Black Neck...Is this something that everyone gets from using Sulphur products?

Xavier

Well I tired to mix my own sulphur base product and the result of the oil running down my neck yielded an itchy neck that eventually turned into unslightly black vein like lines all over my neck and shoulders. My skin was also very taunt(sp) and excessively dry.
Was this an allergic reaction?

Does this happen to everyone who uses sulphur base products?

How long does it usually take to clear up?

Is there some type of oinment or cream that helps treat this?

And is my description above what people mean when they say MTG/BT/Sulpur concoction gave them a black neck?

For the winter it was not that bad since I wore turtle necks that could hide the side effects, but in the summer while I'm sport my nice summer spaghetti strap dress...NO WAY:perplexed

That is why I am hestitant about purchasing BT, I'm scared it took forever for my neck to get back to normal.

In my experience, BT has never run down my neck, so I've never experienced anything like what you've described. A little goes a long way.

I thought I read in an early thread that it did turn someones neck black.... or was it the jewelry?

Another reason why I will not use a sulphur product (again, except sulphur 8 grease). This thread just confirmed it to me.

That is so not hot either. :nono:

A few black people that I see have black necks though. Can it be hereditary? Or is it sulfur use? Or is it just dirty hair in general?

LocksOfLuV said:
Another reason why I will not use a sulphur product (again, except sulphur 8 grease). This thread just confirmed it to me.

That is so not hot either. :nono:

A few black people that I see have black necks though. Can it be hereditary? Or is it sulfur use? Or is it just dirty hair in general?

I do believe that with some people it is hereditary.

I haven't had this problem with Boundless Tresses. I think the key is to make sure your product is not runny; if it is, it will likely run onto your neck and can turn it black.

I think naturallady confirmed that BT can turn some types of jewelery black, but I haven't had that problem either.

Xavier said:
Well I tired to mix my own sulphur base product and the result of the oil running down my neck yielded an itchy neck that eventually turned into unslightly black vein like lines all over my neck and shoulders. My skin was also very taunt(sp) and excessively dry.
Was this an allergic reaction?

Does this happen to everyone who uses sulphur base products?

How long does it usually take to clear up?

Is there some type of oinment or cream that helps treat this?

And is my description above what people mean when they say MTG/BT/Sulpur concoction gave them a black neck?

For the winter it was not that bad since I wore turtle necks that could hide the side effects, but in the summer while I'm sport my nice summer spaghetti strap dress...NO WAY:perplexed

That is why I am hestitant about purchasing BT, I'm scared it took forever for my neck to get back to normal.

I make my own sulfur/essential oils growth aid and I dont have a problem with it running down my neck... I just add a bit of olive butter just enough so that its not runny...HTH

I had the problem with MTG where it made my neck black and it was super dry and eventually (sorry if this is gross) but it became dead skin all around my neck and ears and I had to peel it off. In the process of it peeling I had one ugly neck and ears so thank goodness it was winter because it was easier to cover up.

I used some of my mom's triamcinilone (sp?) cream (Rx) and that helped it a lot. I have eczema so that might have something to do with what happned to me. Sadly enough I still use it :sekret: but I bought sweat bands that I put around my hair line so it hopefully doesnt happen again.

Xavier said:
I thought I read in an early thread that it did turn someones neck black.... or was it the jewelry?

girl mtg turns your neck AND jewelry black. It took forever for my neck to change back to normal. I use boundless tresses now and i have not had this experience anymore with my neck. I dont know what is in that mtg that does that.

If you let it drip down and stay on your neck it will do that to your neck and ruin your jewelry if you wear necklaces.

If you use some kinda facial toner with salicyclic acid or glycolic acid in it it will clear it up in a couple weeks. But your skin will be very sensitive so make sure you use some kinda sensitive skin cream back there like a neosporin/eucerin mix.

jovan787 said:
I had the problem with MTG where it made my neck black and it was super dry and eventually (sorry if this is gross) but it became dead skin all around my neck and ears and I had to peel it off. In the process of it peeling I had one ugly neck and ears so thank goodness it was winter because it was easier to cover up.

I used some of my mom's triamcinilone (sp?) cream (Rx) and that helped it a lot. I have eczema so that might have something to do with what happned to me. Sadly enough I still use it :sekret: but I bought sweat bands that I put around my hair line so it hopefully doesnt happen again.

I had the same problem with mtg with my neck and I also, have eczema I'm did recieved great hair growth and thickness. However, after I finished this bottle I may have to rethink about buying another bottle.:confused:

U may be allergic or using entirely too much sulfur- this is the risk in using sulfur while making your own products-please be careful and I wouldn't advise using any topical chemicals on your neck right now, just let it heal naturally

I haven't had this problem with BT but it would make sense that this would happen with MTG. Afterall, it's used for horses. The chemical makeup is not designed with humans in mind... hey that rhymes!:D

Anyhoo. Though it may be safe to use, too much sulfur as you know, can have adverse effects. I'm also taking MSM which is a sulfur vitamin for hair growth. I have excema and was concerned that it would inflame it but I looked it up and it turns out that it's actually GOOD for excema! Bascially it's about balance. Though we can make these products ourselves sometimes it's best to leave it to the experts. Buy some BT instead.

HTH

I would try hydrocortozone cream. I know that will certainly help w/ the itching, and it you have broken skin, it will help you w/ that. Try not to be too heavy handed w/ the sulfer mix if possible, or not use it while your neck is healing. You could always do it before bed,and put something round your neck to catch any drips, ya know? Also, once your neck heals you can use ambi or someother skin lightening cream, to try to even out the skin tone. Good luck to you!

Back