Stretching Relaxers is DA BomB! My hair is Blinging.

janeemat

Ladies, thank you, thank you thank you! I'm just sooo excited about my 12 wk stretch since I got my relaxer today. My hair is like a full new head of hair. I was a little worried if you remember in another post on how my stylist would handle all of the ng and thought that he was upset with me because I had not been to him in 12wks. To say the least, he was his normal cordial self. He told me how good and healthy my hair was and even bragged about the length. This was also my first time back to him since this scissor happy witch cut 2in in Dec. I just told him that I had a friend cut it on purpose to even things up to keep the drama down. I could have almost apl now after this stretch. Back to my point. Stretching is the best thing that has EVER happened to my hair. This has totally turned my hair around. I'm just shocked over the thickness and how much length I gained. I took my coffee bean colourshines with me and he used it on my hair without a problem. If you have never stretched your relaxer, do it. I owe it all to you ladies that stretch that share your tips on how to handle the two different textures. I will definitely be doing another 12 wk stretch or 14 wk. I wish I had found you ladies 2 years ago. My hair would be down to my but now instead of my shoulders. I hate that I don't have pics. My husband has a digital camera that I know nothing about. I'm just going to have to get it out, play with it and figure out how to down load pics and stuff. You ladies are the best!

thiccknlong

:yay: Glad to hear things are workin out 4 ya ! I started text laxing...and I stretch sometimes also, I just listen to my hair to determine when to relax. And I to have much thicker hair. I also clipped bad ends off over about 4 months and I to have a new head of hair.

Happy happy !

tricie

Congrats, girl!

Get those photos up once you figure out that camera! :D I hope to get to 10 or 12 weeks, but my ng doesn't play; hopefully with the great advice I've received here (braids, s-curl moisturizer, pre poos, MSM), I can make it! :)

planodiva

So glad you found a method that works for you. I stretch for 12-14 weeks and it truly does make a difference. My hair is creeping on armpit and I just can't wait.

HHG

Last edited:

Shea

I'm on week 12 now and my NG is so easy to handle with deep conditoning Scurl spray and of course braiding hopefully I can stretch to June. Streching is the best. When I used to relax eery 6 weeks to 8 weeks my hair ws medium but when I started to strech to 3 months it made a huge difference my hair was thicker and stronger.

MzOptimistic

Congratulations, I try to go 12 wks so far only got up to 10 wks. I can do it. I just start getting excited around 8 or 9 wks and want to relax. I'm doing it this time for real. I'm only 3 weeks post right now but I'm aiming for 12 wks. Congratulations again.:)

angie10

I'm happy for you girl, can't wait to see some pics. My hair did a total turn around also. I have been stretching for a year now, and I love doing that. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.:D

texasgrl

Yah!! I am so happy for you.I stretch 12 weeks as well and every relaxer I am shaking my head at all the new growth and heath I see:D .

Guyaneek

Good for you! :clapping: Stretching is the best ever! Great results but for me, it is hard at times. Keep up the good work and your results will continue!
HHG ;)

Empress Yahudah

Congratulations.. I started my first stretch as well im going for 12 weeks ,,i have another month ..my new growth is soft so ill def make it ..Congrats again :drunk:

CAPlush

yellagirl730 said:
Hi, pardon my ignorance to this "stretching" but how is it done. I am new to lhcf.

Stretching your relaxers just means that you wait a longer period of time between relaxers than you are accustomed to. If you are accustomed to relaxing every 6 weeks, then going 7 or more weeks between relaxers would be considered stretching.

bablou00

I feel ya girl. I enjoy looking forward to what Touch up day will bring. My hair has done a complete 360 since I have been on LHCF. My first stretch was 3mos and I just came off a 4mos stretch. Its a lot to handle during those months but it is well worth it.

yellagirl730

I guess I was asking how to do this, as it seems there would be some breakage between the new growth and the relaxed part

janeemat

bablou00 said:
I feel ya girl. I enjoy looking forward to what Touch up day will bring. My hair has done a complete 360 since I have been on LHCF. My first stretch was 3mos and I just came off a 4mos stretch. Its a lot to handle during those months but it is well worth it.

Your hair looks really good. I plan to push for couple of weeks longer, maybe 14 wks next. My hair is so much thicker.

Ms_Delikate

yellagirl730 said:
I guess I was asking how to do this, as it seems there would be some breakage between the new growth and the relaxed part

Well I am fairly new myself....but for me when I add S-curl to my new growth it gets soft enough to manage without breaking. The trick is to figure out how to keep the new growth soft and moisturized so that it does not break and to manipulate your hair as little as possible. HTH

IMFOCSD

Yes, Yes, Yes! I am in love with stretching now. I did my first stretch from november 11 to Feb 28 (not sure how many wks that is) and I could not believe how thick my hair has gotten. I will be stretching my relaxers from now on.

MizAvalon

Stretching is the bomb-diggity! When I first found this board I was relaxing at 8-10 weeks. Now I stretch for a minimum of 20 weeks. Last year my hairdresser told me that I shouldn't wait so long between relaxers. Um yeah, I listen to what my HAIR says, not anyone else.:lol:

ajoyfuljoy

I stretched for 13 weeks last time and I really liked it. I almost felt like I could have went longer. I like thinking that my scalp to go through that a lot less now. I used to relax every 6 weeks.