Review: St. Ives Hair Repair Mud Miracle

Jade21

There was a thread a while back addressed to "St. Ives girls." Well, I consider myself in the group since I use so many of their conditioners. I do enjoy using the products and my results with them have been stellar.

Anyway, someone in that thread had asked about the Mud Miracle, Deep Mineral Revitalizer. Yes, I've used it and figured I'd write a review. I would say I've used the product about 3 times and I would appreciate someone else also writing a review.

This one is a bit strange to me because I just feel in the middle of the road about it.

First, the smell is quite nice. It's a creamy consistency and color with a bit of green tossed in. So, no complaints there.

The product is supposed to be for "dry, stressed hair." I guess that's cool, but it's not extremely moisturizing and I would say only somewhat "revitalizing."

Each time, I've taken one of the 7oz tubes and spread a bit throughout my hair from the roots to the ends. No slathering, but plenty and I've left the product on for about 20 minutes. When I rinse, my hair feels soft but NOT buttery like with that St. Ives Strength and Shine Reconstructor. But, my strands feel sort of "beefed up." So, that's why I think I would say that this "feels" much more like a protein treatment. Not a heavy dose of protein, but a protein treatment. A few days after I've used it my hair feels even more "beefed up." No frizzing or anything like that 'cause you all know my hair is very thick.

So, overall, it's a fun product to try. I'm hoping to work the St. Ives Ylang Ylang hot oil treatment into my routine somewhere this week so that I can write a review. But, with this one, it's not like I want to stock up like with the Strength and Shine Reconstructor.

Overall, on a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 is the best, I would rate this product a 7.

Here are the ingredients: water, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, peg-3-distearoylamidoethylmonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-79, hair keratin amino acids, D1-C12-15 alkyl fumarate dimethicone copolyol meadowfoamate, polysiloxy linoleyl pyrrolidone phospholipid, orange peel wax, polytriglyceryl erucate/eliostearate, polyquaternium 37/propylene glycol, dicaprylate dicaparate, ppg-1 trideceth-6, propylene glycol, elder flower extract, evening primrose extract, blue chamomile extract, sunflower extract, echinacea extract, carrageenan extract, olive extract, rosemary extract, hibiscus flower extract, calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, dmdm hydantoin, disodium edta, silt, fragrance. [Phewwwwww...please excuse any typos]

~Jade~

Even though I've never heard of this product nor am I interested in it, I love to read your reviews!!!

More importantly, I just love "seeing" you around (especially since I was thinking about you this morning).

kiss.gif

Work that ylang ylang hot oil review girl--so I can see you again!!!
grin.gif

Here's my review : i happen to love st.ives products i have all their products for hair i use the mud miracle as a deepo conditioner then i use the st.ives reconstructor conditoner afterwards!!!
smile.gif

Jade21 - i loveeee your reviews
love.gif
Thanks for letting me know about this product, i happen to be addicted to their reconstructor so i will definately try this

Back