SpinOff: Body, Hair, Heat= Cathy Howse!!!

Mrs.Fitness

Thanks guys for your responses to the Cathy Howse thread I just posted!!! Bear with me....I am still a newbie. I am trying to keep up a lifestyle here. I have to work out as often as possible. I love my body and care for it way more than my hair. If I had the option of having a bangin' body or long hair...I got to have a BODY!!! I am looking for a method where I can straighten, workout, and maintain APL natural hair. I am transitioning and plan to straighten most of the time.

I just finished reading a thread where people were criticizing Cathy Howse methods. But if she has been able to use heat every 3-4 days like that and maintain at least APL-BSL hair for 14 years she is alright with me!!!! I figure I can workout really hard on wash days slow it down other days. You guys have been on this site so long that you all dont realize how long your hair is because others have longer hair. BSL is LONG....believe it or not.... I am transitioning from APL to natural. I just want to maintain APL...at least. Longer is great, but not if I cant workout.

Anybody else work out and straighten. I mean strength training, sprints, jogging? What are your methods for maintaing your hair on work out days? Anyone use heat twice a week with Cathy Howse results?

Sorry this is so long...and I keep posting threads. I am trying to find myself:rolleyes:

Qualitee

Cathy Howse may use heat almost every day but note it took her 12+ yrs to reach Bsl :ohwell:. Maybe thats the main reason it took so long. I woudlnt use heat like that.

Mrs.Fitness

Cathy Howse may use heat almost every day but note it took her 12+ yrs to reach Bsl :ohwell:. Maybe thats the main reason it took so long. I woudlnt use heat like that.

I read somewhere that she has MAINTAINED for 12 years. Not 12 years to get there. Read this on another site... I didnt even know she had her own site until today.

Qualitee

I read somewhere that she has MAINTAINED for 12 years. Not 12 years to get there. Read this on another site... I didnt even know she had her own site until today.
yea I didnt say you said it Im telling you what I saw on her site:) But she said herself that it took her 12 yrs to find what works for her and Im saying that using that much heat probably prevented her from maintain hair length faster:yep:

Mrs.Fitness

yea I didnt say you said it Im telling you what I saw on her site:) But she said herself that it took her 12 yrs to find what works for her and Im saying that using that much heat probably prevented her from maintain hair length faster:yep:

Thanks Tanisha....I may have to relax again.

Has anyone grown hair FAST with her method? Maybe diet and exercise is the difference. The other thread says she doesnt believe in taking protein internally...lol. I had to laugh. Protein is my best friend inside and out.

Qualitee

lol There are lots of things that are ture about what ppl say cathy howse does for long hair ,but there are also lot of false statments. There are alot to women on this site that uses her products and love it. But I dont use them. I highly doubt that she doesnt lurk here or on any other hair board ( hey Cathy!) I dont see anything special about her methods. Most of the info she has in her book you can find on here plus more. But I wouldnt use heat that often and I LOVE heat lol

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
PinkSkates is natural and straightens regularly. She also works out frequently :yep: You might wanna pm her about her reggie, I'm sure she'd be more than happy to help :)

HeChangedMyName

I am not a cathy howse fan or foe. She has nice length hair, but with our(black) hair the same thing that works for one, might not work for others. We have such diverse hair that, imo, there is no real one shot regimen/product/piece of advice/technique that will grow everyone's hair and help them retain the length that is grown.
Good luck though, hopefully pinkskates will chime in since she is natural but straightens her hair and works out a lot as well.

Mrs.Fitness

I am not a cathy howse fan or foe. She has nice length hair, but with our(black) hair the same thing that works for one, might not work for others. We have such diverse hair that, imo, there is no real one shot regimen/product/piece of advice/technique that will grow everyone's hair and help them retain the length that is grown.
Good luck though, hopefully pinkskates will chime in since she is natural but straightens her hair and works out a lot as well.

This is so true...So many factors play a part in how fast someone's hair may grow using certian methods.

chebaby

i use heat every week with no problems so far. i use heat protectant and flat iron only on clean deep conditioned hair. i flat ironed twice in one week and felt sooooo guilty lol. would never use heat every 3 days.
im actually going back to rollersetting. im 1 inch from bsl.

Tee

No disrespect OP but many people here really don't care much about what Cathy H has to say about our hair. (maybe this is why you aren't getting many responces)

When she calls something that works (co-washing) ignorant and says it doesn't make sense when we have BSL and beyond hair to proves that it does, most lend her a deaf ear.

I really hope you find a method that will works for you. I know you can do it. Best wishes.

Tee

i use heat every week with no problems so far. i use heat protectant and flat iron only on clean deep conditioned hair. i flat ironed twice in one week and felt sooooo guilty lol. would never use heat every 3 days.
im actually going back to rollersetting. im 1 inch from bsl.
You go chebaby! Big congrats!

Mrs.Fitness

No disrespect OP but many people here really don't care much about what Cathy H has to say about our hair. (maybe this is why you aren't getting many responces)

When she calls something that works (co-washing) ignorant and says it doesn't make sense when we have BSL and beyond hair to proves that it does, most lend her a deaf ear.

I really hope you find a method that will works for you. I know you can do it. Best wishes.

I am sure that calling your methods ignorant has more to do with money than blatant disrespect. She has been running a business since the 80's then here comes LHCF. LOL!!! She is probably losing customers when members from this board bust in on her conventions. I am just trying to find a way to work out and be natural...twists and afros dont look good on me:nono: Thanks for responding.

