Review of Cathy Howse Dew

Jubilee

I ordered the Cathy Howse Dew and was very excited about it. When it finally arrived, I began to try the stuff and unfortunately, I was very disappointed.
I did not find the Dew very moisturising at all. It didn't even leave my hair soft as Cathy said it would.
It's just too light for my hair.
My hair type is 4a and coarse.
I have given the the Dew 2nd chances...3rd...4th...etc and the results are not any better.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should stop following the Cathy Howse regimen. I don't think it's working for me. I have been following the method for over six months now and still I've not noticed that much increase in length.

Cathy Howse claims that her method is the only proven Black hair growth system in the world. I don't think it's true.
After all, there are other methods out there like 'crown and glory'.

Using her book has also made me spend alot of money on hair care products, because she doesn't tell you which ones are good apart from the ones that she is selling.
It turns you into a product junkie.

I'm thinking of trying Robin's 'Crown and Glory' method instead because I would probably get better results with it.

pebbles

Wow Jubilee, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've been using her methods since October 10 of this year and my hair has been completely transformed. As for her hair dew, it is my favorite moisturizer. It makes my hair so shiny and soft. I can't live without it anymore. It's not good for detangling hair, but for a greaseless spray moisturizer, I think it's the best. I guess this is just another example of what works for one person won't work for everyone. That's really too bad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dandy112

I have purchased the book and was considering purchasing the products but I see mixed reviews about it. I may still get the Dew and the conditioner but I read on her website that when you use her conditioner and do a roller set your hair turns out differently, what is the difference any one know?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Cathy Howse claims that her method is the only proven Black hair growth system in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lordy...

I agree with nita4. 99% of Howse's tips are dead on. Try using different products. I was disappointed that she didn't recommend products, too. She mentions some on her site, though. I think she likes All Ways Natural Oil Moisturizer. Carolyn Gray has a lot of product suggestions on her site.
Both women are real nice about answering e-mails, too.

Carolyn Gray-- http://www.blackwomansguide.com
Cathy Howse-- http://www.ubhpublications.com

G

I have coarse 4b hair and have to be selective when I use the Dew. I generally use it when my hair is wet to wrap or roller set. I sometime will mist the hair. I bought her book and sold it immediately thereafter so I don't remember what she said but different things work for different people.

Valerie

Dear Jubliee
I have read her book and she is good, I have followed her mehtods, shampooing every three days, but since now I do daily conditioning washes and I shampoo, once a week. I think that is even better for my hair. I have type 4b hair, which is thick and very wiry. I use as a rinse, glycerine, rosewater, Infusium 23, one teaspoon of powdered MSM, (when I get it) and a tablet or capsule of pantothenic acid,(crushed) you could also add some aloe vera gel, add some bottled or boiled water, which has been previously frozen and mix in a spray bottle and try spraying on your hair. Also you could use it as a leave it rinse. The only moisturiser which worked for my hair was the one by Wanakee, but sometimes you can't get up with the products, because they are too expensive. I want to spend my money on products which are good like Redken, Nexus and JF Lazartigue, plus it is more available in UK. Two products, I definetely plan to try is Carol's Daughter and Jane Carter Solution.