Are there certain hairstyles you avoid due to the thickness or amount of your hair?

Lady S

I love straw sets. I think they look beautiful. I also have a lot of thick hair. Seriously, I have to buy tons of rollers to do roller sets. I have the feeling any straw set I wear will be in the form of a wig.

And sisterlocs? HA!

Anyone else avoiding hairstyles because of how thick/fine their hair is or how much or little there is?

kblc06

Re: Are there certain hairstyles you avoid due to the thickness or amount of your hai

It appears that my hair has apparently doubled or tripled in thickness....from whence it came, I know not. My hair was always dense, but it seems that I have more hairs per sq. inch now. Perhaps it's a side effect of combing less, and vitamins.

Anywho, I recently (as in 2 minutes ago) realized that doing a high ponytail or puff will become a very rare treat :look:. I think I just sprained my wrist trying to get my hair into a pony tail holder, and I popped 3 of them in the process (the black Goody ones)....I don't even want to think about manipulating it in its dry state. This didn't use to happen, and since I've prayed and did a rain dance for uber-thick hair like LynnieB and Amethyst, I'll just take it in strive. Oh and doing small single braids, sisterlocks, and minitwists are not an option, but especially since my ends tend to unravel anyway :ohwell:

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Re: Are there certain hairstyles you avoid due to the thickness or amount of your hai

Anything involving rollers. I had decided I would switch it up and went to the BSS and bought 8 packs of rollers. I ran out halfway through so I postponed my "switch". Went back to the BSS a couple of days later, and bought another 8 packs. I ran out again with a big chunk in the front left and I ran out of the little silver clasps to hold the rollers in place. I gave up. I could have doubled the amount of hair on each roller but it wouldn't have been right. My hair would have look like a bunch of post-buffet turds.

cocosweet

Really small braids (zillions). As much as I like them, I just don't have the time to do them and I really don't have the time to take them down (which takes twice as long).

I think anything involving extentions are about to be over for me too. I just can't be bothered anymore. I have hair I bought three months ago still in the bag unopened. Total waste of money.

Dposh167

--buns.
I don't do buns. I always add hair to do them cuz my hair is so thin.

--high messy buns or ponytails
I always keep them low. I can't do high ones cuz my ponytail already looks pitiful. It'll look like a bunch of strings on the top of my head

BlackMasterPiece

Straw sets....I absolutely heart them they were awesome 4 inches ago but doing them on myself now that I've passed MBL has gotten to be way too much....I only do them on others now:sad:

Otherwise....I'll pretty much do any style.

Pixie braids and mini twists might take me two days to do at this point but it buys me a month to a month and a half of wash and go hair....so its more then worth it in my book.

BillsBackerz67

Not anymore. If I have blunt hair then it becomes a probelm to do certain styles. Oh and If I wear a wng and try to pull it back into a pony, the holder can only go around once :lol:

Lady S

Straw sets....I absolutely heart them they were awesome 4 inches ago but doing them on myself now that I've passed MBL has gotten to be way too much....I only do them on others now:sad:

Otherwise....I'll pretty much do any style.

Pixie braids and mini twists might take me two days to do at this point but it buys me a month to a month and a half of wash and go hair....so its more then worth it in my book.

Your set in your sig just makes me even more envious. I'm going to have to put you on ignore until my insane jealousy subsides. :laugh:

Soliel185

I will never attempt a strawset. :nono:

I think mini twists are beautiful but the idea of taking those babies down makes my weep inside.

My hair is cut (and grows) in layers. I cannot for the life of me do a bun now that I'm fully natural. I just have hair popping out all over the place. :wallbash:

I haven't been able to use a banana clip yet, but I'm going to keep trying. I think I just needed a larger clip and wetter hair. :look:

BlackMasterPiece

/\ Oh girl, taking down mini twists is a sinch....all it is is two strands twirled around eachohter...you just grab the base near your scalp and pull both sides apart and bam before you know it, you're done! The takedown is wayyyy easier/quicker then putting em in:yep:........ Pixie braids are the ones that are annoying to take down.

detroitdiva

Your set in your sig just makes me even more envious. I'm going to have to put you on ignore until my insane jealousy subsides. :laugh:

I know girl! MBP has some gorgeous hair. So thick n lush.

I would love to wear bantu knots with more length. I need to be at least SL for them to look and fall right.

PistolWhip

ponytails b/c my hair is not long enough yet :D

krissyprissy

Pin straight hair! My hair is not as thick anymore due to thinning issues and it dont look good.

davisbr88

Ponytails... I have fine layered hair, so my ponytails always look like fountains... not cute.

Lady S

Shameless unapologetic bumb.

MAMATO

Wash n go... I look like Diana Ross in the 80s :) I really like her hairstyle, but on me it looks so crazy LOLOL