stopping sulphur from dripping

cyrealla

hi guys ive been applying sulfur to my scalp for a few days now and im getting fed up of the mixture dripping into my face and neck which ends up going on my clothes i even tried wearing a shower cap but it still seeps through, i am also scared of the mixture getting into my eyes. do you guys have the same experience or is this just happening to me if so how do you stop or reduce the drips I really do not want to give up on my sulfur :nono:

EllePixie

It sounds like you are applying too much. I just run my applicator tip throughout my scalp then massage my head to rub it in as much as possible. Sometimes I get drips but nothing excessive.

Last edited:

MizzBrown

I dont even bother with the applicator tip when applying oils for this reason.

It's wasteful too because the oil is obviously not being absorbed into your scalp.

I pour some OUT the bottle and then I use a small paintbrush that I use solely for oiling/greasin' my scalp and dip it in the oil and then use the paintbrush to literally paint my scalp with the oil.

Only time I use oils straight from the bottle w/ applicator is for a pre-poo b/c I want the oil to be slathered on my scalp and hair to help detangle and treat hair right before washing it.

NaturalBoss

I don't have the dripping problem, but I think it's because my hair is way too thick and the oil gets trapped in there like a jungle. Also, I use an applicator bottle, but I don't squirt out a whole bunch. Maybe the hole on your applicator bottle is too big??? Like EllePixie mentioned, I may have a drip every now and then, but nothing major.

QueenFee

apply in small amounts and rub it in, go to the beauty supply store and get a bottle with a smaller tip

Missjae09

I had a problem with the drips.. I just try not to squeeze the bottle too hard. using the applicator, it feels like not much is coming out but you have to remember it's oil so it's going to "run" so I squeeze a little in a few areas and massage my scalp to spread it over my scalp.

baglady215

I plan to make a butter with some shea butter and castor oil. I also find that it absorbs better on damp hair. Good luck!

bride91501

^^Co-signing this. I posted my new batch recipe in the sulfur thread, but I'll post it here again:

-1 oz melted shea butter, 1 oz melted coconut oil, 2 oz of mixed oils & 1 teaspoon of sulfur.

After mixing this up well and putting it in the freezer for about 10 minutes so it could set, I now have a great sulfur butter that doesn't drip at all.

HTH

coco8257

I mix my mtg with conditioner I use about a half a bottle to a bottle of sauve or vo5. but you have to shake it up really good every time you use it because the oil separates from the water in the conditioner. I also use a small 1.8oz bottle with a tiny opening when I apply so I don't use to much.

reeko43

I squeeze some of my mixture into a bowl, take a hair dye brush, dip only the end of it in the mixture and dab along parts in my hair. When done, I massage my scalp. Doesn't take long at all and I get no drips. This also keeps me from wasting my sulfur mix.