years ago, and if I knew then what I know now, I'd probably still be in jail for murder of stylist.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
[ QUOTE ]
atlantatiffany said:
actually i did see him cutting my hair but my hair was long i didn't see how short he was cutting it. i thought he as just doing a trim. he has given me a relaxer 5 times. so i really didn't think much about it.

ngc how do i pm u?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heya!

I think if you look at the top of your page you'll see a link called my home. When you click on that you should see an envelope flashing . That's were the pms are
(I think
).

I will call my SIL tomorrow and get details

[/ QUOTE ]

Butting in...
You can also click on a member's name (in this case, NGC's, which is right above yours). It will take you to a page where, at the bottom, you can "Send a PM to this member" (or similar wording). When you're done, it will return you to the thread you were reading. Pretty neat. Ok, now I'm butting out!

diamondlady

Atlantatiffany,

I just had the same experience on December 8th. I was a little luckier than you, she only cut off 3 months growth. I was so upset,
I was telling everybody and I'm just getting over it. My sister said she would have been crying. I think if I were you, I would have been crying, and praying for him, because I think I would have HAD TO hurt the man
if he cut off a year's growth.

Give it time, and you'll adjust to the new length, and get over the betrayal. That's what it was you know. I even manage to find a positive in that my hair look thicker since she cut it.

One trick they play is to cut little bits off and then go back and cut a little more in the same place. This is why I didn't realize how much she was cutting. You only see small pieces falling.

G

An all to familiar scenario. I know how you feel been there done that.

I bet if people start suing, that would stop that mess.

phynestone

Diamondlady-

Oh my God! I can't believe stylists actually do that. From now on, I will try my hardest not to let any stylist do that with me. It's so hard to get someone you actually trust to trim your hair.

miss_brown

Atltiff, big hugs to you

I can only imagine how horrible you feel.

Honestly, I could never trust this fool again. If he was a real friend he wouldn't have chopped your hair without discussing it with you first. I do think, however, that you should discuss your problems with the "trim" with him so that he can know why you will no longer be patronizing him. (Hey, as another poster said, you may be able to get some compensatory services if you complain long enough - please no chemicals or trims, just stick with wash n' sets).

Good luck with everything and please keep us posted

pooh123

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you.
I can relate to your experience. You will just have to decide whether or not you want to go back to him for the trims.
If I were you I would not return to that butcher. He didn't even discuss with you what he'd planned on doing. He just did what he wanted. I know you are devastated but please hang in there and know that your hair will grow back. Someone from the board in your area should recommend a stylist for you soon!
Please keep us posted on your progress.

pooh123

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I believe alot of these stylist are haters. They see how nice your hair is coming along and have to mess things up. I know it is hard but your hair will grow back. Stay away from this stylist!!!!

Karonica

Don't feel bad atlantatiffany. I've had this happen to me recently, and one thing I've learned is that for now on, I have to start being strict (or really nasty, depending on their attitude) with these stylists who chop my hair without discussing it with me first, or who persist in me doing something I don't want to do. Never again!

prettyblac

I'm sorry girl I know how you feel I went to this stylist for a cut and she cut like 5 inches all around the front and sides and jacked my hair up she wanted to cut the back I was like NO! and I argued with her for an 1 hour needless to say I did not go back. I know the feeling when you put alot of hard work into your hair and to have someone chop it just look on the bright side you know how to care for your hair so it will be a snap to get back that length maybe your hair is like hairlove she went from bra strap to shoulder length and it is beautiful I'm sure yours is too! Don't go back to that stylist and don't let anyone trim or cut your hair learn to do it yourself and that way you don't have to trust anyone but you to cut your hair and you know you are going to do what's best for you! happy hair growing!

slwe415

I'm so sorry to hear that! That happened to me a few years ago. I decided to try a new stylist that my friend went to and I wanted my hair trimmed only around my face in layers. She parted my hair from ear to ear and just cut the top part of my hair straight across. It was a disaster!!!
I never went to her again!

Kitkat

Tiffany, my sister goes to Salon Pennae on Wesley Chapel Road in Decatur and her hair looks really great. Her stylist is Erica. She has to ask Erica to trim her hair because Erica hates cutting, and she gives trims, not cuts. She has even asked Erica to give her bangs and Erica talked her out of it because she doesn't want to cut.

I don't have the number for Salon Pennae but I'm sure they're listed. Wesley Chapel Road is off I-20. I hope this helps you out.

mkh_77

Hi Tiffany! You should try M Anthony. There are two stylists there, Kyna and Tracy, and both are very good. They are on Roswell Road a few miles before the 285 exit going toward Sandy Springs (if you were coming from Buckhead). Good luck!

jainygirl

say tiffany, please list his name and the name of his shop so that the rest of us ladies in the ATL will know to avoid his tired *** if we get the itch to go to get our own hair done in the future. I get so tired of hearing about this ish with these slow *** stylists
somebody needs to call these stylists on what type of math they use when they "trim" peoples hair. seems like every fool that got an "F" in units of measurement decides to become a beautician. and another thing, alot of these "styles" that they come up with that they think are so fiya aint even all that (snap)---i'm just pissed right now hearing about this, sorry if it shows too much But seriously i know we have a forum for shop reccomendations but we seriously need to consider starting a pinned post of shops and stylists to seriously avoid. including their names, the names of the shops and the pictures from the scene of the crime (the picture of the person's hair they jacked up) i am just really hot over this
-- sorry ladies ---jainygirl

atlantatiffany

ladies thanks for everything and i am going to try one of these stylist u have recommended. the guy's names is dexter and he works at the salon in ulta in buckhead. i am a keyholder on the store side so that is how i have known him for so long. anyway say away from him and his scissors. thanks

Dutchess

I can honestly say that I know how you feel it happened to me years ago. I had worn braids for a year and my hair was the longest its ever been. I was soooo excited to be getting my hair done professionally. The trim was actually a cut and I could feel that she was cutting too much, but I sat in silence. I was so very hurt and disappointed. I don't go to the salon anymore, but if I ever found a good beautician, we would have a consultation first and I would explain exactly what I expect. The only person I let snip my ends is my man because I taught him. My hair has been growing better without trims than with trims because I take care of my ends. I don't mind that my hair isn't perfectly horizontal, if I don't have split ends I don't cut my hair. You have the tools now for growing your hair so please don't be too sad. Just remember how you feel now when someone tells you they want to trim your hair again.