St. Ives Fortifying Reconstructor - Review

KinksnCurlz

All i can say is WHOA!!!
Now you ladies know i LOVE LOVE LOVE
love.gif
me some Keracare Humecto BUT i may have a new lover and his name is St. Ives Fortifying Reconstructor
grin.gif
On a scale of 1-10 I give this product a 10+
smile.gif

I used this last night (i ran out of keracare and am waiting for my shipment) so I had to use motions and Nexxus Therappe shampoo (not that much slip) so my hair was pretty tangled. I slipped some of this bad boy on my hair and WHOA WHOA WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAJOR slip, ultimate softness and lovely smell. I left this in my hair for about 5-7 minutes and rinsed out. Superb feeling afterwards, no residue at all just softness. I proceeded to prepare my hair for a rollerset (it still takes me about 45 minutes to do this tho
frown.gif
) and throughout the entire process I lost no more than 5 hairs which i found on the floor. I was even able to use my fine tooth comb with NO HAIR FOUND IN THE COMB!!!
shocked.gif
This product is definately on the level as the keracare
smile.gif
- never thought i'd say that! - and gets 3 snaps in Z formation
laugh.gif
It's definately a keeper, I'm in love.

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Quaternium 18, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP, Quaternium 80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oleamine Oxide, Dimethicone Copolyol, Steareth-21, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrus Acid, Disodium Dimethicone Copolyol Sulfosuccinate, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Oat (Avena Sativa) Protein, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acid, Tocopherol, Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Sambucus Nigra Extract (elder flower), Evening Primrose (oenothera biennis) Extract, Matricaria (chamomile recutita) Extract, Sunflower (helianthus annuus) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Lemon (citrus medica limonium) Extract, Glucose, Fructose, Pectin, Fragrance

Sounds like a great conditioner. I'm storing this info in my PJ memory banks. It may work great on my daughter's hair. Thanks for the review.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Yes ArmyQT, that is it.
I'm sorry Ayesha, but it is sooo good you just HAVE to get it.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am looking for a protein conditoner/reconstructor so Im glad that you did post it. Plus I know it wont wreck havoc on my pockets because it's by St.Ives
smile.gif

I saw it at supermarket for $1.29 about 2 weeks ago this was a close out price I will definitely have to see if there
is any left.

Cheap product in price only. This is one of my favorites which I buy by the case directly through the company
smile.gif
I hope they never stop making it.

It's really a deep moisturizing conditioner, rather than a strong protein treatment.

The smell is great and yes, hair as silky as can be
grin.gif

~Jade~

I really wanted to pick this up to try on my daughter's naturals on friday, but alas it is not to be
frown.gif
. I cannot find this conditioner anywhere. For that matter, I can't find any St. Ives conditioner.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I really wanted to pick this up to try on my daughter's naturals on friday, but alas it is not to be
frown.gif
. I cannot find this conditioner anywhere. For that matter, I can't find any St. Ives conditioner.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you check your local grocery store(s)? It's about the only place I see St. Ives hair care products.

I understand your pain Armygt because I can't seem to find it anywhere either
frown.gif
. I've checked Target, Walmart, Giant, CVS, and Food Lion to no avail. I guess I'm going to have to order online ..I was trying to avoid shipping
mad.gif
. Oh well ...I have to try it because CH compared it to Humecto which is my staple conditioner.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you check your local grocery store(s)? It's about the only place I see St. Ives hair care products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I tried the grocery stores but no luck. I'll just keep an eye out for it and stop looking.

This product seems to be MIA. I checked everywhere as well. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I'm gonna see if I can order directly from the company. I hope that option's still available.

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
This product seems to be MIA. I checked everywhere as well. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I'm gonna see if I can order directly from the company. I hope that option's still available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo Carlie /images/graemlins/wave.gif...you know if CH gave the stamp of approval I gotta be on lookout...if I run across it anywhere, I'll holla at you. If I don't, I guess I'll wind up ordering it as well. I've always been a St. Ives junkie. I have the Extra Shine Conditioner in my stash, now I must add this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo Carlie /images/graemlins/wave.gif...you know if CH gave the stamp of approval I gotta be on lookout...if I run across it anywhere, I'll holla at you. If I don't, I guess I'll wind up ordering it as well. I've always been a St. Ives junkie. I have the Extra Shine Conditioner in my stash, now I must add this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mo!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

C'mon...u know I gotta look out for SuperHairGrowinGirl...

*Carlie flies over the NYC skyline with SHG on her chest and hair blowin in the wind...*

/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Please...my hair is startin' to get on my last nerve...I think I better touchup soon...before I pull it all out!
4_2_204v.gif
/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

...I see you still tryin' to make sure I stay in shape...
15_8_11.gif
...let me stop... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Okay...this has gotten sooooo off the thread...lol...
I'm done after looking at Carlie's graemlins...Done I tell you.

Now back to the thread...give the St. Ives Reconstructor a try if you can get ya hands on it.

*This product has the stamp of approval from CaramelHonee*

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
is this kinda like the aphogee reconstuctor?

[/ QUOTE ]

HECK no... LOL
I never liked the 2 minute reconstructer... /images/graemlins/barf.gif this leaves ur hair so nice, soft, conditioned AND detangled that it's not even funny.

BTW, i believe it's discontinued /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Yes, it was discontinued. I received my response today... /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting Alberto Culver regarding your interest in our company and its products. We are happy to supply you with the information that you have requested.

Unfortunately, due to low consumer demand the St. Ives Hair Repair Strength & Shine was discontinued, and is no longer available in our warehouses. We are sorry that we were unable to assist you with your request. We will pass your information request on to our Marketing teams for future product considerations.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting Alberto Culver.

Sincerely,

Janet Ireland
Consumer Relations Manager

/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh, well....

LMNBAO... uh DOH!!! i sureput my foot in my mouth! hahaha
and damn those b@stards for discontinuing it! ****'s that they r. i really LOVED that product /images/graemlins/cry3.gif
andybody want to sell some to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back