Starting over after Shaving your head COMPLETELY???

sonycmyst

HI ladies (and guys if you're out there),

I just joined and I couldn't find any thread like this...so I apologize if it's already been started somewhere else. I shaved my head almost a month ago after about 8 years of dreadlocks... (I didn't care for them properly though :nono: ) I needed a fresh start!
anyway, I just want to connect with others who have done the same. I see lots of BCs down to TWA...but not many baldies. I personally LOVE the look, but it's such a pain when the hairs first sprout back in, that I doubt I'll razor it down any more...just gonna start regrowing my hair, natural and healthier than ever!!
I'd like to follow the progress of those starting from a total shave. Please make yourselves known!!

BEFORE

AFTER

TemiLnd

I have never been bald but you look FIERCE!!! Not many can pull it off. You have a nice shape head. I just BC'd in March but after a year's transition.
Ladies chime in.
Oh P.S. WELCOME!!! :)

Glamorous_chic

i don't have any advice, but just wanted to echo what TemiLnd said, u're definently pulling off the look. gorgeous pic! i know my sister and my aunt both shaved their heads for a fresh start after getting tired of using relaxers.

Miamori

Well shoot, if I were shaving it all, I'd def want it to look like your head! It looks GREAT, forreals.

Welcome. :)

And can you mention why it's so irritating for the hair to come back in? I'm curious.

msa

Lawd Jesus.

You're like the prettiest bald person I've ever seen.

I know we have a member who joined not too long ago...rose or rosie something...who had shaved bald. I haven't seen in her in a while though.

ETA: Found it!! Her name is arosieworld. You should PM her. And she has a picture up of her bald in her profile.

I was just telling someone that I wanted to shave my head bald the other day. But I wouldn't look anywhere near as cute as you.

Last edited:

ART11

You looked nice before but you look positively stunning without your hair! Rarely do I see anyone able to pull it off as well as you have!!

Ramya

Love it! I thought about it but chose to go with a low fade instead. There are 2 other members that I can think of but I can't remember their screen names. Hopefully they will chime in soon. :yep:

joytimes10

Well, I couldn't do it b/c I'm not GORGOEUS! Oh my! But you are with all that peaches and cream skin and the perfectly round head. Good luck with the future growth. Can't wait to see your updates in 3-6 mths (hint, hint):drunk: :yep:

sonycmyst

Well shoot, if I were shaving it all, I'd def want it to look like your head! It looks GREAT, forreals.

Welcome. :)

And can you mention why it's so irritating for the hair to come back in? I'm curious.

Well, as I had dreadlocks for 8 years, my scalp was super sensitive and totally not prepared to have a bic razor dragged over it out of the blue, lol. So it became really irritated, further exacerbated by the coarse hairs sprouting up... lots of burning and itching. ouch.

My own fault though - I did it on a whim one night and neglected to prepare my scalp for the shave by moisturizing...

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
Never been bald before but just chiming in to say you have a gorgeous face. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy watching your hair sprout. Take plenty of pics.

sonycmyst

Wow - thanks everyone for your replies and kind words!
Ya'll sure know how to make a girl blush :blowkiss:
:thankyou: (I <3 smilies)

Amerie123

I gotta say it too; these girls were right. You are so pretty bald or not and you must have gotten that a lot in person huh? Well you are lucky that you obviously can pull off any style, so your journey won't be too bad. HHG. I will def. be checkin for your progress pics.

morehairplease

Love it! I thought about it but chose to go with a low fade instead. There are 2 other members that I can think of but I can't remember their screen names. Hopefully they will chime in soon. :yep:

co-signing. I have bc 3 times and opted for a low bald fade instead of going completely bald(I so want to go completely bald but chickened out each time).

You look so BEAUTIFUL though. I know of one member here that shaved her head but her name escapes me at the moment. IIRC, she is from London. I will search my old post to see if I can find her name for you.

MummysGirl

Welcome!

Sorry I can't help, I remember someone who had pictures showing her starting out wth a shaved head. I can't remember who she was...

You look amazing with a shaved head! Wow!!!

infojunkie

I know it must be frustrating to not get what you wanted from this thread but I couldn't NOT reply. You are a stunner for real! You were nice looking with dreads but with the bald head? OMG. I am in awe. I would never be able to pull that off.

Please keep us posted on your updates. I hate to see it grow in (because I haven't seen anybody pull this look off like you) but I'd love to be on sidelines cheering you on. :yep:

HHG!!!

Nonie

I was just coming to tell you that you and arosieworld are two of the most beautiful people when bald that I have seen. If I could pull it off like you two, I don't think I would ever grow my hair. I'll tell you what I told her: please have a portrait of you photographed or painted as you are now, if you must grow your hair. That look has to be preserved somehow. HAWTNESS GALORE!

PoisedNPolished

I did!!!!!! But I never post in the hair forum anymore.. I shaved it, went natural, relaxed, did a short cut and am NOW wigging it. So I stay outta here because I am all over the place LOL. I am considering shaving it again... I believe I have some pics posted SOMEWHERE... try looking for my photo album. It's a fun journey after you shave!

Duchesse

Beautifuuuul!! You have the face for a baldy, your eyes look so pretty!

Sometimes I get tempted to just shave it off and start from scratch. I've done it before. All you really need to do is just wash/rinse your hair with conditioner, before you know it the curls will start sprouting.

Your lucky because if you do things right, you won't have to worry about healing damaged hair liek so many of us.

beans08

You certainly wear it well! I just chopped down to a very TWA, I wasn't brave enough to go bald.