Someone asked about Reshma Henna

tsiporah

I just wanted to say that it did color a bit but not a powerful color. My grays are lighter.

One thing that concerned me was the green dye that it had. It seemed to have more than my other brands other brand and on the box it said (Do not Use on skin):confused: . But if it is for hair, then it would end up on the scalp.

There is still conditioning with Reshma.
My beloved Rajasthani and Anoos I think I will stay with. I will use up my Reshma though.

JLove74

tsiporah said:
I just wanted to say that it did color a bit but not a powerful color. My grays are lighter.

One thing that concerned me was the green dye that it had. It seemed to have more than my other brands other brand and on the box it said (Do not Use on skin):confused: . But if it is for hair, then it would end up on the scalp.

There is still conditioning with Reshma.
My beloved Rajasthani and Anoos I think I will stay with. I will use up my Reshma though.

I use Reshma, What green dye are you talking about? I'm looking at the box and it doesn't say anything about not using it on the skin...

tsiporah

JLove74 said:
I use Reshma, What green dye are you talking about? I'm looking at the box and it doesn't say anything about not using it on the skin...

The green dye in Indian henna is often times mixed in to give a "fresh green" appearance to the henna. They don't tell you that it is in there. Compare it to the more olive green hennas. This is the dye that can sometimes give people allergic reactions.

JLove74

tsiporah said:
The green dye in Indian henna is often times mixed in to give a "fresh green" appearance to the henna. They don't tell you that it is in there. Compare it to the more olive green hennas. This is the dye that can sometimes give people allergic reactions.

OK....You've confused me :confused: What is the "dye" that you're talking about? Does your box say export quality and I looked again at my box and it says "safe to use on skin". I have a pic of the box and mixture in my siggy.

To anyone wanting to use Reshma, I've been using it for a while with no adverse reactions or problems. The color it gives me it vibrant.