Softening hair following a henna treatment...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I just did a henna treatment on my hair, and I used ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to soften my hair after washing the henna out. Worked beautifully! I figured it would, since it is what is recommended after an ApHogee Reconstructor.

Just sharing for you henna users, and for those of you who are reluctant to try henna because of possible dryness.

Noir

Oooh nice! The last hair pic in your siggy (which is gorgeous btw) .. is that from henna?

Ps. I love me some twighlight too.

kurlybella

omg your hair color is soooooooooooooooooo pretty! is that from the henna - like everyone else wants to know! lol! spill the beans!

sqzbly1908

Just stopping the suspense...yes it is from Henna - I asked her about it about a week or two ago...That color is so fierce!!!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Oooh nice! The last hair pic in your siggy (which is gorgeous btw) .. is that from henna?

Ps. I love me some twighlight too.

Yep, and so are the others, just youcan see the red better in direct light,:grin:.

I think the flash on my cam helps show it. the 2nd and 3rd pic were taken with my phone.

Last edited:

loveable37

I tried using the JAMILLA HENNA 2 TIMES it seems to break off my hair,i am mixin everythin right i might let it sit on my hair too long or the LEMON juice strip my hair explain how to get a good TREATMENT when my hair dryes it feel like silk but i put anythin water base to my hair it feels like sand paper someone explain why?

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

I tried using the JAMILLA HENNA 2 TIMES it seems to break off my hair,i am mixin everythin right i might let it sit on my hair too long or the LEMON juice strip my hair explain how to get a good TREATMENT when my hair dryes it feel like silk but i put anythin water base to my hair it feels like sand paper someone explain why?

I would venture to say that it is due to the lemon juice...I only use water until the dye releases then I mix in the conditioner...when I started to henna - the henna experts on the board stated to NOT use lemon, lime or any type of acidic in the henna as it is makes the hair hard and cause breakage...

lilshama86

You might want to try tea as you base next time.... its slightly acidic but it is not as drying as lemon juice... I use Jamila and with green tea and honey in my mix.... HTH

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'd cut out the lemon juice, and maybe try herbal tea or coffee. Also, orange juice is less acidic than the lemon juice, too. Add conditioner to the final mix.