Straw set for hair that hasnt had a relaxer in a while

2bmrspotts

I have not had a relaxer in MONTHS (Aug 07...I think) and I was considering getting a straw set. My hair is super thick and just below my shoulders
I normally like to wear my hair in a roller set so that you dont see the roots as much.

How do you think a straw set will do? Will it last as long as a roller set?

Also will this cause for a ton of tangles when its time to wash again?

balisi

A straw set should do just fine. You should have approx. 2 inches of new growth from your four month stretch. You most likely will have some tangles though, by the time you take it down. If you're not against it, a light misting of oil sheen every day or every other day should keep it from tangling excessively. As you wear your set, be prepared for some shrinkage.

moni_kerr

I had a straw set done for me back while I was transitioning. I hadnt had a relaxer in around the same time as you and my straw set came out great ! There was no difference between my natural roots and relaxed ends. It only lasted about a week and a half for me because I attracted moisture too it on accident lol but im pretty sure if you take care of it it can last 2-3 weeks. I don't remember having any tangle problems either. After I rinse in the shower and added contitioner my hair was pretty much tangle free after I ran my fingers threw it.

I'll upload a few pics when I get on my other computer if you like

Last edited: