Stages/Lengths of the Afro.....TWA, BAA and ???

AsTheCurlzTurns

You know I was wondering based on something Longhairdreams mentioned, about when one would progress to something more than a TWA, when it's not so Teeny anymore. A Teeny Afro maybe?

Is there any set lengths, or stages when you've outgrown the TWA stage? I mean what's the next step?

What exactly is this "awkward" stage that some posters speak of? I mean what's really awkward about it?

Someone help me understand this and TIA!

LongHairDreams

Thanks for posting this AsTheCurlzTurns. Im wondering if I've graduated from the TWA stage to the TA (teeny afro....as mentioned) because my afro isn't that weeny anymore.:grin:

But I do still think im in the awkward stage.

glamazon386

There's only TWA and BAA. The inbetween is when your hair is too long to be a TWA but not long enough to be a BAA. It happened for me around neck length. It was really too long to be a short hair style anymore but too short to do anything with.

ladylibra

i thought it was twa, Afro, BAA? like short, medium, long? :look:

the in-between stage can happen anywhere. i have one every year, but the first year was the hardest one to get over. :drunk:

choconillaprincess

you know wut i LOVE this idea... because everyone tracks their growth using their stretched lengths... but i RARELY wear my hair straight so know one but me and lhcf care how long my hair is when i pull it! lol... i think i have a BA... maybe we could post pics to determine which is which?

LongHairDreams

you know wut i LOVE this idea... because everyone tracks their growth using their stretched lengths... but i RARELY wear my hair straight so know one but me and lhcf care how long my hair is when i pull it! lol... i think i have a BA... maybe we could post pics to determine which is which?

Good idea. :yep:....im on the hunt!!

gmw

Man I feel like I am still in the TWA stage, I really don't know.....

www.fotki.com/shakkaiwoman

Let me know what you think. The pics on the second page were taken in April (the short afro, completely shrunken fro)...

I think I will call it a fro.... lawd I am tired of classifying my hur:yawn:

LadyEuphoria007

I like this chart too. Yay us! :drunk:

I think I have a TA...it's about 4inches. Most of my pix are shrunken b/c I just wash n go.
(Fotki in siggy)

I left some :drool: in yalls fotkis LOL.