Stretching Relaxers is DA BomB! My hair is Blinging.

janeemat

Ladies, thank you, thank you thank you! I'm just sooo excited about my 12 wk stretch since I got my relaxer today. My hair is like a full new head of hair. I was a little worried if you remember in another post on how my stylist would handle all of the ng and thought that he was upset with me because I had not been to him in 12wks. To say the least, he was his normal cordial self. He told me how good and healthy my hair was and even bragged about the length. This was also my first time back to him since this scissor happy witch cut 2in in Dec. I just told him that I had a friend cut it on purpose to even things up to keep the drama down. I could have almost apl now after this stretch. Back to my point. Stretching is the best thing that has EVER happened to my hair. This has totally turned my hair around. I'm just shocked over the thickness and how much length I gained. I took my coffee bean colourshines with me and he used it on my hair without a problem. If you have never stretched your relaxer, do it. I owe it all to you ladies that stretch that share your tips on how to handle the two different textures. I will definitely be doing another 12 wk stretch or 14 wk. I wish I had found you ladies 2 years ago. My hair would be down to my but now instead of my shoulders. I hate that I don't have pics. My husband has a digital camera that I know nothing about. I'm just going to have to get it out, play with it and figure out how to down load pics and stuff. You ladies are the best!

Radianthealth

Congratulations!:)

I am stretching for 24 weeks trying to get my crown together. Hopefully My results will be as great as yours

janeemat

trimbride said:
Congratulations!:)

I am stretching for 24 weeks trying to get my crown together. Hopefully My results will be as great as yours

At 24 wks you will not reconize your hair. My husband looked at me and "dog your hair looks thick." I've always been the 4a/b thin fine hair girl.

bajanplums1

Wonderful!!! It is so exciting. Stretching got my hair to shoulder (along with no heat). I am hoping it will get me to armpit. Please post pics and more details about how you made it through--what styles/products?

janeemat

bajanplums1 said:
Wonderful!!! It is so exciting. Stretching got my hair to shoulder (along with no heat). I am hoping it will get me to armpit. Please post pics and more details about how you made it through--what styles/products?

When I get to my office tomorrow I will have a co worker take pics with her cell phone. I guess you can see I'm not into electronics, just hair. I purchased a new cell phone last year and still did not get one with a camera. But the biggest thing to help me is around 7-8 wks after I roller set, I press the ng with my ceramic iron. I'm in the hide your hair which I've cheated on the last couple of wks because of this stretch, not too bad. I did opt for low maintenance buns using a weft of hair and scrunchies. I always roller set (Wed and Sat) and then finger comb my hair in a bun. I constantly moisturized my edges and ends. I still have purchased any gel as other suggested. I used mainly leavin cond as my daily moisturizer. I will pm you tomorrow of products I used during this stretch.