Reshma Henna Question....Coloring

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
This will be my first time applying henna to my hair. I purchased the Reshma from a local indian grocery store yesterday. When I get home I'm going to mix it with water and oil:look:. My question is, I've heard it turns your hair a dark brown with red highlights. Is there anyway to get a darker color or is it the brand that I've chosen?:ohwell:

baddison

natural for good
For me, using Reshma repeatedly has gotten my hair significantly darker. Another faster way to get darker is to do a two-step using Indigo as your 2nd step...but I'm thinking this method is really for those who want dark-dark-brown to black tones.

Hey! I saw your comment in the other Reshma BAQ thread: YES :yep: Subzi Mandi off Route 46 east, in Parsippany, NJ ...is where I'm getting mine too. They also have lots of NUPUR henna as well (that's my all time favorite. When my Reshma is done, I'm going strictly nupur..LOL!:lachen:)

Good luck, and be sure to report back your results....

honeisos

unless you have light color hair or greys ... you really won't see the red .. in the sun yes , like hi lites or a red rinse ... it looks like you hair is dark brown or black so you really should not see red color ex: (like mine) . Henna only makes one color red .. but in a few tones light to dark depending who you get it from . You can add indigo and or alma to darken the red to a brown or black .. please go to heannforhair site for more info and mixes . Henna over time will change your hair .. you might like it and lol you might not !
why are you adding oil and how much oil ?

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Baddison: Thats too funny. I'll have to try the other henna if this comes out right..wish me luck..Just got done mixing it and letting it sit for awhile.

Honeisos: Luv your color. Thx, as long as it's dark brown or black I'm happy with that. I'm using it more to thicken my hair rather than color. I was adding the oil because I heard a few complain about dry hair after using henna:look:. I was trying to avoid that. I guess I'll try it first without the oil and see how things turn out.

baddison

natural for good
I add Amla oil and Aubrey Organics White Camelia conditioner to my henna mix. In my opinion, my mix rinses out like butta....not a shred of dryness either. But to cover all bases, that night, I do a whole head baggy with my favorite oil or moisturizer.

honeisos

Baddison: Thats too funny. I'll have to try the other henna if this comes out right..wish me luck..Just got done mixing it and letting it sit for awhile. Honeisos: Luv your color. Thx, as long as it's dark brown or black I'm happy with that. I'm using it more to thicken my hair rather than color. I was adding the oil because I heard a few complain about dry hair after using henna:look:. I was trying to avoid that. I guess I'll try it first without the oil and see how things turn out.
thanks star ! :) ok you should be good to go . try it without oil. it is drying but i just use a good dc for an hour or two or three lol and my hair is fine . good luck ! i think you'll like it :)