ETA: Your hair is beautiful

Tee

I am sure that calling your methods ignorant has more to do with money than blatant disrespect. She has been running a business since the 80's then here comes LHCF. LOL!!! She is probably losing customers when members from this board bust in on her conventions. I am just trying to find a way to work out and be natural...twists and afros dont look good on me:nono: Thanks for responding.

Thanks. (and I think you are absolutely correct!!!)

MrsQueeny

Naw she was just being rude. Esp when she said this at our Hair Convention where she brought some of her products for members to purchase. Being nice goes along way esp now with women being more wiser and having a lot of other options for hair care. But I am not knocking her methods because I am sure they work for others as well. I don't straighten that often but I do workout a lot as well. Hope you find an answer. Take care. Q

chebaby

does braidout work for you. i did one not too long ago and i loved it. if i were still co washing i'd do them more often. but you could still do them without co washing. you could also wear your hair out by wearing a wet bun on certain days and by the time it dries, that night you could flat iron. if you tie your hair in a wrap(assuming its straight) the roots shouldnt puff much if at all.

Mrs.Fitness

does braidout work for you. i did one not too long ago and i loved it. if i were still co washing i'd do them more often. but you could still do them without co washing. you could also wear your hair out by wearing a wet bun on certain days and by the time it dries, that night you could flat iron. if you tie your hair in a wrap(assuming its straight) the roots shouldnt puff much if at all.

How do you do a braid out?

Mrs.Fitness

Naw she was just being rude. Esp when she said this at our Hair Convention where she brought some of her products for members to purchase. Being nice goes along way esp now with women being more wiser and having a lot of other options for hair care. But I am not knocking her methods because I am sure they work for others as well. I don't straighten that often but I do workout a lot as well. Hope you find an answer. Take care. Q

Hey Q, I read about your experience with her in another. I could not really understand what you guys meant when she said she doubted your hair. Did she doubt that it was really yours or how fast it had grown in a short amount of time?

locabouthair

Thats one thing that I didnt understand with her, how can you tell people that they can grow their hair healthy and long, even if they use heat frequently. thats like an oxymoron. Not everyone might get heat damage, but still.

MrsQueeny

Hey Q, I read about your experience with her in another. I could not really understand what you guys meant when she said she doubted your hair. Did she doubt that it was really yours or how fast it had grown in a short amount of time?

Yes she asked me and pinkskates if our hair was real. She didn't know about the growth etc at the time. Q

NessaNessa

Thanks guys for your responses to the Cathy Howse thread I just posted!!! Bear with me....I am still a newbie. I am trying to keep up a lifestyle here. I have to work out as often as possible. I love my body and care for it way more than my hair. If I had the option of having a bangin' body or long hair...I got to have a BODY!!! I am looking for a method where I can straighten, workout, and maintain APL natural hair. I am transitioning and plan to straighten most of the time.

I just finished reading a thread where people were criticizing Cathy Howse methods. But if she has been able to use heat every 3-4 days like that and maintain at least APL-BSL hair for 14 years she is alright with me!!!! I figure I can workout really hard on wash days slow it down other days. You guys have been on this site so long that you all dont realize how long your hair is because others have longer hair. BSL is LONG....believe it or not.... I am transitioning from APL to natural. I just want to maintain APL...at least. Longer is great, but not if I cant workout.

Anybody else work out and straighten. I mean strength training, sprints, jogging? What are your methods for maintaing your hair on work out days? Anyone use heat twice a week with Cathy Howse results?

Sorry this is so long...and I keep posting threads. I am trying to find myself:rolleyes:

Prior to becoming preggy, I worked out (kickboxing, jogging, extreme cardio, bootcamp, strength training) like you. Although my workouts arent quite as extreme, I still SWEAT.

I simply bun my hair and dress it up really nice with silk headbands M-Thur. Thursday night is 'hair night and I either rollerset or flexi rod my hair. This allows me to look good and feel good for the weekend and social events :yep: Works for me and I am 2 inches from BSL.

I will not forgo my workouts for hair, BUT I WILL NOT WALK AROUND WITH A BUSTED HEAD EITHER. :lachen::ohwell:

Mrs.Fitness

Prior to becoming preggy, I worked out (kickboxing, jogging, extreme cardio, bootcamp, strength training) like you. Although my workouts arent quite as extreme, I still SWEAT.

I simply bun my hair and dress it up really nice with silk headbands M-Thur. Thursday night is 'hair night and I either rollerset or flexi rod my hair. This allows me to look good and feel good for the weekend and social events :yep: Works for me and I am 2 inches from BSL.

I will not forgo my workouts for hair, BUT I WILL NOT WALK AROUND WITH A BUSTED HEAD EITHER. :lachen::ohwell:

These sound like great options and your work outs sound just as extreme as mine. LOL!!! I want both too. I need to do a search on some of these styling options you all are suggesting. Flexi rods...I have never heard of. I know about roller setting, but how do you do it to natural hair without that fuzzy look? I am 4a type.

Mrs.Fitness

Thats one thing that I didnt understand with her, how can you tell people that they can grow their hair healthy and long, even if they use heat frequently. thats like an oxymoron. Not everyone might get heat damage, but still.

From what I can gather she uses high protein to combat heat damage. I agree with you though. Some people have hair that cant take heat no matter what.

d-rock

She seems a little full of herself. You know how I got my all natural hair to APL? Braids and kinky twists with NO heat. I only used blow dryers 2 or 3 times a year and never flat ironed.